The online racing simulator
Quote from CoolColJ :Seems like they got rid of the Perfomance points rating system from Prologue

I hope they add it back so you can set set power limits for races.
And add other limits like drive train type etc

Hopefully it will return along with the time trial leaderboards.
Quote from kars19 : standart F1 with some aftermarket wing at the back :thumbsdow "Gordon Murray would probably not approve of that vehicle's aero-balance."(c)Peloton25

they also got standart F1(premium) and 97 spec longtail GTR (standart)

they needed to put 95 spec short tale GTR #01R (actual 1995 Le Mans winner) as stealth car

Well it still looks a lot better than the pics I've seen before.

I also have a Stealth NSX GT500 and a Mazda 787B with my preorder
I wouldn't mind the Stealth SLS as well

Wonder if the raw carbon fiber look is available in the game for other cars....
The jaggy shadow is really becoming distracting now, it's everywhere...almost looks like it's a graphical bug.
Quote from SAxor :All automatic, pelt it into the pits and game takes over.

That's a shame
Quote from JJ72 :The jaggy shadow is really becoming distracting now, it's everywhere...almost looks like it's a graphical bug.

There is also an odd flashing shadow, and "on off" headlight effect on Toscana track when it changes from dusk to dark, I also am finding the headlights don't throw out enough light to see enough on said Toscana track, plus, oddly enough, low beam gives me more illumination than high beam.
Quote from danowat :Hopefully it will return along with the time trial leaderboards.

Just read this

Quote :With GT5 finally releasing today, Yamauchi-san also responded to criticism of the online feature set, revealing to Eurogamer, "Online updates are planned of course for leaderboards and matchmaking – [they're] all planned in the process of evolution."

During a stage presentation earlier in the evening, Yamauchi pledged that his team would be "upgrading every week, every month" to improve the game, which took five years to develop.

Yamauchi described the game as a "pet" that his team had "nourished and looked after," paying special tribute to fans, "all of whom have helped and supported us to develop Gran Turismo."

Beneath a video screen slogan which read: "Today is not the finale. Today is only the beginning of a new era for Gran Turismo," the series creator insisted that his team's work on the project was far from complete.

BTW someone is Ebaying the Stealth car DLC
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA ... tem&item=250726557362
Quote from CoolColJ :Just read this

Good to know there is going to be a lot of support post release
Unlike a certain other lesser quality racing game released for Xbox 360 consoles in October 2009.
It's pretty reckless not to have ANY kind of mechanical damage from the start.. can't believe that wasn't one of the priorities.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Unlike a certain other lesser quality racing game released for Xbox 360 consoles in October 2009.

blah blah blah can you post anything without mentioning forza?
No.
Must get back to play more, no time to write a review...

In short words:
This game is a big positive surprise. There's some minor bad physics similarities to GT5P, but they really are just minor things. The game feels like "back to the roots" in my opinion, with much better graphics and physics (i really like it with the G25, almost perfect feeling).

I don't care if the physics underneath are not the most detailed ever. It just feels great.

Tried a stock S2000 in training mode (where you can really turn off all aids). Feels very good, drifting too (as i said, it's still a little too snappy like GT5P, but much improved now in GT5). Reminded me of the trackdays in my S2000 a little bit (as much as a video game can replace reality (which it can't right now)).
You see Danowat, the difference in glass half way full and empty Cheers for that Jibber..
I can't wait to get home to open my copy of GT5.

The physics are definitely the best. Better than real life, better than even iRacing. The best Jerry, the BEST!.
Is it just me or is the force feedback on this game dire? Where are all the wheel options...where is the analogue clutch?!?! wherrrrreeeee!
Quote from Boris Lozac :You see Danowat, the difference in glass half way full and empty Cheers for that Jibber..

I can see where he's coming from. I played for about eight hours today and i could feel in the first 30 minutes that the physics are still kinda "simple" when you explore their limits. It has improved a lot tho, and i think in 99% of cases it feels amazing. LFS would probably still be the better drifting simulator, but for racing and some small drifts here and there, this is exactly what i was hoping for... it's damn good.

I don't care if physics are simple, detailed, whatever... if they fool me into thinking i'm having an awesome time behind the wheel... they're good enough for me. This game does the job (for me at least).

PS: Replays look amazing (car dynamics, suspension, etc... a tiny bit too stiff, but still very impressive)!
Quote from spacedskunk :Is it just me or is the force feedback on this game dire? Where are all the wheel options...where is the analogue clutch?!?! wherrrrreeeee!

Make sure you find 'simulation' setting for the wheel. It's there somewhere..
Just got an email from Amazon with my codes for the playstation store to redeem my Stealth Mazda and McLaren! Got them downloaded in a flash.
I'm very tempted to buy a PS3 pack with this game. Especially now that my brother is already playing... Anyone think it's worth getting a PS3 for this game? (I'll get more games later on obviously)
Quote from Boris Lozac :Make sure you find 'simulation' setting for the wheel. It's there somewhere..

I found that straight away but it still feels rather linear
Quote from Rikje :I'm very tempted to buy a PS3 pack with this game. Especially now that my brother is already playing... Anyone think it's worth getting a PS3 for this game? (I'll get more games later on obviously)

Why not, i would get it at least for the best virtual version of the Ring and physics that you can definately put in the Sim category.
Just got home with my collectors edition, now I'm ready to become a GT zombie.
Installing now, 50 Ps3 seconds remaining = 5+ mins actually remaining

edit: with 3 seconds remaining I adjusted my pedals touched the brake and installation was interrupted FML

PSN name = TEaaron

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG