The online racing simulator
hows the GT5 physics? the braking physics look kinda dodgy to me on youtube.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :hows the GT5 physics? the braking physics look kinda dodgy to me on youtube.

my thoughts

On initial impressions, it feels good, but reality hits...

Sense of speed is quite poor.

The problem with the physics is a lack of feedback, and the transition is too quick from grip to no grip, it's almost like a switch. If I turn the wheel a certain way and press the pedal, it's hard to tell what I'll get at any point in time in relation to what I got the previous split second etc. Sometimes I get grip, fine I move forward, sometimes I don't and I spin out

someone else's thoughts

Quote :Having driven a whole lot of different cars as high performance driving instructor over the last 10 years, my feeling is that the demo physics are even better that prologue.

However they still don't seem to have one thing correct. Its whatever causes the normal 370z to spin its tires in 3rd while turning. It doesn't have that kind of horsepower to weight that it should be doing that real easily. It may be just that they have over done the whole tire non linearity, and the weight transfered to the rear under throttle doesn't really give the rear more grip like it should (or reduce the front grip like it should either)

In the demo you can see easy evidence of this being wrong because you can spin the tires in 1st just going straight by hitting the gas- even when you are already moving. Very unrealistic for a car of this power level -unless you were in the rain or something.

They have this wrong in prologue too where many rear drive cars will spin there tires in upper gears -like the mid engined (lots of weight over the drive wheels) NSX in 4th gear on S2's with hard turning.

Was really hoping they improved this area. Its strange because it seems like the N3's have very little grip for acceleration, compared to the lateral/braking grip they have. Lateral and braking grip seem to be in good proportion to each other, which is great.

physics are better, but, theres no sense of speed
Quote :In the demo you can see easy evidence of this being wrong because you can spin the tires in 1st just going straight by hitting the gas- even when you are already moving. Very unrealistic for a car of this power level -unless you were in the rain or something.

This bit made me laugh quite a lot. 330HP is plenty to light up the rears on dry tarmac by simply flooring it, even with semislicks. If this kind of guy is a "high performance driving instructor", I'm scared what kind of people graduate from his courses.
Quote from chavm481 :physics are better, but, theres no sense of speed

The track is like that... cmon people, i thought this is a racing sim forum? You'll get that 'NFS shift' sense of speed on some narrow, city track..
yeah, but it can be better for gt5... 65mph feels like 30...
Quote from CoolColJ :yeah spin out in iRacing and hard to drift anything

NetKar Pro allows for much better control and slides, and is IMO the best physics engine out there

iRacing don't have cars with road tires so road car level of driftability (did i made that up? lol) shouldn't be expected. But the solitice and the Legend are very managable on the limit, and the Lotus as well.

In NKO the FF1600 is driftable, as it runs on nearly road tires, but other ares not that much different from Iracing
NKP you're pretty much forced to induce some oversteer in the F1600 (which does run on road tyres, F1800 is slicks) to overcome the lack of aerodynamics. Else you'll understeer into oblivion, or be so slow, that you're being overtaken by the growing grass (that doesn't grow as it's a game)
Quote from JJ72 :iRacing don't have cars with road tires so road car level of driftability (did i made that up? lol) shouldn't be expected. But the solitice and the Legend are very managable on the limit, and the Lotus as well.

In NKO the FF1600 is driftable, as it runs on nearly road tires, but other ares not that much different from Iracing

the legend cars and the skippy are both on road tires

Boris sense of speed doesn't mean WTF OMG IM GOIN 2 BILLION MPH

Its being able to differentiate between 35 and 55 mph without looking at the speedo. Real life does have that..and I agree that it could be better in gt5
argh yeah how can I forget the Skippy, if you want to feel slides in Iracing, there's no better car, it's a wonderful machine.
Quote from spanks :

Boris sense of speed doesn't mean WTF OMG IM GOIN 2 BILLION MPH

Its being able to differentiate between 35 and 55 mph without looking at the speedo. Real life does have that..and I agree that it could be better in gt5

And how do you imagine doing that on a flat monitor, without g-forces and plenty other factors that contribute to that sense of speed? Maybe wind should be more louder, but how could i know how loud the wind is in these cars, i never driven them.
Quote from G!NhO :Really f*ck this game, they just keep delaying this game over and over again.

LFS or GT5?
i think its not bad the more you play it the better it feels

psn: gtp_chrisr1984

tuned - 1:36:884
standard - i cant remember atm.. but i think im 16th (or i was)

overall i was 19th last night
Goes great against the F3 rollover glitch.
Quote from danowat :LOL

Hehe! That's pretty funny.

All the people shouting "Take that PD. FM3 kicked your ass!" in the comments is pathetic though. Seems people can't even enjoy a light hearted video of a funny glitch without turning it into a flame war.
Nice. GT5 has red barriers (+ anti-rollover).

Vain
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Hehe! That's pretty funny.

All the people shouting "Take that PD. FM3 kicked your ass!" in the comments is pathetic though. Seems people can't even enjoy a light hearted video of a funny glitch without turning it into a flame war.

That is YouTube for you.
That's funny But they promised roll-over, they better deliver.
they should, especially in NASCAR!!!!
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Hehe! That's pretty funny.

Its a bit pathetic isn't it

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG