The online racing simulator
Quote from Madman_CZ :I second that, often I find myself thinking, what on earth are those people talking about afraid of being made a noob for not knowing and asking ....

Edit:

Have a technical question, has your GT5 ever hang going from the GT5 main screen to GT MODE? Mine just hangs with the GT5 loading screen and I cannot get to the GT MODE section?

Can't say that has happened with me even once. Check your harddrive maybe time for a new one
Hmm I have a brand new PS3 with a 320GB hard disk, surely it can't be going already.

My GT has loaded now but it was hanging on the loading screen like for 10 minutes before I got to the main menu. It seems to be fine now, must have been some glitch.

Currently I am level 23 making my way to level 24 as I want to complete the Mercedes special event to have all gold trophies on all events I've also managed to achieve all gold trophies for the license tests too but I wish some of them where a bit harder.

Honestly i cant be arsed doing the b-spec driving and I dont get why they included it, I want to drive and not watch some crappy AI race in a good car and still fail to win!!!!!!!! grrrr I did get my driver to level 4 mind hehe...

I was hoping that the new patch would fix the shaking in the in car view but was saddened it had been left alone, all they needed to do is include a slider bar for sensitivity of the shake to make it adjustable.

ohh well... maybe in the next patch, some of the shadowing could get fixed a bit too.
Probably the hang is due to your net connection or the GT servers,
GT5 tries to connect for the news

You missed out, all those special events around Christmas could get you to level 28 very quickly
Cheers for the loaners Col, had some laps at Monza and Monaco in the F2010. Couldn't bring myself to use Racing tyres for long, though, they're ridiculously grippy and make low speed corners at monaco look as though someone has pressed fast forward.

Couldn't buy tyres for the cars, so had to use Racing Wets at a dry Le Mans in the old-timer Ferrari whose name escapes me. I was actually quite impressed by how they felt, I expected them to be far to grippy but they were pretty good and offered believable levels of grip for that car.
Quote from sinbad :Cheers for the loaners Col, had some laps at Monza and Monaco in the F2010. Couldn't bring myself to use Racing tyres for long, though, they're ridiculously grippy and make low speed corners at monaco look as though someone has pressed fast forward.

Couldn't buy tyres for the cars, so had to use Racing Wets at a dry Le Mans in the old-timer Ferrari whose name escapes me. I was actually quite impressed by how they felt, I expected them to be far to grippy but they were pretty good and offered believable levels of grip for that car.

I had downforce set to max on the F1 cars

Sorry I should have loaded up on tyres for all of em!
I'll do that now, as I need to spend some money so my cash laden B-Spec drivers from remote races can empty their pockets
Yeah I had no time to race over Christmas, all that family visiting and all that as much as I wanted to play.

Will have to keep grinding away in the A-Spec to get my level up.

Btw, talking about grip and tyres, yes, the Super Softs are so unrealisticly grippy that it is stupid. I tuned my Lambo Gallardo to 720 bhp, fitted it with some super softs and i cant even get the back end to step out when i floor the accelerator, I mean camon, car with 720 bhp and no wheel spin and no back end sliding with all that power? (and yes, I do turn off ABS and TC)

Shame the game gets a bit silly at times because it is a good game overall.

Mad
Quote from CoolColJ :I had downforce set to max on the F1 cars

I'll do that now, as I need to spend some money so my cash laden B-Spec drivers from remote races can empty their pockets

I noticed that, but it still doesn't explain the apparently limitless traction at the hairpins of Monaco and frankly ridiculous looking corner speeds in the replays. F1 cars are supposed to look a bit clumsy at very low speeds because the aero has little or no effect.

This has only confirmed my decision to use Sports Softs as my racing-soft tyre. If it can get a 60s RM Camaro round the Nordschleife in well under 7 minutes, it has enough grip.
Quote from CoolColJ :I had downforce set to max on the F1 cars

Well what I noticed in the F10 I borrowed from you that at Indianapolis in the banked corners my wheel vibrates like crazy and some how the car gets super sensitive to steering inputs.
I spun like times before I got it right.

Could you help setting up my Toyota GT-one, so it doesn't handle like crap its way to twitchy.
I want it to also drive nicely on bumpy tracks like Nordschleife and Le mans.
Quote from sinbad :I noticed that, but it still doesn't explain the apparently limitless traction at the hairpins of Monaco and frankly ridiculous looking corner speeds in the replays. F1 cars are supposed to look a bit clumsy at very low speeds because the aero has little or no effect.

This has only confirmed my decision to use Sports Softs as my racing-soft tyre. If it can get a 60s RM Camaro round the Nordschleife in well under 7 minutes, it has enough grip.

Racing hards are fine IMO, Racing soft yeah too grippy. I think PD added em in for the casuals. In all the GT Academy trials, only hard racing tyres are used.

On Indy road course you can loose it quite easily on the sharp turns there with hard racing tyres.

Chrisuu01 - I'm not much of a setup expert
Do you have the GT1 shared? I don't have one.
Maybe increasing the ride height and soften it up a bit
Quote from CoolColJ :Racing hards are fine IMO, Racing soft yeah too grippy. I think PD added em in for the casuals. In all the GT Academy trials, only hard racing tyres are used.

indeed cause hard tyres are aimed at learners, and its the right way to go.

seriously... every lobby i play they all use soft/medium in all types of races ( bar off road obviously ) where as i normally go for hard as thats what im used to, im slow in the first lap and a half maybe 2 but then i can push harder then them for the next few and more then catch up any lost time.

when i host my lobbys i force off all assists and only hard tyres and people Freak ! imho: how the f*** can you race 15-20 laps of a given track on softs and expect to last ?? mediums i guess it would be possible yet unlikely but thats just me.
Quote from TiJay :Watch the demo lap, I think it's by Vettel. Basically you'll find out you can go flat out in a lot more places.

Still can't do it, the problem I'm having is that the X2010/X1 is bouncing too much in corners that I understeer a lot
Quote from speed1230 :Still can't do it, the problem I'm having is that the X2010/X1 is bouncing too much in corners that I understeer a lot

you understeer in the X1? You mad?
yeah, I think it has infinite grip so I go and understeer.

A-Spec 39 now. just 24 more hours and I'll be 40
Quote from 91mason91 :you understeer in the X1? You mad?

Strangely enough I do, I notice that the front tyres overheat a bit and I can't turn as much as normal
Edit: I always seem to understeer off the track on the 7th corner
Had another go with Col's F10 at Nurburgring yesterday, on sport-softs with half the downforce. Good fun, breaking traction in the slow corners. One thing I noticed was a sticky-throttle effect over bumps when off both the pedals. You can see the gas pedal bar hopping up and down on its own, and hear the engine note fluctuating. Is this a real thing?
I'm assuming it's trying to minimise loss of traction through engine braking, but it does it excessively.
I've made a server for sub450pp road cars with sports hard tyres. Feel free to join

1472-6681-3759-3055-5757

E: ended, no one joined
Quote from sinbad :Had another go with Col's F10 at Nurburgring yesterday, on sport-softs with half the downforce. Good fun, breaking traction in the slow corners. One thing I noticed was a sticky-throttle effect over bumps when off both the pedals. You can see the gas pedal bar hopping up and down on its own, and hear the engine note fluctuating. Is this a real thing?
I'm assuming it's trying to minimise loss of traction through engine braking, but it does it excessively.

I'm pretty sure real F1's have similar systems to negate the effects of engine braking. Maybe not that badly, but some amount of it.
Probably due to the transmission use. I noticed the same thing in the GT-R, it will crawl with no throttle
I've been taking some pics, still getting used to photomode in GT5.
Attached images
Ahrweiler - Town Square.jpg
Alaska (Snow).jpg
Grand Valley East.jpg
Grand Valley Speedway.jpg
Kyoto - Gion_1.jpg
Mt Aso (Tarmac).jpg
Mt Aso (Tarmac)_2.jpg
Toscana (Tarmac)_5.jpg
Standard cars got some love in v1.06
I noticed my recent purchase of the Audi S4 rally car looked pretty good

Quote from SHIRAKAWA Akira :Comparison before/after:

Also physics and how the control pad feels is way different, tyres seem to slide more, easier to drift etc
T1 on Eiger + Online =

I was in the Green/White Supra. If only I was in the M3 GTR sneaking behind the action:
Attached images
Eiger%20Nordwand%20Short%20Track.jpg
Quote from Furiously-Fast :T1 on Eiger + Online =

I was in the Green/White Supra. If only I was in the M3 GTR sneaking behind the action:

That jump must have caused it
Edit: LOL @ some of the crowd - they flinched xD
Quote from speed1230 :That jump must have caused it

I'm pretty sure it is caused by no-one understanding the meaning of the term 'BRAKE!'
Quote from sinbad :Had another go with Col's F10 at Nurburgring yesterday, on sport-softs with half the downforce. Good fun, breaking traction in the slow corners. One thing I noticed was a sticky-throttle effect over bumps when off both the pedals. You can see the gas pedal bar hopping up and down on its own, and hear the engine note fluctuating. Is this a real thing?

It might an excessively 'realistic' feature, if you are resting on a slack throttle pedal on bumps you will jiggle it with your foot a bit, but what you describe seems to be based on a coded pattern rather than generated random input.
Well. I got a-spec level 40 now. I only have AMG challenge, a few in the World Tour and the Vettel Challenge to gold, for gold standard. and I'm currently grinding out buying 600 more gokarts.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG