The online racing simulator
There's no pleasing or reasoning with these PS fanboy freaks.
its funny when someone says somethings gay..
I actually like it, its much better than GT5p, i tried it with a Logitech Driving force EX wheel.
I've tried to install both GT5 and Forza. They are both crap. Neither of them even install. I don't know why, could it be my graphics card? I'm running an AMD 3500+ and an ATI 1650 card. Could it be Windows XP? Do I need to change to Windows 7 for it to work?
something very wrong with this version.

I just spinned the normal car doing 50kph on 2nd gear... just like that.
i havent tried with my G25 yet, alot of ppl say the 370z in game doesnt drift all that well but i think its pretty much the same irl, from the reviews of the car ive seen they all say the car isnt that good in a slide

cant wait to try something more drifter friendly like a silvia then i'll really be able to tell if the physics are decent

one big thing i think GT5 is doing better then Forza 3 is the in car view, its playable in GT5 and so much more real
Giggity!
Quote from BlueFlame :There's no pleasing or reasoning with these PS fanboy freaks.

The irony of you saying such things.
Quote from mrodgers :I've tried to install both GT5 and Forza. They are both crap. Neither of them even install. I don't know why, could it be my graphics card? I'm running an AMD 3500+ and an ATI 1650 card. Could it be Windows XP? Do I need to change to Windows 7 for it to work?

Erm... you know these are console games.. right?
Quote from spyshagg :something very wrong with this version.

I just spinned the normal car doing 50kph on 2nd gear... just like that.

It's funny because i haven't spun one single time... In case you are using the controller try a wheel, it may make a difference.
Quote from mrodgers :I've tried to install both GT5 and Forza. They are both crap. Neither of them even install. I don't know why, could it be my graphics card? I'm running an AMD 3500+ and an ATI 1650 card. Could it be Windows XP? Do I need to change to Windows 7 for it to work?

Nice joke..
1'37.397 I forgot how addicting is doing hotlaps..
Quote from G!NhO :It's funny because i haven't spun one single time... In case you are using the controller try a wheel, it may make a difference.

I'm on lfs forums. How else would I play but without a wheel?!

Its very easy to spun the normal car even on 3rd gear slow speed and tight corner.

And when it starts to oversteer you rarely catch it because the scandinavian effect spuns you the other way immediately
I presume everyone here is using simulation steering?

I'm finding it pretty hard with the G25 tbh. Is there any way to make your wheel 'lock' after you have gone over the degrees of rotation?
1:50.861 - Stock
1:38.056 - Tuned

It's slightly addictive
Quote from Matrixi :When I first tried GT5 demo very briefly with the pad for a few minutes, I thought it was fantastic and a definite improvement over GT5P in all aspects. Then I plugged in the G25 and those emotions were gone when I took the car out for a little slide and found myself fishtailing and shouting "what's happening yo!?" at the force feedback.

Don't the cars in iRacing spinout easily too? I haven't played it much but I remember complaining about how my Pontiac Soltise would spinout at 30 mph.
Quote from somasleep :Don't the cars in iRacing spinout easily too? I haven't played it much but I remember complaining about how my Pontiac Soltise would spinout at 30 mph.

and nkp, and the simbin titles.
If you spin NKP cars at 30.. you're doing it wrong.

Same with iRacing.
psn - CoolColJ

Controller
1:39:638 - rank 396 with traction control at 1
1:52:395 - rank 321

total 3:32:033 - rank 289

times and rankings from yesterday

------------------

psn - GTP_CoolColJ

DFGT wheel
1:39:568 - rank 441
1:52:111 - rank 311

total 3:31:.679 - rank 301

finally getting hang of the wheel, enough to beat my best controller analog stick times
yeah spin out in iRacing and hard to drift anything

NetKar Pro allows for much better control and slides, and is IMO the best physics engine out there

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG