The online racing simulator
Damage doesn't look anything special TBH, and I am still waiting to see just how "dumbed down" the 800 standard cars will be, I am still reeling from the "no cockpit" in standard cars debacle...
Damage looks ok but body work going through lights
Still, better than only a few dents and scratches
Quote from danowat :Damage doesn't look anything special TBH, and I am still waiting to see just how "dumbed down" the 800 standard cars will be, I am still reeling from the "no cockpit" in standard cars debacle...

It's LFS type of damage.. i much prefer that then predefined bumpers falling off.. this is "real-time" so to say. And who gives a ***k, honestly.. at least on this forum i thought there would be less people caring about that, it's all about how they did mechanical damage..
Quote from Boris Lozac :It's LFS type of damage.. i much prefer that then predefined bumpers falling off.. this is "real-time" so to say. And who gives a ***k, honestly.. at least on this forum i thought there would be less people caring about that, it's all about how they did mechanical damage..

Well, even if I like SIM racing I have an eye for destruction too. It's not that I am going to do my best to wreck anything, but if the accident is to occure - I want it to look as eye candy / realistic as possible.

As you say, predefined damage sucks. For example the damage where only parts can fly off the car, no shape change or anything. And with that graphic.. it will be an eye candy
Each day i believe more in my theory that Scawen went working for PD Physics much improved, synthetic engine sounds, this damage system...you know..
Oh, and Danowat.. i already accepted that i will be using just the Premium cars.. no cockpit, probably physics and sound are not on the Premium level, etc.. 200+ crazy detailed cars, it's fine with me..
Quote from Boris Lozac : 200+ crazy detailed cars, it's fine with me..

minus the 32 variants of skyline, 17 evo's, 12 supra's, 15 scooby's, 11 ferrari's etc.
Ok, 50
The remaining cars will be hybrids.
I don't care how pointless... that is incredibly cool!
Quote from Boris Lozac :Just sick..

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk268/zircon360/Zoom.jpg

Insanely detailed, which is good

Quote from Boris Lozac :Oh, and Danowat.. i already accepted that i will be using just the Premium cars.. no cockpit, probably physics and sound are not on the Premium level, etc.. 200+ crazy detailed cars, it's fine with me..

I know, and that above pic is the reason why I am so sad about it, I mean, only 1/5th of the available cars will look remotely like that, why bother even including the 800 "scummers"
Yeah.. if they haven't bothered with karts, WRC, etc.. then we could've have more of these beauties.. but maybe they'll add them through (hopefully free) DLC from time to time..
ahhhhhhhhhhh 55 dayssssssssssssssss
-
(CoolColJ) DELETED by CoolColJ
GT5 Damage shots
Attached images
340x.jpg
340x2.jpg
Haha! That's exactly what i thought about the previously posted damage pics... they look like some kid had fun with photoshop for five minutes!
Or hit the barriers a lot of times
No really it can end up looking something like that
Don't be childish people It looks pretty good..

only on cars with tinfoil as body works....and how on earth bodyworks can be elongated by impact.

It looks pretty stupid when even carbon fibre bends.
Quote from JJ72 :only on cars with tinfoil as body works....and how on earth bodyworks can be elongated by impact.

It looks pretty stupid when even carbon fibre bends.

Show me how it works in other sims Is there a better system then this.. honest question, i don't know if there is... cause this is the best way to do it in my book.. it's not predefined, it actually depends on the force and angle of the impact. It may not look that 'real', but it gives you better understanding of what happened then some bumpers hanging on..
And given the fact that maybe only half a year ago they started working on the damage (yea, it's not an excuse), it's pretty good.. Who cares honestly, are we sim racers here or some destruction derby fans? And they are too beautifully modelled, it's a shame seeing them damaged anyway..
That's the full damage system, we just haven't seen it yet

Quote :Referring to damage specifically, Yamauchi mentioned some details about how damage will work in the game. There will be two types of damage, depending on the car you're driving. For regular production model cars, you'll be able to scuff the paint job, as well as deform specific areas of the cars. For race model cars, like WRC and NASCAR models, damage will be extended to include parts falling off the car during particularly violent shunts.

Quote from Boris Lozac :Show me how it works in other sims Is there a better system then this.. honest question, i don't know if there is... cause this is the best way to do it in my book.. it's not predefined, it actually depends on the force and angle of the impact. It may not look that 'real', but it gives you better understanding of what happened then some bumpers hanging on..
And given the fact that maybe only half a year ago they started working on the damage (yea, it's not an excuse), it's pretty good.. Who cares honestly, are we sim racers here or some destruction derby fans? And they are too beautifully modelled, it's a shame seeing them damaged anyway..

Take a look at GRID, a shitty game by shitty codemaster, but they do it a hell lot better.

Don't make excuses for PD, they are the last people who needed an excuse. with all the time and resources in the world, there isn't really reasons for bad time management and over ambitions. To do so is an insult to their ability.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG