The online racing simulator
Quote from kamkorPL :
I guess you have driven a car in real life on tracks on limits, and drifted them (if you do comment physics of drifting) ? Or are you just comparing videos from game to videos from real life?

Haven't drifted, no.. just comparing with real videos..
Looks amazing!
Even if the physics are.. well, not simulator, GT games tends to be great fun. Hope I'll get myself a PS3 cheap so I can play this game when it's out.
Quote from The Very End :Looks amazing!
Even if the physics are.. well, not simulator, GT games tends to be great fun. Hope I'll get myself a PS3 cheap so I can play this game when it's out.

Just to make things clear. I didn't want to say GT5P physics are arcade. They are definately on sim-level (basic sim, but it's not arcade).
Did not aim for you mate
Just speaking generally. And for me they seem more arcade than sim, but I enjoy it because of the fun driving modell/physics
Fu*k me, the modeling is out of this world..

ye there are two of these ferrari 458? videos, one of forza and one of gt5. For me it looks like GT5 seems alot nicer in graphics, forza is more cartoony imo.
Yes, both GT and Forza have that Ferrari 458 Italia tribute.. But these pictures above are straight from the replay of the new gameplay video..
Wow, that looks amazing! Only problem is that means there is no good racing game coming out at Q4 for the PS3.

Oh well, I will just hope S3 gets released at Xmas.
been playing prologue on hd, 1080p....

the best graphics ive ever seen ( yeah im easily impressed )

its Great... apart from online play... either im too fast and gettin wreaked or attacked by D-rifters...

Great game, have 5 pre-bought
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Wow, that looks amazing! Only problem is that means there is no good racing game coming out at Q4 for the PS3.

Oh well, I will just hope S3 gets released at Xmas.

March 2010 is Q4, which is exactly what PD said 2-3 months ago at E3, the problem is people wrongly assume Q4 2009 as being the 4th quarter of the 2009 calendar, however its a business calendar which starts and ends at completely different times.

In Japan at least, the fiscal year starts April 1st, ending March 31st. Im not sure if every country has the same timeframe, but it certainly isnt a traditional calendar quarter, its a calendar quarter from a financial POV.

So there should be a good racing game coming out during Q4 of 2009, but not during the last 3 months of 2009. I pointed this out when the Q4 date was published, and said people shouldnt jump to a xmas 2009 conclusion, and here it is... though a LOT was hinted at it being an xmas release, but nothing as concrete as the Q4 '09 date they're still aiming for.
I think GT5 is going to pwn Forza 3 now after playing the sh!theap demo...

Idk if GT5 will have the rice sticker options but it wont take GT much to beat F3 now.......
Quote from Foilpact :I think GT5 is going to pwn Forza 3

The problem is that we are going to have to wait a very long time. March 2010 in Japan, I won't be surprised if it comes out after mid-2010 for the r.o.w.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :The problem is that we are going to have to wait a very long time. March 2010 in Japan, I won't be surprised if it comes out after mid-2010 for the r.o.w.

Depends what you define as a very long time. Lets wait until we get a confirmed US/EU release date before whining.

I don't mind the wait. There are so many other good games coming out over the final quarter of 2009. Should keep me pre-occupied until GT5 is released. Of course I am itching to try it out though!

No, that's amateur trolling. I'm so much more advanced and intelligent and do it out of my own free will to brainwash everyone that I'm right and their choice is retarded.
Quote from jibber :I am convinced that Dustin is one of those guys. Come on dustin, admit it, you're working either for Apple, or Sony.

The point of that article was to highlight microsoft's childishness and stupidity for coming onto gtplanet and fuelling a war because of the release date of GT5, trying to encourage GT fans away from the series because of the long development time. (note: I didn't say delayed release, because it hasn't been delayed at all.)

It's got nothing to do with the people that defend PD for the decisions that they make, most of which are not fanboys, just loyal customers who loved the prequels and look forward to seeing the series progress! It's the same for LFS on this forum. Many of the people support the devs and wish them to take their time for optimum quality, that does not make them fanboys like they are so often accused of being. Obviously like anyone, I would love them to release a perfect grade A 10/10 console racing sim, with GT5's standard of gfx and amount of cars etc, in the next few days. I would love GT5 to be released right now! I can't wait to play it!! But it's not ready yet, so I am going to have to wait. And I am perfectly happy doing so. They are not giving themselves a lot of time for no reason.

I could say loads more on the matter but wouldn't want to bore with a wall of text. Hopefully most of you will understand what I am getting at anyway!

lol at the trolling, thats hilarious

On a seperate subject, just watching the SLS video, and likewise any other clear GT5 video before it, i cant help but think how remarkable it is that were sooo close to having graphics undistinguishable from the real thing.
I think maybe it'll take a good 10-15 years before people will really have to LOOK for proof one way or another to be able to tell, but what they've acheived already seems unthinkable from the original GT game or my childhood (Crammonds F1GP). But GT5 its is quite passable as real footage, theres certainly telltail signs, but they've always captured it far far better than any other racing sim ive seen. I found the Forza Ferrari tribute video yesterday, and i think its the first time ive seen video footage since E3 and their Drift video editing joke of a video attempting to pass off as being realistic... and *visually* its not even close to GT5, replay or in-game, its quite dramatic how different they are. IMO its one of the clearest examples of how the 360 seems to have peaked and the PS3 *if* peaked is visually superior by a distance, and these are current games not 12 months appart. But theres something about how PD go about their visuals which is wildly superior, i think its the lighting and reflections, they have a combination that is believable, it isnt OTT which is where others fall flat. Forza IMO still has an arcade look to it, im not arguing which is the better sim, audio, physics etc but on looks alone (as insignificant as that may be) GT5 is quite stunning, and probably the best looking game (in a playable format) at this moment in time.

I cant comment on other aspects of how GT5 might compare to Forza3, and its not really what this post is about, more about the stage which video games have achieved. Im gutted its looking like another 6 months of waiting (ive had it on pre-order since 17/06/2006, geniunely!) but if another 6 months is what it takes... i'll wait.
The screenshots make me want to get a PS3 just so I can drool over this game all day long. I'll have to find a store that has it running and if the physics aren't too terribly ridiculous I might be convinced to buy it.
Quote from UncleBenny :The screenshots make me want to get a PS3 just so I can drool over this game all day long. I'll have to find a store that has it running and if the physics aren't too terribly ridiculous I might be convinced to buy it.

Physics are FAR from terribly redicolous. For me it's the best feeling on a wheel besides LFS.. far better then all ISI based sims.. haven't tried iRacing though.
Quote from UncleBenny :The screenshots make me want to get a PS3 just so I can drool over this game all day long. I'll have to find a store that has it running and if the physics aren't too terribly ridiculous I might be convinced to buy it.

Same. Just don't WANT a console in my house, let alone a crapstation.
Wow it looks stunning. :O
Quote from Bose321 :Same. Just don't WANT a console in my house, let alone a crapstation.

That is some serious prejudice I've opened my eyes since owning a console, no more bloody drivers and .INI file editings

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG