The online racing simulator
Quote from Klutch :Is it really that big of a deal? How many of you play with cockpit view anyway?

Bonnet view 4 lyfe

Offcourse it's big deal, do you lay on bonnet in real car? And don't go there... cockpit IS the most realistic view..
The only game i use interior view on is LFS, every other game i use bonnet view because the in-game wheel is just distracting.

I don't find it much of a game-breaker, but eh..
Agree with what you say Klutch, Aslong as I get to use my G25 I don't care if there's an interior or not, considering these 800+ cars are just upscales from GT4 and GTPSP.. I'm happy playing with either bumper cam or bonnet/roof cam

As you said I also find ingame wheels distracting as they only rotate like 90°

Also all you moaning about no interior, were you fine playing GT4??

E- New video
Quote from lukelfs :Also all you moaning about no interior, were you fine playing GT4??

GT4?, come on man, that was 6 years ago, things have moved on now, IMO, a cockpit view is pretty much standard, and expected these days.
Quote from danowat :GT4?, come on man, that was 6 years ago, things have moved on now, IMO, a cockpit view is pretty much standard, and expected these days.

Yes ofc, but I was asking if you were fine with driving GT4 without a interior view, anyway I don't want to start an argument so I'll stop here

I guess that all the cars in GT5 P will be in GT5 with interiors, the cars in prologue were some of my favourites :P
I'm still leaving some small piece of doubt that this isn't true..
Quote from lukelfs :I guess that all the cars in GT5 P will be in GT5 with interiors, the cars in prologue were some of my favourites :P

There is a premium car list over at GTPlanet, and yes, all the GT5P cars are premium.
So that's a non-buy from me then. At least until it gets the low-budget pricetag.
200 standard cars and just a couple of tracks really is too few content. I don't care about the 800 below-standard cars.

Vain
My god you people are picky.
Quote from Klutch :My god you people are picky.

Well 5 + years in the making.. i gotta say i did not expected this.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Pfft, I don't care about interior views. I just care about getting cars which look and feel similar to the real version. I don't even use cockpit view anyway. I hope PD don't waste time and make interior views for 800 cars.

Roll on November 2nd! (or w/e release dates it is over here...)

Quote from Klutch :My god you people are picky.

Gotta agree with this. If you don't like it, don't get it, simples.
I love how all of a sudeen "no one cares".

Haha. But really, massive failure and disappointment from PD.
Well PD have decided they don't want to do interiors for 800 cars. There is nothing we can do, so we shouldn't care. Moaning won't make a difference.
The only thing that will make the standard cars worse to me is the low res textures
Attached images
GT5 Standard.jpg
Eeeeeewwwww! That looks horrible.

What an absolute cockup from PD. Such buildup, such hype, and.....

Heh. So much for it "owning" Forza 3.
Quote from DevilDare :Eeeeeewwwww! That looks horrible.

What an absolute cockup from PD. Such buildup, such hype, and.....

Heh. So much for it "owning" Forza 3.

So your saying that because of the graphics? and you havent even played it yet
Wait a second. Werent the graphics the main thing that "advertised" GT5?
So yes, I am to answer your question.

I am also saying that because of no interior view. And also because of most cars being taken from GT4/GTPSP and just remodelled.

I wonder what on earth they really did for 5 years...
Quote from lukelfs :The only thing that will make the standard cars worse to me is the low res textures

Where did you find that awfull picture, that's GT4 if i'm not mistaken... this one's from GT5, but still, can't believe the decision really

Quote from Furiously-Fast :Well PD have decided they don't want to do interiors for 800 cars. There is nothing we can do, so we shouldn't care. Moaning won't make a difference.

?
You can't decide if you care or not. Either you do because it means something to you, or you don't because it doesn't.

As for "moaning", I think people have simply said it's not great and could put them off buying it.

Anyway, I think it's a bizarre thing for them to do. The "premium" cars are never going to be seen as "premium", they will be like the normal cars in any other modern car game. All this is going to do is make the other 600 or so seem really half-baked.
Not sure it would put me off wanting it, it does seem to have a lot else to offer, but I was expecting an all-conquering massively, impossibly, detailed masterpiece. Seems it may fall short of that.

@Boris. Looks the same to me, only a little closer to the camera, which is only going to make it look worse. They look far from hi-res, even in your picture, look at the blue-white above the light on the left of the image.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Where did you find that awfull picture, it looks to me as someone made it like that in photoshop, this is one is more representabile.. but still, can't believe the decision really

Lol I just took it from the youtube video, but its a bigger resolution than the video anyway

@Devildare Turn 10 used the same models from Forza 2 and added interiors to them, and they added a few more cars
Kaz was taking in some racing events. One was in a JDM Civic, and the more recent one was in a white IS-F.

Don't start hatin over a minor thing they couldn't include in the game. Besides, the lighting/track detail is leaving Forza (or any other console racing game) way behind.
Quote from lukelfs :Lol I just took it from the youtube video, but its a bigger resolution than the video anyway

@Devildare Turn 10 used the same models from Forza 2 and added interiors to them, and they added a few more cars

Yeah and? Never said anything about Forza being better.

I am talking about how all the talk was that GT5 will "obliterate" F3. Something that is begining to look really unlikely...
Quote from Furiously-Fast :
Don't start hatin over a minor thing they couldn't include in the game. .

lol, a minor thing Biggest atraction to GT series for me is the fact that it's practically a virtual car encyclopedia.. and they advertised it as "950+" cars.. Well, no, it's not 950+ cars, it's 200 cars, and 800 scraps from previous games, that will useless to me as i can't drive with any other view other then cockpit.. and i can safely bet that the physics also aren't on the "premium" level...
It obvious (to me, anyway), that PD have bitten off more than they can chew with GT5.

I wouldn't mind betting that the 200 / 800 split was never intentional, I reckon PD had the full intention of having 1000 hi-fidelity car models.

I think the 200 / 800 split is the point when Sony turned round and said "enough is enough, release the damn thing".

It does seem strange, because Kaz is such a perfectionist, and I reckon he can't be happy at having 4/5ths of the available cars to a clearly substandard level.

Either that, or the 1000 cars was purely a marketing bullet point from the get go.

I truely hope that the 800 cars ripped from GT4/PSP are JUST the models / textures, and don't use the same sounds and physics, because if thats the case, we are then in a whole new realm of dissapointment.

Bottomline, GT5 will sell by the bucketload, regardless of what I think.
Quote from Boris Lozac :blah blah blah.... it's not 950+ cars, it's 200 cars, and 800 scraps from previous games.... blah blah

Did they say 950+ premium cars? I thought not. 'standard' cars are still cars, regardless of how much detail they have.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG