Quote from danowat :Ok, first impressions.

Damn, some of the standard cars are really terrible, but I guess we already knew that, I bought a Celica for my starting car, nasty panel line textures, as opposed modeled ones.

Sounds, hmm.....well, standard cars aren't great, my celica sounds a bit like a vacuum cleaner, but its acceptable, and I think the premium ones sound better.

Graphically, I dunno, it feels odd, it doesn't really feel as "real" as prolouge did, it all feels a bit "bright and cartoony".

Physics, so far, so good, understeer is modelled well enough, although there is some quite odd weight transfer issues, rear end overtaking the front under braking is well over done, also, shifting is instant, in my celica any way, gear changes aren't realistic, it just press the button and the gear shifts instantly, like a sequential box.

Mixed bag for me, I know I'll be branded as a charlatan, and dragged naked down the high street, but for six years of work?, damn.......

So far 7/10, I won't go into comparisons..........

Edit, oh yeah, damage, well, currently, in my standard celica, at lvl1, there isn't any, nothing, nilch, nada, crashing headlong into a wall at 120mph, and it just shrugs it off with not a mark on the car.
Also, whats up with the crash effects?, an odd "plonk" sound, and the suspension goes up and down a bit.

Damage is unlocked at lvl 20 iirc, yes the standard cars look ugly when your looking close up but when driving I don't really notice the difference , I would rate it at 8.5/10, using a G25 it feels great, although some of the cars handle terrible.

The only thing that really annoys me is that you cant change the rims on the standard cars (I know that we couldn't anyway) apart from that I cant really say anything else as I haven't played it much, but as far as sounds go my S2000 sounds incredible outside, inside it just sounds like a normal car :P and the graphics imo are the same as prologue maybe abit better
Quote from danowat :Ok, first impressions.

Damn, some of the standard cars are really terrible, but I guess we already knew that, I bought a Celica for my starting car, nasty panel line textures, as opposed modeled ones.

Sounds, hmm.....well, standard cars aren't great, my celica sounds a bit like a vacuum cleaner, but its acceptable, and I think the premium ones sound better.

Graphically, I dunno, it feels odd, it doesn't really feel as "real" as prolouge did, it all feels a bit "bright and cartoony".

Physics, so far, so good, understeer is modelled well enough, although there is some quite odd weight transfer issues, rear end overtaking the front under braking is well over done, also, shifting is instant, in my celica any way, gear changes aren't realistic, it just press the button and the gear shifts instantly, like a sequential box.

Mixed bag for me, I know I'll be branded as a charlatan, and dragged naked down the high street, but for six years of work?, damn.......

So far 7/10, I won't go into comparisons..........

Edit, oh yeah, damage, well, currently, in my standard celica, at lvl1, there isn't any, nothing, nilch, nada, crashing headlong into a wall at 120mph, and it just shrugs it off with not a mark on the car.
Also, whats up with the crash effects?, an odd "plonk" sound, and the suspension goes up and down a bit.

Also, does the top gear test track "unlock"? because I can't find it to race in practice mode

C'mon Danowat, it's like you couldn't wait to get back here and bash it.. already a score eh? Play the game, relax..
Quote from bunder9999 :sell it for a g25/27.

Nah I've had 2 G25s previously and both became defective after about 6 months use and tech support was absolutely shite. My Fanatec wheel has been brilliant. Way superior in my opinion, just annoying that I have to get a new dongle for GT5 because I have one of the earlier models of the 911 Turbo. Still working fine though, I've had it for about 2 years now, the leather is starting to wear off I've used it so much!
Quote from danowat :

So it's exactly like Forza on its most extreme damage setting.

Great!
Not bashing, trying to be objective, brought a premium Autozam, model is glorious, also, love the new Cape track, and the track maker.
Yeah Cape track is great fun, I love the jump into the turn

As I said damage is unlocked at level 20 or something
Can you make a quite narrow mountain road on that Mt. Azo scenery?
Quote from TiJay :Can you make a quite narrow mountain road on that Mt. Azo scenery?

I believe there is a video of one that was already made using the track maker. Sad to say this thread has been quite popular lately so its lost about 3 pages back probably.
Quote from TiJay :Can you make a quite narrow mountain road on that Mt. Azo scenery?

I changed the size to the lowest it went and it was pretty thin, a bit bigger than the size of the Nordschleife roads.

Lots of new info up on the official site
http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5/

Quote from Gills4life :Nah I've had 2 G25s previously and both became defective after about 6 months use and tech support was absolutely shite. My Fanatec wheel has been brilliant. Way superior in my opinion, just annoying that I have to get a new dongle for GT5 because I have one of the earlier models of the 911 Turbo. Still working fine though, I've had it for about 2 years now, the leather is starting to wear off I've used it so much!

Nice to hear. I'm considering getting a Fanatec GT3RS V2 with the Club Sport pedals. I love all the extra features it has vs Logitechs, but it doesn't look like it has enough buttons, and the cost....
Quote from lukelfs :Yeah Cape track is great fun, I love the jump into the turn

As I said damage is unlocked at level 20 or something

Is this 100% confirmed?, at lvl5 now.....

Anyone notice you can't race Top gear test track or Nordschleife in time trial?, is this something else that is unlocked?
Quote from danowat :Is this 100% confirmed?, at lvl5 now.....

Anyone notice you can't race Top gear test track or Nordschleife in time trial?, is this something else that is unlocked?

Ok well I'm level 15 and will confirm it when I reach 20, http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132933

Yeah their unlocked.

Spoilerish:
Once you complete the Special events Mercedes and Top gear.
r.e. your spoilerish, thats the next thing for me to do then!
Cheers for t'pics Luke, Polyphony do make some strange choices don't they...
So guys! GT5 got delayed again!
Lucky me then. Been playing it the last few hours!
One thing i'm worried about... is it possible to do the career stuff with premium cars only? Or are you forced to drive standard cars sometimes?
Quote from atledreier :Lucky me then. Been playing it the last few hours!

It's on mass recall. They realized they made it too good, they gotta dumb it down more so sim-racers don't like it.
Not read the whole thread but interested in this now it has come out. I know you get the premium and normal cars together but do you get the special ones too? They were called black edition or something and were all black/carbon fibre but can't find it on google.

Also interested on how people are getting on with their g25's and gt5 as its what I will use if i pick it up.
You mean the stealth editions?
Yeah thats the ones, quick google turns up they are pre order bonuses so no biggy really.

Just got to decide whether gt5 is enough for me to go and buy a ps3 too lol.
Quote from CoolColJ :Lots of new info up on the official site
http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5/

Nice to hear. I'm considering getting a Fanatec GT3RS V2 with the Club Sport pedals. I love all the extra features it has vs Logitechs, but it doesn't look like it has enough buttons, and the cost....

Well yeah it's a great wheel. Just annoying that because mine is such an early version that I need to spend 50 pounds for a new wireless dongle because the postage and packaging is almost 20 euros.

Still I'm having quite a lot of fun even with just the controller at the moment!
Quote from Greboth :Yeah thats the ones, quick google turns up they are pre order bonuses so no biggy really.

Just got to decide whether gt5 is enough for me to go and buy a ps3 too lol.

You get all 6 Stealth cars in EU Signature Edition.
On the CE as preorder bonus, but it varies for each retailer. EB games here is doing all 6 cars for the standard GT5 if you preorder, but their price is quite high!

All CE and SE get the Chromeline car pack

i got mazda 787b stealth as preorder bonus

should get the game in the mail tomorrow
damn i wish i could be unemployed for the rest of the week

IGN: berettaml

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG