The online racing simulator
Quote from Luke.S :Dispatched status from Amazon for me as well. Tristan did it for shipping did it only give you the first class option? (It was free anyway)

Yes! Although the delivery estimate is 1 - 3 days, it is usually overnight rather than three. Fingers crossed I get it tomorrow.

Not sure if I can be bothered to uproot my PC, take the G25 and ECCI pedals and somehow arrangement them on/under my coffee table, or whether to uproot the PS3 and try to connect that to my monitor via a HDMI-DVI adaptor. Or just stick with the dualshock.
Quote from tristancliffe :Yes! Although the delivery estimate is 1 - 3 days, it is usually overnight rather than three. Fingers crossed I get it tomorrow.

Not sure if I can be bothered to uproot my PC, take the G25 and ECCI pedals and somehow arrangement them on/under my coffee table, or whether to uproot the PS3 and try to connect that to my monitor via a HDMI-DVI adaptor. Or just stick with the dualshock.

Same here. I think it will be dualshock for a few weeks until I figure something out. Might take the PS3 downstairs to try on the 3d tv or may put it on my desk to use the G27. But with a 24" monitor rather than the 40" in the living room. Decisions
Got my copy this morning and playing...

Added a couple of you on PSN already but here is mine for others that want to the pleasure of having me on their friends list

PSN: Camtoo
More nice words about the physics..

Quote :oalithgow:

Nice ..... Hey Chis, Have you played Iracing, liveForSpeed or Rfactor?
How do you compare the Physics on the PC sims to GT5 ???

Don't know if you had this question before but i'm really want to hear your oppinion couse you are a really good driver and know about driving physics

Chris:

im using IRacing and LFS for practise, and i can say that GT5's physics are awesome, great, ultra realistic, just IRacing has it more... how shell i say... a tiny bit more accurate perhaps. But then again... how many cars did PD have to apply physic to?

Getting my copy soon, my PSN is niall09
Quote from tristancliffe :Yes! Although the delivery estimate is 1 - 3 days, it is usually overnight rather than three. Fingers crossed I get it tomorrow.

Tristan: Go for the desk arrangement.. it's definitely nice to play Prologue that way, so I can't imagine GT5 being lesser.
hell you guys are getting it early, i am just going to pretend internet doesn't exist until i pick up my copy tomorrow
Got my copy already, Gamestop seems to sell it pre-release somehow. (Or the official site is wrong?)
Anyways, pretty awesome so far!
My PSN is NotSmall for the ones who want to add me (Although I'll keep racing offline for some time now)
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Tristan: Go for the desk arrangement.. it's definitely nice to play Prologue that way, so I can't imagine GT5 being lesser.

But when I want to play Red Dead or LBP with the missus, or GT5 with my housemate then I want the sofa/TV option.

Might have a trial setup later, and see if I can get the G25 on the coffee table with my legs underneath it - sit on the floor, single seater style!!!!!!!
.. it's so awkward.. mostly for pedals
Quote from CoolColJ :My copy will probably arrive in 3-6 days time

anyway Fanatec users rejoice

If this is the case then why is it that mine only works in menus and when put in PS3 mode it doesn't work at all?
Quote from tristancliffe :But when I want to play Red Dead or LBP with the missus, or GT5 with my housemate then I want the sofa/TV option.

Might have a trial setup later, and see if I can get the G25 on the coffee table with my legs underneath it - sit on the floor, single seater style!!!!!!!

Would it be worth getting a second set of cables? Leave one set plugged in at the desk, the other at the TV, and then you can just quickly unplug the PS3 and move it? I'm thinking that's probably what I'll have to do...
Not a bad plan I suppose... Will have a look at the cables required - a HDMI-DVI cable and a power cable I suppose. That way the PS3 unit can be shoved on my desk and the G25 plugged straight in........... Should be fairly easy! Wonder how many digital inputs my monitor has?
If i use an hdmi to dvi cable, will i be able to use the 3d setting of my samsung 2233rz monitor?
Quote from CoolColJ :Japanese intro syncs so much better with Moon over the Castle theme song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYSRVOa7Hlo

Well that's just expected, the MCR song was just shoddy and I'm still wondering why it's in a intro for a well known game like Gran Turismo.
Whilst Moon over the Castle fits, the MCR song made the intro look like a poorly made fan made intro that I see a lot on Youtube
Well that's ****ed me off. My Fanatec worked fine in Prologue and the TT demo. Nothing now
Quote from danowat :PS3 experts.....

Can you add friends to your PSN on your PC? (like you can with XBL?)

Yeah, bit of a pain to do this on the PS3..

btw, my PSN= zeromussov

Feel free to add me.
Any other UK'ers here a bit miffed that the SE is being held back by ParcelFarce when the standard games got delivered today?
Turns out I have to buy an updated version of the wireless dongle from Fanatec for my wheel to work. That's really pissed me off since a new dongle is 30 euros and then there's a 17 euro postage and packaging fee from Fanatec plus 19% VAT on top!!

Cost me nearly 50 quid just to get a new dongle. **** that! Been mugged.
Made a Photobucket for all my GT5 shots, if you want the full HD image just ask

GT5
Quote from Gills4life :Turns out I have to buy an updated version of the wireless dongle from Fanatec for my wheel to work. That's really pissed me off since a new dongle is 30 euros and then there's a 17 euro postage and packaging fee from Fanatec plus 19% VAT on top!!

Cost me nearly 50 quid just to get a new dongle. **** that! Been mugged.

sell it for a g25/27.
Quote from adamlfs :Made a Photobucket for all my GT5 shots, if you want the full HD image just ask

GT5

Is that Civic your GT Mode car?
Anyway, nice pics
Quote from speed1230 :Is that Civic your GT Mode car?
Anyway, nice pics

Yeah they all are, it's around 900kg and 230bhp. It handles great and so does the S2000

When online is working shall we do a Nordschleife track day? Everyone in their own GT mode car
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Ok, first impressions.

Damn, some of the standard cars are really terrible, but I guess we already knew that, I bought a Celica for my starting car, nasty panel line textures, as opposed modeled ones.

Sounds, hmm.....well, standard cars aren't great, my celica sounds a bit like a vacuum cleaner, but its acceptable, and I think the premium ones sound better.

Graphically, I dunno, it feels odd, it doesn't really feel as "real" as prolouge did, it all feels a bit "bright and cartoony".

Physics, so far, so good, understeer is modelled well enough, although there is some quite odd weight transfer issues, rear end overtaking the front under braking is well over done, also, shifting is instant, in my celica any way, gear changes aren't realistic, it just press the button and the gear shifts instantly, like a sequential box.

Mixed bag for me, I know I'll be branded as a charlatan, and dragged naked down the high street, but for six years of work?, damn.......

So far 7/10, I won't go into comparisons..........

Edit, oh yeah, damage, well, currently, in my standard celica, at lvl1, there isn't any, nothing, nilch, nada, crashing headlong into a wall at 120mph, and it just shrugs it off with not a mark on the car.
Also, whats up with the crash effects?, an odd "plonk" sound, and the suspension goes up and down a bit.

Also, does the top gear test track "unlock"? because I can't find it to race in practice mode

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG