The online racing simulator
Gran Turismo 5
(7862 posts, started )
Well i guess they think it's not something they should tell you, but it quietly unlocks as you progress..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Well i guess they think it's not something they should tell you, but it quietly unlocks as you progress..

All very well and good, but how often do you see a tyre smoking like that as someone drives in a straight line?

How about: never. Reminds me of the early days of LFS tyre wear.

I was hoping you meant that he'd had a crash and the tyre was rubbing on the body, but as a result of heavy cornering?
Still happens in LFS fwiw.
It doesn't even matter.

Forza's damage is shit anyways, there's 3 models that just swap depending on randomness. In what planet does a frontal impact yield a drivable car, along with scrape marks on the roof and a dinted rear?

That's just if(impact){car.modelSwap(3);}... pretty simple logic, and yields shitty results.
Quote from sinbad :All very well and good, but how often do you see a tyre smoking like that as someone drives in a straight line?

I was hoping you meant that he'd had a crash and the tyre was rubbing on the body, but as a result of heavy cornering?

Yep, i don't know why would the tyre leave smoke trails all the time, it should only under heavy braking and maybe if you have flatspots..
that's a nice flowing track!
Hey I just noticed:
There are drivers called Senna and Alonso in that B-Spec race video
Quote from sinbad :All very well and good, but how often do you see a tyre smoking like that as someone drives in a straight line?

I was hoping that you were be facetious and that it was the result of body rub... but it isn't. That's sad.

I hate 'blingy' features that make no sense.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It doesn't even matter.

Forza's damage is shit anyways, there's 3 models that just swap depending on randomness. In what planet does a frontal impact yield a drivable car, along with scrape marks on the roof and a dinted rear?

That's just if(impact){car.modelSwap(3);}... pretty simple logic, and yields shitty results.

lol you really are like a Forzaphobic- always the first to mention the game. Perhaps overcompensating for a secret passion for it.
True, what's up with constant Forza Forza, who mentioned it.. sometimes you sound like a 10 year-old
But i do agree on damage and sound comments, all over the web.. how people are ignorant and have no idea of what they're talking about. Damage and sound is REAL-TIME! How on earth no one respects that, and think it's better that parts just randomly start hanging from the car, and that the car sounds OMG~!11!!! with the sample, which gets booring and unusable after 2 laps.. arghhh.

Quote from sinbad :lol you really are like a Forzaphobic- always the first to mention the game. Perhaps overcompensating for a secret passion for it.

I've played quite a lot of it. But only to pass time.
Honestly, if the physics of the standard cars are okay, I'll be perfectly fine driving them.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Honestly, if the physics of the standard cars are okay, I'll be perfectly fine driving them.

Same, most of the standard cars i'd actually want to drive look pretty nice too!

And ff@ I don't care if my first car is standard, making 22k will take no time at all...
I agree, my first standard car will probably be something from Honda like a Civic. After a few races I'll buy a RWD car to do drift events with, then when I unlock premium cars I'll do the same and maybe get a S2000 or Integra
Why is it so LOL? It gives a good learning curve. You learn how to drive a car, then add difficult variables. The luxury of a videogame is you have that ability to add and remove variables at will.
Are people actually buying this "Reach a certain level to unlock damage" thing?.

Why on earth would they do that, its ridiculous.
Quote from danowat :Are people actually buying this "Reach a certain level to unlock damage" thing?.

Why on earth would they do that, its ridiculous.

All your posts in this thread are like this, what is the matter with you? You don't have to comment here if you don't like GT5, which is quite obvious that you don't.
it was out of stock in asda when i went today
Quote from Nadeo4441 :All your posts in this thread are like this, what is the matter with you? You don't have to comment here if you don't like GT5, which is quite obvious that you don't.

Do me a favour, I've owned EVERY version of GT, I've had a copy of GT5 on preorder for ever, of course I like the GT series, and I am sure I will enjoy GT5.

But all this blinkered fanboy shite is ridiculous.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Why is it so LOL? It gives a good learning curve. You learn how to drive a car, then add difficult variables. The luxury of a videogame is you have that ability to add and remove variables at will.

Not really a "Real Driving simulator" then, is it?

Gran Turismo 5
(7862 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG