The online racing simulator
Why are you defending an undefendable thing? They false advertised it, as someone who only drives from cockpit, i am not getting those 1000 advertised cars, simply as that.. i don't care that you and millions of people will play it with gamepad from third person view. I expect(ed) a LFS, iRacing type of simulation with this game, not some subsitute for GRID or NFS..
Quote from Boris Lozac :I don't care that much about cockpit details, it's the perspective from which i can drive most confortably, it's the most realistic view and i just can't drive from any other view.. so basically those 800 cars are useless for me... and also, who guarantees that the physics are not also 'standard' for those cars..

Physics should the same across all models, I don't see why they would be hardwired. Damage and deformation will be different since the older models were created by a single mesh instead of separate panels. But you will still get dents, scuffs, dirt and mechanical damage.

Only thing is sounds, I hope the sounds from GT4 are not carried over :scared:
Yes, but take 10 ovals for Nascar, 10 'dirty' made up rally tracks, 10 imaginary asphalt tracks, and that leaves us to 10 real, usable tracks, at best..
was there, in any of the sources and interviews, a word that these 800 cars receive no cockpit at all?
Quote from ACCAkut :was there, in any of the sources and interviews, a word that these 800 cars receive no cockpit at all?

Well, the cars are carried over from previous games, previous GT-s did not had cockpit view, so there you go. And some journalist asked Kazunori about cockpit views, he replied "would you like to have the wireframe as in PSP version?".. and "well, that is technically doable".. That is a definitive no on cockpits to me..
Is it possible to run a game from a flash drive on the PS3? My disk drive does not read disks. I suppose i could transfer the contents from the disc to flash mem at a mates house then transfer that to my hard drive.?

Im kinda doubting that will work though.
Quote from anttt69 :Is it possible to run a game from a flash drive on the PS3? My disk drive does not read disks. I suppose i could transfer the contents from the disc to flash mem at a mates house then transfer that to my hard drive.?

lol, offcourse not, if that's possible wouldn't you think there will be piracy on PS3 by now?
My view on it is that I'm happy to have GT5 with 200 new awesome cars and the new features, and I'd rather have the GT4 cars than not have them really. If you don't like 'em, don't drive 'em.
Still a let down considering Forza 3 has over 400 cars with cockpits and good physics. All standard. All laser scanned iirc.

(Although the 911 Turbo is still shit :razz
Guys no matter what Gran Turismo 5 is gonna be an epic game it even has the top gear test track! so stop moaning and go preorder your copy! I am this weekend it's gonna sell like mad
I still think the terms Premium and Standard are a pisstake though. How about Standard/New for Premium, and "Old Shite We Stuck In That Took Five Minutes Cos We Spent So Long Building BBQs For The Dynamic Crowd We Forgot To Make Any F*cking Cars" for the GT4 cars?
Quote from TiJay :I still think the terms Premium and Standard are a pisstake though. How about Standard/New for Premium, and "Old Shite We Stuck In That Took Five Minutes Cos We Spent So Long Building BBQs For The Dynamic Crowd We Forgot To Make Any F*cking Cars" for the GT4 cars?

What happened with your previous view on this

Quote from TiJay :My view on it is that I'm happy to have GT5 with 200 new awesome cars and the new features, and I'd rather have the GT4 cars than not have them really. If you don't like 'em, don't drive 'em.

if they're using GT4 cars it does make me think wtf have these time wasters been doing all these years?
Quote from trebor901 :if they're using GT4 cars it does make me think wtf have these time wasters been doing all these years?

Well nuts and bolts, carpets and sparks for 'premium' cars..
Also, who knows.. Maybe if Kaz is getting this "RELEASE IT BEFORE THE RAPTURE" type response from Sony.. that they might release monthly patching, bringing 50 cars to the higher standard?
I wouldn't drive from cockpit anyway, unless they fix that 180° rotating wheel
Quote :What happened with your previous view on this

Completely different points. I'd rather have the cars because moar is always better, and it's quite fun sitting on the handbrake and pretending a CVT'd Honda Jazz is a drift car. Saying that and saying the terms "Premium" and "Standard" are misleading aren't mutually exclusive... I think!
anyobe know where i can preorder the special edition version
I'm disappointed that they persisted with photo mode, what a lot of crap. Used it once and couldn't be bothered after that also this lounge thing also sounds like crap. I would rather they spent the time on more tracks which people would enjoy a lot longer than taking pictures in a game.
Quote from brt900 :anyobe know where i can preorder the special edition version

Yes on this site you can order together with Duke Nukem forever.
--->clicky
Quote from Boris Lozac :Yes, but take 10 ovals for Nascar, 10 'dirty' made up rally tracks, 10 imaginary asphalt tracks, and that leaves us to 10 real, usable tracks, at best..

He said more than 40 though

And all the Nurb courses would be considered 1 track even though, there are quite a few in it.

The recent news does seem disappointing emotionally, but if you let things cool down and think about it logically it's a non issue. And we haven't even seen everything and know what the full game will offer.

Thundering down the Ring at midnight with other people online is going to be sweet

I wonder about the customization of the standard cars. It will be at least GT4 level, with wings and wheels (but better off course), but there might not be extensive bodywork options like the premium versions. I hope at least for a basic livery editor and paint shop. Even preset decals you can place on the car like some Japanese drift games will suffice. Just so that every car online is unique

Quote from anttt69 :Is it possible to run a game from a flash drive on the PS3? My disk drive does not read disks. I suppose i could transfer the contents from the disc to flash mem at a mates house then transfer that to my hard drive.?

buy a 2nd hand PS3....
Quote from Luke.S :Still a let down considering Forza 3 has over 400 cars with cockpits and good physics. All standard. All laser scanned iirc.

(Although the 911 Turbo is still shit :razz

The interiors in Forza aren't that great, and not all cars had em, and the quality varies. A lot of the cars are from Forza 2 as well
If you look behind you won't see the rear of the car

edit -

from years back

Quote : French vidéo game magazine " JOYPAD" goes to Japan and meet K Yamauchi at polyphony digital and give us 3 pages of interview and some more scoop about GT5:

- All cars and tracks of GT4 will be in GT5
- more cars and tracks should be downloadable
- 4 driving views
- damages for the race cars
- All Ferrari + F1
- new city tracks
- online drivers : 12 to 20
- changing weather during race

It's all true now, they stuck with the plan. Can't complain about that

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG