The online racing simulator
Quote from Klutch :The only game i use interior view on is LFS, every other game i use bonnet view because the in-game wheel is just distracting.

I don't find it much of a game-breaker, but eh..

I use in-car on LFS, rFactor and GTR2/GTRE and that's it. Hell, some of the time in rFactor (read: in open-wheelers) I prefer to drive in TV Cockpit, which puts you in the airbox - and that's not really cockpit view.

Quote from lukelfs :As you said I also find ingame wheels distracting as they only rotate like 90°

Not to mention the wheel in Prologue always moved a lot slower than the rate at which you were actually turning, which made it look bloody bizarre.

Quote from lukelfs :Also all you moaning about no interior, were you fine playing GT4??

I wonder how many of the people moaning have even played GT before...
Quote from CoolColJ :The interiors in Forza aren't that great, and not all cars had em, and the quality varies. A lot of the cars are from Forza 2 as well
If you look behind you won't see the rear of the car

Every car in Forza has a cockpit.
Quote from gtpsharky :I wonder how many of the people moaning have even played GT before...

And the point being?

It is one of my plans to buy a PS3 for this, so you can't say it doesn't matter.

I've played GT2 and GT4, GT4 was so so but GT2 was pretty good in that era.
Quote from JJ72 :And the point being?

That none of the previous GT games have had cockpits, yet nobody bitched about that despite that other games around the time of 2/3/4 had cockpit cam...?

If all 1000 cars were interior-less and were "standard" quality, would you people still be bitching? Or are you lot just whining because you found out that a new feature to the series was in fact only going to be used for a fifth of the game's cars? 200 fully-modelled cars is still a lot. GT3 only had 170 ffs...
Quote from JJ72 :Every car in Forza has a cockpit.

Yup, and every car in Forza has an interior, although its "just" the sides, not the rear.

They aren't perfect, some have dials and displays that don't work, but at least they are all there, and all custom.
Quote from JJ72 :Every car in Forza has a cockpit.

Every cockpit in Forza is shithouse, and cant match the quality from GT5's cockpits. Evens up.
Granted some look shit, but at least they made the effort to put them in. I think it's much better to have a tacky looking cockpit than to have a view on the bonnet*

Please note I am not a fanboy of any sort, just stating my opinion.
Quote from aoun :Every cockpit in Forza is shithouse, and cant match the quality from GT5's cockpits. Evens up.

Except only 200 cars have cockpits. Forza close to 500 with them.
Quote from Luke.S :Except only 200 cars have cockpits. Forza close to 500 with them.

Except 300+ cars are from Forza 2 where they only needed to add interiors
So?

700 or so cars are from GT4 and PD could of just "added" interiors to them.

Its pathetic to see you guys defend something you were all bloating about before...
Quote from DevilDare :So?

700 or so cars are from GT4 and PD could of just "added" interiors to them.

Its pathetic to see you guys defend something you were all bloating about before...

I'm not defending it, I'm just saying how people say that Forza had interiors on all cars, considering Turn 10 have loads more people working on Forza than PD on GT5
Quote from lukelfs :I'm not defending it, I'm just saying how people say that Forza had interiors on all cars, considering Turn 10 have loads more people working on Forza than PD on GT5

Uhm but PD only makes Gran Turismo?
The plot thickens
Anyway the Simracing TV crew are going to ask as well

Quote :
NO im not talking about that

here's my email

"Nice E3 coverage, PLEASE find GT5 staff and ask him will "Standard cars in GT5 have cockpit view!"

We are disparate to know this....

He replayed "yes they will have cockpit view"

Quote from CoolColJ :The plot thickens

Although that still doesn't mean there will be actual interiors

@Chrisuu01 Here
Quote from gtpsharky :That none of the previous GT games have had cockpits, yet nobody bitched about that despite that other games around the time of 2/3/4 had cockpit cam...?

If all 1000 cars were interior-less and were "standard" quality, would you people still be bitching? Or are you lot just whining because you found out that a new feature to the series was in fact only going to be used for a fifth of the game's cars? 200 fully-modelled cars is still a lot. GT3 only had 170 ffs...

Because time has changed?

And probably because this is the first GT title that I will consider buying, I didn't consider the older titles worthy of complaining since it wasn't quite up to standard.

I don't care about full interiors, 1000 cars with dashboard view was all I have expected.
quotes from another forum

Quote :It´s becoming clear that the high amount of time PD employed in its game is paying dividends. Obviously the tracks show tricks, and some shortcomings can be found here and there, but the overall quality is simply erasing each and every doubt that I could have.

The main question now seems to be how many cars will have interiors modelled. Well, I suspect that the issue of downloadable content is around us...but at the same time we have the evidence of Prologue, that showed some "cheap" cars with beatifully rendered cockpits... My bet is that the users of Prologue will import the interiors of these cars for free (that´s almost a given, if the data is compatible why not allow that?), and beyond that who knows...

In any case, the modelling of 1.000 cars seems too demanding even for Polyphony. No offense, but I found car´s interiors in Forza 3 less detailed (at least, in-game) than Prologue´s. The effort is there, of course, but I imagine that artist working with 3D editors spent more time per car in PD that in Turn10, and that´s money. At the same time, I don´t know if some form of prebacked lighting is patched into GT5 cockpits. If that´s the case, more time/money has to be taken into account. The tweaking of that has the smell of napalm burning in the brain of the artist at dawn, you know.

I live in Madrid and frankly the videos and images of the circuit seems so accurate that I have to admit that GT is definitely a day one... It´s not the raw effort, nor the resolution, nor the numbers... is the apparently insane care of PD that has sold the game to me. Ok, they have the time, the founds that others haven´t, but.... the results are simply awesome, at least from what we can see now.

It´s like I HAVE TO support that effort. It´s so unusual to choose care over profitability that I feel guilty if I don´t buy the damn game. If GT5 is not a critical success Yamauchi may be in a trouble, but... I subjectivly agree with his approach to gaming.

Quote :Believe me, it´s just absurd how REAL (accurate) seems to be the track. OK, some flat corners, "photoshopped buildings" and so on if you look at the end of that intersection, but I use to go with my camera around during some evenings (I like photography) and man, they have it right.

If the goal is to make you really feel that you´re racing in the streets that looked at you during the last twenty attrocious traffic jams definitely my revenge is on its way... I´ve been looking at the Metropolis building for hours along all those years... just eating smoke of tired cars... la Gran Via and the Castellana crossroad could put you near Michael Douglas performing Day of Fury . Beautiful place in any case... better by foot in a pleasant evening.

Yes, the screens are great.

I saw some pics and the tracks are very accurate!
Quote from CoolColJ :The plot thickens
Anyway the Simracing TV crew are going to ask as well

Who asked this, and who answered?
Quote from DevilDare :

It's pathetic seeing people being called pathetic for voicing justified opinions and points of view.

Quote from Chrisuu01 :Uhm but PD only makes Gran Turismo?

Never heard of Tourist Trophy?
Quote from Gills4life :It's pathetic seeing people being called pathetic for voicing justified opinions and points of view.

Never heard of Tourist Trophy?

Yes and that was once and there will not be a sequel.
Oh come on, let's cool down all
It's like taste, we won't agree no matter what.

GT5 has never had superb physics, but allways keeps you entertertained, and to me that is the most important part. There will allways be things that could be better, or could be made on a other way, but if it's fun - why not see those qualities?

And Forza was a good game too, so no superior games here.
Quote from The Very End :Oh come on, let's cool down all

GT5 has never had superb physics, but allways keeps you entertertained, and to me that is the most important part. There will allways be things that could be better, or could be made on a other way, but if it's fun - why not see those qualities?

I could not have said it better myself.
Quote from The Very End :Oh come on, let's cool down all

Have you played the latest Time Trial GT academy demo? To me those physics were very good, certainly above rFactor and the likes, honestly.. I really have high expectations for physics in GT5 cause i'm not looking for some GRID with awesome graphics as most people do, i want a serious sim, to be played with a steering wheel.. and they certainly have the chance to create that..
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Yes and that was once and there will not be a sequel.

Wouldn't be so sure of that, in fact I remember reading an interview with Kaz not too long ago where he said they would consider it. With all those tracks sat there finished I'd expect PD would be quite keen to squeeze every dollar out of them with a bit more recycling. I doubt they'd delay GT5 at all for it, though.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Have you played the latest Time Trial GT academy demo? To me those physics were very good, certainly above rFactor and the likes, honestly.. I really have high expectations for physics in GT5 cause i'm not looking for some GRID with awesome graphics as most people do, i want a serious sim, to be played with a steering wheel.. and they certainly have the chance to create that..

I have not played a GT game since the prologue, and tbh I liked them (the physics) Just said "not superb" to not make unnessesary forum agro

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG