The online racing simulator
Quote from The Very End :I have not played a GT game since the prologue, and tbh I liked them (the physics) Just said "not superb" to not make unnessesary forum agro

Yeah, i wasn't a fan of Prologue physics, but Academy Demo really clicked with me, the feel of weight transfer was awesome, something that none of the PC sims can get right... and beeing that the cars can finally rolll over now in the full game, i'm expecting it will have a big impact on the whole car behaviour..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Yeah, i wasn't a fan of Prologue physics, but Academy Demo really clicked with me, the feel of weight transfer was awesome, something that none of the PC sims can get right... and beeing that the cars can finally rolll over now in the full game, i'm expecting it will have a big impact on the whole car behaviour..

True that, remember having a laught in GT3 when cars bounched like insane, but never rolled over
Quote from sinbad :Is magician David Copperfield plying his trade in the background of that video too? I assumed Boris posted that because of the graphics glitch, rather than the lights being flashed.

What graphical glitch?

EDIT: oh, i saw it now
Quote from CoolColJ :They said it takes them 6 months for each car, so they really meant it.
Kaz said the Honda HSV might not make be finished in time, hope it does...

Red Bull F1 car is a dead cert
http://www.redbull.com/cs/Sate ... 863182148?p=1242807156063

Sweet, now if only we can get McLaren in and show those guys at SCE Studio Liverpool and Codemasters how to make chrome work over a whole car, we'd be in business! I sware to god, if I see another flat grey McLaren I'm going to flip.
Quote from Dygear :Sweet, now if only we can get McLaren in and show those guys at SCE Studio Liverpool and Codemasters how to make chrome work over a whole car, we'd be in business! I sware to god, if I see another flat grey McLaren I'm going to flip.

Wouldn't surprise me if it is. Someone reported seeing the PD team, a whole bunch of Japanese people at Mclaren, scanning the F1 GTR and MP4-12c.

I also read that an engineer behind a modified Mustang they scanned, was asked by PD to come up with 70 values from the car to enter into the GT5 physics engine
Top Gear track - incar. I think head tracking is being used
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC7wpupIP5U

apparently Taku Imasaki mentioned in an interview, that they're still undecided about having NASCAR vs. other cars, and 16 players online is the minimum.... can't find the source though
I suppose with no AI, it should free up resources, would be nice if you could also have some AI for online as well.
Nice.. but if i see these flying starts and that "BLING" sound again, i think i'm gonna puke..
There are standing starts in Prologue, online at least, every race I do online has been standing start. You can tell the guys who sacrifice tyre grip for power, when they blast down the straight from last place and overtake everyone
That's one of the beauties of the PP system, you can trade in tyre and aero grip for more power when the track dictates. Though you do lose low end torque and vice versa, reducing power increases low end torque

The reason why I said head tracking might be on is, that they did have PS Eye doing tracking, setup at the show, and while you can look left/right in GT, you can see his view move around a fair bit when going down the straights
Lol, I just checked the GTPlanet website today.

Will LFS be able to release their physics update before Gran Turismo? A year after the beginning of this thread? I am curious to find out. Both games that have been praised for their accuracy to reality, both games a great fanbase, and both games have pushed their ETAs NUMEROUS Times.

I am buying a PS3 in the next week with my allowance (the money that bought me S2) in anticipation for GT5. I might even sell my DFGTfor a Porshe Wheel!
Here's a pic taken from GTPlanet comparing 'Premium' and 'Standard' cars... Imo I think the 'Standard' cars look perfectly fine

and GT4

I heard Sebastian Vettle is doing the voice overs. I wonder if he will tell you to crash into your team mate or the cars next to you?
Quote from JJ72 :Just imagine the corner cutting mayhem online.

There could be some system in the game which limits the speed of the car if a player cuts a corner, like in nfs shift. I'd actually like to see something similar to that in GT5.
Quote from CoolColJ :Top Gear track - incar. I think head tracking is being used
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC7wpupIP5U

This is a track, is it not, with cross-overs? I knew this was in the game, but didn't expect it to be treated like any other circuit. I thought it would be single-player only, or at most 2 or 3 cars at the same time. Perhaps this large field, bizarre rolling start affair is just for this demonstration version.
Quote :"Go-karting"

please be good
Quote from Furiously-Fast :There could be some system in the game which limits the speed of the car if a player cuts a corner, like in nfs shift. I'd actually like to see something similar to that in GT5.

it´s already in gt5prologue.
go..? karting..?
I wonder if go karts count as premium cars.

Up to now, I haven't really made ny own track in Modnation Racers. Hopefully GT5 will make me more interested in track creation.

EDIT: Argh dammit, I realised what the problem is.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG