The online racing simulator
Quote from Furiously-Fast :I wonder if go karts count as premium cars.

Up to now, I haven't really made ny own track in Modnation Racers. Hopefully GT5 will make me more interested in track creation.

EDIT: Argh dammit, I realised what the problem is.

What's the problem?

I dont think this has all been 'Confirmed' yet, I think it might be a false alarm
Chassis flex...

...ill donate $200AUD to LFS if the simulate chassis flex, lean/rich engines and being able to tune it.

If not, its pointless. IMO it woud be a kart with f1 physics in the size/shape of a gokart and have a steering of 90degrees.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Nice.. but if i see these flying starts and that "BLING" sound again, i think i'm gonna puke..

That bling sound is great! Brings back so many memories of playing GT1 for hours on end
Quote from lukelfs :What's the problem?

I dont think this has all been 'Confirmed' yet, I think it might be a false alarm

That is also what I was thinking, but someone commented on gtp saying it was something from Modnation Racers. I'm kinda doubtful of that now since I know that MNR doesn't have weather effects (apart from that lightning power up)
Quote from Furiously-Fast :That is also what I was thinking, but someone commented on gtp saying it was something from Modnation Racers. I'm kinda doubtful of that now since I know that MNR doesn't have weather effects (apart from that lightning power up)

Nah they mean't that the guy who said about track/weather might have been talking about modnation, but thats already out so I dont think thats the case

Some more information about 'Standard' car interiors, http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=128532

That is the driving park gymkakahahannana area from gt4. I can tell because of the paint on the ground.

Those photos could easily be photoshoped. The view is so far away you can see any detail.

Edit: I agree about the bling sound. It detracts from the immersion. Also that spectate view before the start countdown is annoying too.
Quote from legoflamb :That is the driving park gymkakahahannana area from gt4. I can tell because of the paint on the ground.

Those photos could easily be photoshoped. The view is so far away you can see any detail.

Edit: I agree about the bling sound. It detracts from the immersion. Also that spectate view before the start countdown is annoying too.

I thought some GT4 tracks were in GT5, like the cars???
I didn't say driving park wouldn't be in GT5, I was just pointing out the obvious.
Quote from lukelfs :Sweeeet, Track editor

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-t ... r-track-editor-confirmed/

E- Ok maybe not looool

Shuhei Yoshida is the CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment, and is on Polyphony Digital’s Board of Directors, along with Kazunori Yamauchi and Kaz Hirai. So consider it legit

Wonder what they will add for GT6, because GT5 is pretty packed now!

edit

and

Quote :From member Guffaluff

I just recieved a reply to my email regarding the Kotaku GT5 article. This is what I wrote (I apologize for some minor brown-nosing :

Hello there .

I've been following your website for quite a while now, and all I can say is thumbs up! .

I just read your E3 article on GT5, and I have one question, if you don't mind .

It's about this segment of the article:

"The developers have created fully modeled interiors for the Premium cars, as well as doing detailed modeling for the car's undercarriage and even the exhaust pipes! The Standard cars apparently won't have the exact interior modeling. For example, an Enzo's interior will look like the real deal, but your typical Mustang's will look like exactly like Mustang's."

Maybe you have noticed, but there has been quite a lot of fuss regarding the recent announcement of Premium and Standard cars in GT5, and if the latter have cockpit view or not. What you write in the above segment indicates that the standard cars do indeed have a cockpit/dashboard view, just not nearly as detailed as the premium cars.

Could you by any chance clarify this? Because according to some other articles, it suggests that the Standard cars don't have any form of cockpit/dashboard view. So do the standard cars have some sort of a cockpit/dashboard view? Also, if you happen to know, are the Standard cars simply upscaled GT4 models, or have the car models been improved so thy don't look out of place in a race with premium cars?

If you have the time and info to answer those questions, I (and probably all of GTplanet.com :P ) would be really thankful .

Best regards

And this is the reply I got:

"What you write in the above segment indicates that the standard cars do indeed have a cockpit/dashboard view, just not nearly as detailed as the premium cars."

That's correct. And that's why I wrote it.

He didn't comment on if the standard cars would be simply upscaled GT4 models or not, but this indicates that the standard cars should have a cockpit view, just not with the same amount of details as the premium cars.

Just wanted to let you guys know

Quote from CoolColJ :Shuhei Yoshida is the CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment, and is on Polyphony Digital’s Board of Directors, along with Kazunori Yamauchi and Kaz Hirai. So consider it legit

Wonder what they will add for GT6, because GT5 is pretty packed now!

edit

and

It still could be the possibility that he's one of those 'bosses' that comes into a visit once in a while and isn't quite into development that much. He could be saying things out of his ar*e, like "yeah, there will be Porsche (and he saw a Ruf while visiting PD)" and stuff like that, if you know what i mean... Let's wait for some visual confirmation.
How would track editor work anyway? You can't create anything serious with a gamepad, maybe if mouse worked in track editor or something...
Ang go-karts, give me a break, they are so hard to simulate, if they are in, it will be something so useless and won't behave like a real go-kart at all..
Quote from Boris Lozac :It still could be the possibility that he's one of those 'bosses' that comes into a visit once in a while and isn't quite into development that much. He could be saying things out of his ar*e, like "yeah, there will be Porsche (and he saw a Ruf while visiting PD)" and stuff like that, if you know what i mean... Let's wait for some visual confirmation.
How would track editor work anyway? You can't create anything serious with a gamepad, maybe if mouse worked in track editor or something...
Ang go-karts, give me a break, they are so hard to simulate, if they are in, it will be something so useless and won't behave like a real go-kart at all..

Well he was the producer of Gran Turismo, and all the other GTs, and a ton of other games, so I'm sure he knows a bit about what GT5 is doing

http://www.mobygames.com/devel ... t/view/developerId,40712/

Use the Move to create tracks
The Track editor, that could be very similar to what MNR has, but replacing the cartoon look with something more photo-realistic. I dont think the question is so much 'You can't create anything serious with a gamepad' because thats fairly obvious, its unlikely that in order to create something thats generated on-the-fly like MNR, but with photo-realistic models, IMO the PS3 cant handle that - its too much data & rendering.
Even if its ultra low res, low poly models in the editor, i dont think we'll see a truely in-depth editor which would allow us to accurately replicate a track to the standard of GT5s other tracks.
All of MNR's disc based tracks are created 100% with their in-game software, theres no way thats the case for GT5. So what we have to accept is that its either a very basic level track editor, or its not the GT5 equivelent of what MNR has, but more incommon with the LFS AutoX editor.

I'd be more than happy with a very basic MNR type editor, i think grumbling that we couldnt create somewhere like the green hell 100% accurately so its rubbish is beyond the point. If it was like MNR, where all you start with is a vast open space of land, you put down a track, shove in grandstands, buildings, run-offs & gravel traps, block trees (not individual trees) and some sort of hilly landscape etc... Im not knocking LFS when i say this, but theres not an awful lot of difference from what ive described above to somewhere like Aston or Westhill.

I dont need an editor which gives me control over every tiny detail, i'd take something that allows me to race on a custom made venue which might not be uber realistic but is certainly recognisable as your driving around. Tracks like A1 Ring, Oulton Park, Zolder, Hockenheim... those sort of locations could be created by individuals to a standard which we'd recognise and be able to race around, without having to have precision on everything. Creating venues like Abu Dhabi & Monaco... thats another matter, and who'd expect to see a tool capable of making a venue like those 2 on a console? Heck, even a PC game (built in) as well as being user friendly too.

I'd love a track editor, MNR have shown its very doable with very little effort on the users side to make something drivable. Those who put in the effort will create something far better, but its managable for everyone. I do think a full on track editor as i've mentioned is still a little unlikely, Kaz always aims for perfection and if he's not happy with something he wont add it. So whatever they'll provide it'll be something they're pleased with... but it could still be an Auto-X arena & track editor.
Kaz said a while back that the tracks that players can create won't be like the tracks that come with the game - obviously, considering some of these took a good year to make

and karts....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLYCrVP-g2g
If this talk about a track editor is true, then as long as we can control track camber, width, elevation and textures (grass/sand/dirt/gravel/road markings) then I'm happy
inb4 Blackwood on GT5
Modracer's track editor is the shit, just need a tool to stamp road textures and small elevations than it would be the absolute bomb.
So you Aussies are crazy for GT or what..
More excited about TDU 2 then GT5 really.

although i own every single GT that came out even the limited ones such as GT concept for PS2.
Made this .gif from a video

Also in avatar size if anyone wants it lol
Attached images
UntitledLores.gif
Ava.gif
Quote from aoun :Chassis flex...

...ill donate $200AUD to LFS if the simulate chassis flex, lean/rich engines and being able to tune it.

If not, its pointless. IMO it woud be a kart with f1 physics in the size/shape of a gokart and have a steering of 90degrees.

That's what it'll be probably, kinda like TOCA did all those years ago.
Quote from Mustafur :More excited about TDU 2 then GT5 really.

although i own every single GT that came out even the limited ones such as GT concept for PS2.

TDU is like fun for a couple of months and after that no more. At least that's what I found when I was beta testing TDU. I didn't have any inclination to get it after the beta testing period
Exactly the opposite for me. I have most GT titles, and they are fun for a while, then I drop off and do something else, and maybe come back after a while.

TDU keeps me coming back much more often, and for far longer at a time.
Quote from atledreier :Exactly the opposite for me. I have most GT titles, and they are fun for a while, then I drop off and do something else, and maybe come back after a while.

TDU keeps me coming back much more often, and for far longer at a time.

Main problem with TDU was the physics just aren't deep enough to enjoy.
It was fun for a while crusing online, exploring, and playing cat and mouse with people and other cars in the world, and then doing drag races with others down the main straight in the main city area
But after that what then? The races and events weren't that interesting, the usual NFS stuff and courier jobs

It's sorta like GTA, but you can't kill people, which robs half the fun

---

BTW Kaz is pissed at the leak of weather, editor and karts etc on his twitter. It doesn't confirm if they are legit though
Could someone explain how GT5 getting some F1 cars would work legally?

Dont codemasters own the rights or something? I just dont understand completely how it works.. :/
Gran Turismo get the Licensing from the teams not the FIA.

And glad to hear all cars have cockpits then.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG