The online racing simulator
If someon have a kind hearth can post a race with the cobra 427? with cockpit cam?

Whould be multiple orgamsn for me
Can you who already got it tell just how much races one can find in GT Mode?
I read that there are no more manufacturer races, which made up like 1/3 in GT4.
So far.....

There are 5 series, beginner, amateur, professional, expert and extreme, each of these (well, at least beginner, amateur and pro), 9 race series, so 5 x 9 is 45 series in total.

In theory you have 90 series, because all these are mirrored in B-spec too.
Hopefully picking up my copy sometime later this afternoon!
PSN name is: SargeBanner
For those who want to add me
how do you adjust brake/throttle sensitivity?
Go-karts are a heck of a lot of fun, more so than I thought they would be, can imagine they'll be a right laugh online!
I wish I hadn't bothered pre-ordering mine, despite the optimism I had upon seeing that play.com had dispatched my copy on Friday.

Just got the post today and no sign. Rubbish!
My Z4

just got home

omg this feels like the longest install ever
if they can just group all license test into one track environment it wouldn't have to load so much......
installed mine to hdd
Even with a full install, loading times are quite drawn out.
I wish I had a PS3 only because of this game :scared:
Quote from danowat :Physics better than LFS?, nah.

There is not much in the way of feel of "squish" and subsequently the minute changes in grip from the tyres that you get with LFS.

Tyre model feels quite basic.

Have you turned off all those driving aids, force recovery etc, steering wheel on simulation?
Quote from Boris Lozac :Have you turned off all those driving aids, force recovery etc, steering wheel on simulation?

Yup, everything off (its a pain that things turn themselves back on for certain events) using G25.
Sorry, i just can't quite take you for granted You're for some reason set up against it from the get go, glass is half way empty etc.. Gotta see it for myself, then i will apologize if neccesary
Gotta ask, what's your experience with real cars and maybe some amateur racing?
Real cars?, well, I've owned tons, trackday'ed a few, been driving for the best part of 20 years, owned, and trackday'd motorbikes too, also done a fair bit of karting over the years.

Toyed with the idea of racing numerous times, but finances get in the way, infact, I was taking a serious look at entering a racing series next year, got as far as quotes to prepare some cars, but still deciding if I can afford it.

Glass half empty?, maybe, but after 5 years, and countless buckets of polish later, GT5 should be the definitive next gen racer, and its not, its quite a long way from it, considering a game released over a year ago does the racing part better.

Its just an opinion, don't get bent out of shape by it, like I won't get bent out of shape if you think its the best thing since sliced bread.
i wish I can give a proper physics review, but so far I can only drive shitboxes that understeers like a pig. The license tests are a proper challenge though, i have a couple that needed just a few hundreds till i get gold.....
i done class b gold now doing a
I can't get the 307 tsubuka hairpin one down, just can't get it turn in, and the rev drops too much when I try an early apex, any tips?

edit: got it down now, it's faster in-in-out that out-in-out as the game suggested
I really want a ps3 just for this game alone.

I am solely relying on reviews from this thread for this game. I want LFS racers background on this...

Is it really worth my $300-400? I really have no interest in any other PS3 games or Blu-ray movies...

/Subscribed.
You say you have no interest in PS3 games.. but trust me.. there are plenty of good PS3 games as well as GT5.

I won't drive my copy until later tonight.. need to work apparently >.<
if you have $300-$400 to throw away a month, then it's a no brainer.

if it takes 3 months or so to save up, i'll still say it's worth it.
damn int-c licence is hard to get gold

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG