The online racing simulator
Quote from CoolColJ :Little kid doing a Time Attack against the Datalogger ghost, with a Lexus IS-F on the "new" tweaked version pf Fuji Speedway and doing rather well!!!

You can just barely make out the new improved V8 sound of the IS-F
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEO68aHyQlQ

He has a lot of potential in his life, maybe he could try out GT Academy lol
I can imagine him pwning online, hope I'm not one of his vicims
Edit: HE BEAT GOLD TIME! :faint2:
He's a bruuuuuute.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from Fastwalker :I think its bronze actually

I think not, the target time and the trophy colour did not differ during race
Pre ordering some time in October, Untill then gonna stick with my bruuuute GT5P
Pre-ordered my copy last week, 43 euros shipped. Didn't see much point getting either of the special editions, the price is just way too high for me considering what they offer.

Been warming up with GT5P again lately, it still looks damn amazing after all these years.

Can't wait for November.
Quote from Matrixi :Pre-ordered my copy last week, 43 euros shipped. Didn't see much point getting either of the special editions, the price is just way too high for me considering what they offer.

Been warming up with GT5P again lately, it still looks damn amazing after all these years.

Can't wait for November.

Same here. Pre-ordered it on newegg for 35 euros (counts to 48 dollars), standard edition. Still looking to upgrade the hard drive though. I guess 40 gig will do till I find any interest in other games after GT5.
Quote from ImportFantasy :Same here. Pre-ordered it on newegg for 35 euros (counts to 48 dollars), standard edition. Still looking to upgrade the hard drive though. I guess 40 gig will do till I find any interest in other games after GT5.

laptop hdd is all you need.
Quote from Luke.S :laptop hdd is all you need.

Any laptop HDD?, I've got only 12GB left on my 40GB PS3.

Are they easy to install?
4 phillips screws.

Pop off the door with your finger nails, pull it out, 4 screws, take the old drive out of the mount, put the new drive in and your PS3 will auto-format it.

You should first backup the old HD to an external drive though using USB and the "backup utility" in teh system XMB bits.
Quote from danowat :Any laptop HDD?, I've got only 12GB left on my 40GB PS3.

Are they easy to install?

Yep, any laptop 2.5 HDD will do. I've heard that 5400RPM are the best ones since you don't have to worry about them "over-working" or something. And I'd say yeah, they're pretty easy to install.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFjlhmAosrU
Thanks guys, I'll have a look if I can find a nice cheap HDD
Luke, chances are it'll take upto 2TB (once 2.5" drives come out that are that big.. currently they are only 750GB).

I have a 500GB in mine. I can actually use the space on it, unlike my 360, that doesn't let me copy content to the 250GB drive that's there.. ****ing useless machine.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Luke, chances are it'll take upto 2TB (once 2.5" drives come out that are that big.. currently they are only 750GB).

I have a 500GB in mine. I can actually use the space on it, unlike my 360, that doesn't let me copy content to the 250GB drive that's there.. ****ing useless machine.

yeah but think about how expensive it would be. Look at micro sd for example. £90 for 32gb
1 TB, 2.5" drive.

140$ CDN.

That's damn cheap. You don't need an SSD drive. Any 2.5", SATA drive is fine.
SSD wouldn't benefit a PS3 anyway, neither would a 7200 rpm hdd, since the chipset is set to limit the bandwidth. A basic 5400 rpm 2.5" hdd is all you need, anything faster wouldn't give you any performance gain.
Yeah, but he brought up that a 32 GB SD card (which I found highly irrelevant as we were talking about Laptop HD's).. was 180$.. so a 500GB drive would be expensive (They're not.. they're under 100$ CDN)..

I was just clearifying that the PS3 doesn't need anything solid state, it's just a bog standard HD
Al this talk about hard drives makes me wonder how BIG GT will actually be gigabyte wise
I recall reports of you being able to just not use HD at all, upto like 10GB of storage.
-
(Luke.S) DELETED by Luke.S
Exactly, 5 or 50 mb, basic installation, and 10gb optional, for faster experience. I'm not sure i'll find those 10 on my 40 gb
Originally when I bought my PS3, it was for GT5 only. That was about 2 years ago, and I've only used it for movies (in which I've streamed from my computer to the PS3). I still have about....17 gigs or so left, so I'm all good...for now.
How do you see what on the drive and how much space is left? I'm sure there's alot of junk on my drive from downloading dmos and trailers and whatnot...

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG