I haven't played anything really since Dirt 2 so i have plenty of my 150 gigs left
Quote from atledreier :How do you see what on the drive and how much space is left? I'm sure there's alot of junk on my drive from downloading dmos and trailers and whatnot...

There is a system information thing in the XMB menus
Quote from CoolColJ :There is a system information thing in the XMB menus

There is, but when you are spoilt with the way xbox handles data / content, its a real chore to find and delete stuff on the PS3.
Hehe! Good for the 360 fanboys to stick that in there. If that's the best point of the 360 I'll pass... :-)
Quote from danowat :There is, but when you are spoilt with the way xbox handles data / content, its a real chore to find and delete stuff on the PS3.

Really?!

I find the Xbox to be a ****ing tragedy when it comes to data and content. I think I ended up DLing the Forza DLC about 3 times because I wasn't sure if it was there and installed. I can't transfer movies from a USB key to the HD of my 360. I can't even copy over Music! I have this 250GB HD.. that I will never fill because Microsoft has put stupid limitations on it.

PS3 I can store my content on it, use it when I want, and overall.. have freedom. 360 feels.. so useless for anything but games because of it's shitty media handling. PS3 is more useful as a media center + games console.
I guess it depends what you are used to.

BTW, I am about as far from a fanboy as you can get.
You're a pretty big one if you think the 360's content management is anything but disgustingly bad. Having to keep USB keys or HD's plugged in to watch content is ****ing annoying, especially if I want to load it up with a TV season or a load of movies as I go somewhere.

I'm actually quite appalled with the 360's disgusting UI. There seems to be several different ways to do everything at any given moment.. however none of them are logical. I can go to the dashboard to go through.. one of the 7 or 8 categories.. only 1 of them useful, the other 6 of them are advertisements for various games/deodorant/Halo things. Nothing is easy to find, it's just kinda.. placed everywhere and you're left to discover it.

Then you have your Guide, that has everyhing in the dashboard UI, but in different places and categories again!

It's like playing a memory game anytime you want to use a function on your Xbox... it's pretty retarded to put it nicely.
Quote from danowat :I guess it depends what you are used to.

BTW, I am about as far from a fanboy as you can get.

You sure about that? You point out that your PS3 gathers dust, at pretty much every chance you get..
Still, this is a GT5 thread.. And the GT5 for Xbox seems to be delayed some, so let's not even talk about it...
Ouuffff, you boys are so boring
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from brandons48 :STFU about the Xbox.

Anyone else pre-ordered GT5?

My dad's going to weld together a wheel stand and seat to use with my wheel, getting an old car seat on there. Should be a nice little project.

Same. Plan on using solidworks to design a ripoff of the simpod and build it in my school's workshop haha.
Quote from MijnWraak :Same. Plan on using solidworks to design a ripoff of the simpod and build it in my school's workshop haha.

If I wasn't so damned busy I'd do the same.

I <3 my Solidworks
Quote from MAGGOT :If I wasn't so damned busy I'd do the same.

I <3 my Solidworks

Hah, yeah I've got about 10 minutes free a day between work, school, and girlfriend so it'll be a slow moving project for sure. Hopefully will be done by november though. I've got a nice leather cadillac seat I'm gonna use
The super-duper Hi-res view revealed alot of standard cars. Standard cars look quite good (exterior-wise.) Only the lack of an interior cam is a problem to same.
pre-ordered from shopto.net
Quote from Furiously-Fast :The super-duper Hi-res view revealed alot of standard cars. Standard cars look quite good (exterior-wise.) Only the lack of an interior cam is a problem to same.

iirc someon in this th say, they be about 100+ or so, with full cockpit view (The premiun cars ), and the rest gona have 1 or 2 "Generic" cockpit view.
Quote from Inouva :iirc someon in this th say, they be about 100+ or so, with full cockpit view (The premiun cars ), and the rest gona have 1 or 2 "Generic" cockpit view.

No, there is 200+ Premium cars.
Quote from Boris Lozac :No, there is 200+ Premium cars.

Yes, 200+ and the rest a 1 or 2 models of a generic cockpit, so, all cars gona have cockpit view.

I dream to have a ps3 and gt5...
Quote from Inouva :Yes, 200+ and the rest a 1 or 2 models of a generic cockpit, so, all cars gona have cockpit view.

I dream to have a ps3 and gt5...

Where did you hear that? As far as i know there won't be any kind of cockpit view for standard cars..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Where did you hear that? As far as i know there won't be any kind of cockpit view for standard cars..

Dont remember , i think was in the GT5 web or the forum.
Last I heard, was confirmation that they no longer will do a generic 'cockpit' view for stand cars, and now the best you will get is bonnet view for the standard cars.
Quote from SAxor :Last I heard, was confirmation that they no longer will do a generic 'cockpit' view for stand cars, and now the best you will get is bonnet view for the standard cars.

having the "Bonnet" view insted of a cockpit view gona kill part of the game for standar cars

but i`m sure there is a marketing behind this "Cockpit view ( Prem cars ) vs bonnet ( non-prem cars )

@edit, found this

Quote from Guffaluff :
I just recieved a reply to my email regarding the Kotaku GT5 article. This is what I wrote (I apologize for some minor brown-nosing :

Hello there .

I've been following your website for quite a while now, and all I can say is thumbs up! .

I just read your E3 article on GT5, and I have one question, if you don't mind .

It's about this segment of the article:

"The developers have created fully modeled interiors for the Premium cars, as well as doing detailed modeling for the car's undercarriage and even the exhaust pipes! The Standard cars apparently won't have the exact interior modeling. For example, an Enzo's interior will look like the real deal, but your typical Mustang's will look like exactly like Mustang's."

Maybe you have noticed, but there has been quite a lot of fuss regarding the recent announcement of Premium and Standard cars in GT5, and if the latter have cockpit view or not. What you write in the above segment indicates that the standard cars do indeed have a cockpit/dashboard view, just not nearly as detailed as the premium cars.

Could you by any chance clarify this? Because according to some other articles, it suggests that the Standard cars don't have any form of cockpit/dashboard view. So do the standard cars have some sort of a cockpit/dashboard view? Also, if you happen to know, are the Standard cars simply upscaled GT4 models, or have the car models been improved so thy don't look out of place in a race with premium cars?

If you have the time and info to answer those questions, I (and probably all of GTplanet.com :P ) would be really thankful .

Best regards

And this is the reply I got:

Quote from GT5 dev tean/polyphony digital :
"What you write in the above segment indicates that the standard cars do indeed have a cockpit/dashboard view, just not nearly as detailed as the premium cars."

That's correct. And that's why I wrote it.

Source :GTplanet and Game Trailers.com
Quote from Inouva :having the "Bonnet" view insted of a cockpit view gona kill part of the game

but i`m sure there is a marketing behind this "Cockpit view ( Prem cars ) vs bonnet ( non-prem cars )

Wait, do you have to pay for premium cars?
Quote from MijnWraak :Wait, do you have to pay for premium cars?

lol, no.

Maybe for future DLC cars..
Quote from MijnWraak :Wait, do you have to pay for premium cars?

No no, premiun cars have full detailed cockpit, wheels rims, exaust pipes and other stuff, the normal cars (Non-prem) gona have a good lvl of detail , but not good as the prem cars

But is all arrenge to the non-prem cars doesnt look so "Bad" at side of the prem cars while on track

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG