The online racing simulator
Quote from theirishnoob :didnt the engine in entusia get used for other konami racing games?

I don't think they did.
Konami has pretty much disowned Enthusia. There is no record of it on their site at all!
Quote from jibber :Funny, just yesterday i said to a friend that GT5 would be awesome if it had physics as good as enthusia.

The bad thing about Enthusia was the laggy steering, but the feel of the power oversteer was so natural and better than anything since IMO. The game got buried by GT4.

Do you remeber seeing these 2 cars going against each other in the standard cars trailer?
I never played Enthusia , shame they removed backwards compatibility from the PS3, I'd have liked to have played it.
Quote from CoolColJ :The bad thing about Enthusia was the laggy steering, but the feel of the power oversteer was so natural and better than anything since IMO. The game got buried by GT4.

IMO, this isn't true (bold part). Played with a G25, there was a huge deadzone in the middle of the steering, but other than that, i can't seem to remember steering lag (and i played it a lot, last time about a year ago). After looking at some GT5 videos recently posted in this thread, i noticed how there still is steering lag. I hate steering lag (Ferrari Challenge and Supercar Challenge have this aswell, same manner as GT5). Enthusia didn't have any (apart from the huge deadzone).

Quote from danowat :I never played Enthusia , shame they removed backwards compatibility from the PS3, I'd have liked to have played it.

With a controller it's quite frustrating (a little bit like LFS). If you can find an uber cheap PS2 on ebay and can be arsed to take the wheel out of the closet, it's still a great game. Dunno about the game itself, might be selling for way too much nowadays.
Sony are missing a trick by not putting games like the GT series, Enthusia and Tourist Trophy on the PSN, my PS3 might actually be turned on for more than just watching MotoGP and F1 on the iplayer then!
Quote from jibber :IMO, this isn't true (bold part). Played with a G25, there was a huge deadzone in the middle of the steering, but other than that, i can't seem to remember steering lag (and i played it a lot, last time about a year ago). After looking at some GT5 videos recently posted in this thread, i noticed how there still is steering lag. I hate steering lag (Ferrari Challenge and Supercar Challenge have this aswell, same manner as GT5). Enthusia didn't have any (apart from the huge deadzone).

Lag probably isn't the right word, but Enthusia has this sluggish feeling, like your steering a boat or something. A bit like NFS Shift
GT always felt a lot more snappy

The visual lag in the GT5 vids might be due to LCD TV or the non 1:1 relationship between the wheel and the animation. ie 900 degrees vs 180-200 or something. It didn't feel laggy to me in the Time Trial, in terms of turning the wheel and feeling the car respond. I don't really pay much attention to the wheel animation.
There was definately no lag in Time Trial demo, with Momo wheel..
Quote from CoolColJ :GT always felt a lot more snappy

Too snappy. Tires are a lot more predictable in real life. But if full GT5 can finally nail the feel of tire behaviour on high slip angles, then it will be a TOTAL killer.
Quote from kamkorPL :Too snappy. Tires are a lot more predictable in real life

Exactly. In real life, road cars on normal tires (anything that isn't slicks) are much more smooth at the limit in comparison to GT5 (prologue, time attack demo).
-
(CoolColJ) DELETED by CoolColJ
By snappy I meant steering responce, but yeah the tyres were snappy in the Time Trial, which is OK for the slicks, but too much for the street tyres
Some people have said the N1-N3 tyres feel more slippery now, cars slide around more, in the recent demos. We'll see.

First drifting in GT5 demo? With a controller though
No skidmarks in this build
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HztwEieQQf0
Quote from CoolColJ :By snappy I meant steering responce, but yeah the tyres were snappy in the Time Trial, which is OK for the slicks, but too much for the street tyres
Some people have said the N1-N3 tyres feel more slippery now, cars slide around more, in the recent demos. We'll see.

First drifting in GT5 demo? With a controller though
No skidmarks in this build
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HztwEieQQf0

Not sure about that, maybe it's the controller but there should be some snap oversteer after those drifts eh? I'm not exactly a drift expert though..
-
(CoolColJ) DELETED by CoolColJ
Quote from Boris Lozac :Not sure about that, maybe it's the controller but there should be some snap oversteer after those drifts eh? I'm not exactly a drift expert though..

Steering is very fast with a control pad, I had no snap in the Time Trial trying to drift, but with a wheel it's the opposite

One thing I'm still hopeful for in GT5 is the steering wheel spinning that you get in Enthusia (and real life) when you let go of the wheel as you come out of a turn to help straighten up. It was sorta there in the Time trial, but felt quite weak. My work van has no power steering and it's quite voilent when it straightens up when I let go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUex2w1lk4E
WAHHHH!
Sony had my Red Bull TGS 2010 trailer removed from my YouTube channel...

Quote :ATTENTION
We have received copyright complaint(s) regarding material you posted, as follows:
◦from Sony Computer Entertainment LLC about Gran Turismo 5 is coming!! Trailer TGS 2010 - CoolColJ24
Video ID: fS9GCcBX8tQ
Please note: Repeat incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos you have uploaded. Please delete any videos for which you do not own the necessary rights, and refrain from uploading infringing videos.
If you are unsure what this means, it is very important that you visit our Copyright Tips guide.
If one of your postings has been misidentified as infringing, you may submit a counter-notification. Information about this process is in our Help Center.
Please note that there may be severe legal consequences for filing a false or bad-faith notice.

sony can go to hell... i learned my mistake by buying a ps2.
Yeah, what a drag, having probably the best game system of all time...
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Yeah, what a drag, having probably the best game system of all time...

the system is fine, it's their business practices i don't agree with.
Quote from bunder9999 :the system is fine, it's their business practices i don't agree with.

I don't get it..
Quote from bunder9999 :the system is fine, it's their business practices i don't agree with.

Which ones?
Sonys decision to remove linux support from the fat PS3 models was a pretty dirty move in my eyes. Screwing the customer over just to cover your own ass isn't a way to gain respect, shame that most of the world didn't care/know about it. Not to mention the rootkit case from some years back.

Most of the big companies are lead by money hungry douchebags, Sony just tends to piss all over their customers more than the others.
It has been mentioned that the PS3 is the only console that has had features removed during its lifespan.....
Quote from Matrixi :Sonys decision to remove linux support from the fat PS3 models was a pretty dirty move in my eyes. Screwing the customer over just to cover your own ass isn't a way to gain respect, shame that most of the world didn't care/know about it. Not to mention the rootkit case from some years back.

Most of the big companies are lead by money hungry douchebags, Sony just tends to piss all over their customers more than the others.

Definately, definately agree on that point.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG