The online racing simulator
Wow, this thread has reached a new low............
Quote from BlueFlame :It doesn't take much pressure on an analogue stick to mean that it moves over by 1 or more icons, and by this point you can already be pressing X, I'm pretty sure 100% of people have done this at least ones, pressed the wrong menu button, on the home screen, or even on a race pause-menu.

From that i gather you don't have speakers then? Theres a noise when you click it and im sure when yoy hit restart theres a message that asks "Are you sure... Yes - No"
Quote from 91mason91 :and im sure when yoy hit restart theres a message that asks "Are you sure... Yes - No"

Your observation skill needed some improvement, Mr.not retard.
Quote from JJ72 :Your observation skill needed some improvement, Mr.not retard.

Tbh i don't think i have hit the restart button. Never had to.
I thought you were joking, obviously not. As the others have said it's easily done, what happened with me is as i pressed paused and answered the text i must have knocked the analog and i pressed X as i was turning back round towards the TV.
Couple of shoped Mclaren pics..
Attached images
f12d.jpg
f14k.jpg
f16i.jpg
Just finished doing some hot laps on Tsukuba in a Ferrari 458 - what a blast. Spanked my Mclaren F1 time with the 458, with Aero add ons and soft sports tyres, everything else stock with ABS, 57+ secs. F1 with with same stuff in the at 59+ secs

Time without ABS is about a seond slower,

The way the engine revs and bangs through the gears is so addictive!
Just wished it looked a bit better....

I thought the engine sounded weird, but when I saw the Evo Youtube videos they sound similar in character
I'm still hesitant to buy the Italia.. they are too digital in the game Ferraris.. drove Scuderia on that Grand Tour and i wasn't enjoying it.. although i love the 458 in rl..
I think it's the best of the Ferraris in the game and the cockpit view is quite good as well. All the others don't handle as well.
The car seems to handle pretty well in real life and is easy to drift
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcuk4rf-Onw
so far all the ferraris I have are pretty good.
About the speed feeling:
Using a 42inches montitor, and aprox. 3-4 meters away from the TV, still wayyyyyyyyyyyyy slow - it's not racing, it's as fast as seeing turtles race.

Other than that it's a great game. The difficoulity is extreme at some sort, and I needed several tries on various races and lisence tests.
That's too far mate.. Have you tried LFS or any other sim from that distance?
But shouldn't the speed feeling beeing better then, far'er away - faster?
Sitting with a 20 inches monitor aprox 1meter away from the screen with 105FOV in LFS, that is propper speed feeling imo
Quote from The Very End :But shouldn't the speed feeling beeing better then, far'er away - faster?

I can't say i understand the logic behind that..

Quote from The Very End :Sitting with a 20 inches monitor aprox 1meter away from the screen with 105FOV in LFS, that is propper speed feeling imo

lol, 105, "i heard you like speed, so we put a crazy FOV in your FOV, so you can go fast while you go fast"..
Quote from Boris Lozac :I can't say i understand the logic behind that..

lol, 105, "i heard you like speed, so we put a crazy FOV in your FOV, so you can go fast while you go fast"..

I use chase veiw in both games, that has something to do with it?
Well, try this:

Go close to the monitor while watching a replay, then move longer and longer away, it looks faster when beeing far away, compared to close to the screen - yes?
Chase view.. n0b alert, end of discussion

I don't know, to be honest i always drove from the computer table on the classic monitors, that's like half a meter away.. it just sounds kinda logical to me that the further away i am the less involved and therefore less speed sensation i'll have..

But again, CHASE VIEW! :bananadea:chairs:
Quote from The Very End :I use chase veiw in both games, that has something to do with it?
Well, try this:

Go close to the monitor while watching a replay, then move longer and longer away, it looks faster when beeing far away, compared to close to the screen - yes?

Perhaps because close up your eyes are happier looking at the small objects in the middle of the screen (in the distance) which aren't "moving very fast", whilst further away your eyes are more drawn to the closer objects on the sides of the screen which are "moving faster". This is why high fov feels faster too, of course.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Chase view.. n0b alert, end of discussion

I don't know, to be honest i always drove from the computer table on the classic monitors, that's like half a meter away.. it just sounds kinda logical to me that the further away i am the less involved and therefore less speed sensation i'll have..

But again, CHASE VIEW! :bananadea:chairs:

LoL! And still I beat you on track, how it feels beeing beat by a n00b like me?

Quote from sinbad :Perhaps because close up your eyes are happier looking at the small objects in the middle of the screen (in the distance) which aren't "moving very fast", whilst further away your eyes are more drawn to the closer objects on the sides of the screen which are "moving faster". This is why high fov feels faster too, of course.

I guess that is right, sounds at least somewhat more logical put then what I could have said
Nah... you would never chase me with your CHASE VIEW!
Quote from Boris Lozac :Nah... you would never chase me with your CHASE VIEW!

(Sorry for going off topic, will head back soon).

Ha! I challenge thy, mighty cock-pit monger, to a battle for glory. Show thy self tomorrow online after 18:00 gmt+1 (in LFS), and I'll stop your mouth!
Haven't played LFS like 2 years now Just don't tell me you use chase view with a steering wheel :scared:
Using 42" lcd and sitting maybe 80cm away from it. Feeling of speed is pretty good. I use the bonnet view though. The shaking of the camera in cockpit is so overdone it is impossible to get any feel of what the car is doing. Especially with that big screen. Do not like the (unrealistic!) benefit the bonnet view gives though...

Haven't seen any LFSsers online yet though. Except atledreier who I saw yesterday. My online nick is hyyperactive so say hi if you see me. I think I will be online for couple of hours now so try to find me
I let my bspec driver do crap for me a lot.
I'd love to try online with LFSers, but so far, connection is laggy as hell. Its not a bandwidth problem since patches download very fast, but joining a race is a lagfest, cars jumping and disappearing, etc.

I'll try again when I get a wired connection to the console instead of this crap wi-fi
Quote from Boris Lozac :Haven't played LFS like 2 years now Just don't tell me you use chase view with a steering wheel :scared:

I do

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG