The online racing simulator
57.6? gees that's fast, I have plenty of 600+ hp cars in my garage, and only recently have I got the Mclaren F1 on Sports medium tyres to just under 1 minute....
Then again he said he golded everything with a pad, in a few days too, that's something I can't boast

BTW I picked up a RUF BTR, looks sik with the wing on the back!
Ahh if only it was a premium....
I now have all the RUFs I think

A bit like this

Quote from BlueFlame :Unrealistic? Yea probably.

The physics certainly exists, but forget about braking distance and early/late apex..........the corner just flashes by!
I really wouldn't believe the evora with stock weight and power can lap tsubuka within 1 min.
Quote from JJ72 :The physics certainly exists, but forget about braking distance and early/late apex..........the corner just flashes by!

How do you get the X1 then?
Quote from JJ72 :I really wouldn't believe the evora with stock weight and power can lap tsubuka within 1 min.

It does have racing soft tyres, i've done every mod apart from anything that will change the weight or power, i wouldn't lie about it, try it yourself :P
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :It does have racing soft tyres, i've done every mod apart from anything that will change the weight or power, i wouldn't lie about it, try it yourself :P

I think he's more saying that the game is unrealistic rather than he doesn't believe you.
Yah i just re-read
Quote from BlueFlame :How do you get the X1 then?

B-spec gets to lvl 30, unlocks the challenge.

I just tried to stay on the island and guess its limit corner by corner lol....I can potentially silver monza and nurb, but suzuka is really kicking my ass.
Love the RUF BTR - need to be premium!
The type C wing is a bit over the top

Type B wing I have installed

Quote from BlueFlame :I think he's more saying that the game is unrealistic rather than he doesn't believe you.

Actually in real life, there are quite a few lower powered cars that do better than I have in the game
For example a 1:02.246 from the stock IS-F with suspension upgrades only. Better than a Mclaren F1
Franky.S -> Frankys.S
Fully tuned cobra on sports tyres was fun around Tskuba 1.00.7
Quote from CoolColJ :Actually in real life, there are quite a few lower powered cars that do better than I have in the game
For example a 1:02.246 from the stock IS-F with suspension upgrades only. Better than a Mclaren F1

"Racing" tyres are insanely grippy too, put those on a road car and it becomes something completely different, something totally dull, too.

Love the BTR wing by the way, it's ridiculous, you can almost see the DIY store nuts and bolts which the rich father's spotty teenage son used to completely f**k up his classic RUF

I'm running into a bit of a credit shortage right now. Too much money wasted modifying silly cars. I have a Triumph Spitfire with everything done to it except suspension and tyres, it's hilarious
How do i get the pictures from GT5 guys?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :How do i get the pictures from GT5 guys?

In the gallery you have an option to export to the XMB, from there you can put them on a USB stick.
Ah ok, i thought there'd be an easier way tbh.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Ah ok, i thought there'd be an easier way tbh.

Kaz says he wants to have multiple copy tools in the Photo album, so hopefully that will be patched in. The XMB has multiple copy though
So how many of you applied for the US GT Academy that starts tommorow? I did with my fake US account, would just like to recieve the free DLC that they promised for all participants.. and i always loved those time-trial challenges, that's why the online leaderboards can't come soon enough!
Quote from Boris Lozac :So how many of you applied for the US GT Academy that starts tommorow? I did with my fake US account, would just like to recieve the free DLC that they promised for all participants.. and i always loved those time-trial challenges, that's why the online leaderboards can't come soon enough!

You have a link to this gt academy sign up?
Has anyone got a car they could lend me for the Grand turismo rally beginner event? Or suggestions for one.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Did you buy it or win it?
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
meh, think i'll leave it for a bit, just starting a-spec cba changing car so doing it in my full tuned 7
Quote from CoolColJ :Sounds to me like the Thermal paste is failing on the GPU.
That's what causes the YLOD on the odler PS3s, bad thermal compound, not enough space, and too much heat,
Best to open it up and apply some better thermal paste while you can now.

GT5 is 1 game in a while that relaly taxes the PS3

How? I don't even know how to open the dammed thing, and If I can still get my warranty why bother.

Strange thing is that the bug only comes on SS7 in the tunnel and at the tollbooth section of the track.
I wonder if anyone discovered this glitch in the race preparation screen, it works for me at least:
1. Do a event (in GT Mode) where you can race the whole championship
2. Win the race (not sure if it still works if you skip or place somewhere else)
3. Go to "next race"
4. There should be some revving as if the race is starting
5. From here you can control your car (somehow) - enjoy wrecking the ai drivers!
Note: The camera may not focus on the start line but if you get vibrations on your controller/wheel it works

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG