The online racing simulator
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Wow, do all the standard cars have that much detail? The cars in the 5825 vid have visible interiors.

Some of those cars are Premium. The MX-5 is premium

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eVpfDXIGB0

Quote from Boris Lozac :That's cool then. Wonder what cars would be able to use Online at first, i'm guessing there will be some standardised series, or cars, that everyone can use at first.
And what are Level limits?

It says cars you can buy at your level.
That's stupid, just give me all the cars and tracks..
Quote from Boris Lozac :That's stupid, just give me all the cars and tracks..

This must be your first Gran Turismo experience
Quote from sinbad :This must be your first Gran Turismo experience

It's not actually, i had GT4 for couple of months I know it's 'campaign' system, but still it's stupid, i'm not 'playing' racing games anymore, i'm driving them
Don't worry GT5 will be different from past GTs, Kaz said he realises gamers don't spend as much as time as they used to on any one single game anymore, so you should be able to get a whole bunch of stuff a lot quicker.

Me I never had more than 50-60 cars in GT4 out of the 700 or so
So it's good they included all of them in GT5
Quote from Boris Lozac :It's not actually, i had GT4 for couple of months I know it's 'campaign' system, but still it's stupid, i'm not 'playing' racing games anymore, i'm driving them

I was being facetious

I know what you mean about the credits system, but imagine the number of complaints there would be if GT didn't have a GT mode!

Hopefully "unlocking" the circuits won't be a long-winded affair, that would annoy me a bit. AI racing can be fun, in small doses, but not when it becomes a 5 lap race, 5 lap race, 5 lap race - unlock 3 more 5 lap races - slog.
Woah Tsukuba!
Yellow MX5 - so I guess that's what you can afford first up
New HUD additions, with tyre temp/wear and damage I guess. At the end when he brakes hard the colour of the front tyres changes to red, so maybe a grip indicator like Enthusia.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-dJP4saO6I
Can't see the video right now, here's the gif Virtual Best Motoring

Premium MX5! My day is made!
Wow.. the physics look incredibad
Never been a fan of GT really, it's basically a more boring NFS. The physics really aren't that much better.
Quote from sinbad :I was being facetious

I know what you mean about the credits system, but imagine the number of complaints there would be if GT didn't have a GT mode!

Hopefully "unlocking" the circuits won't be a long-winded affair, that would annoy me a bit. AI racing can be fun, in small doses, but not when it becomes a 5 lap race, 5 lap race, 5 lap race - unlock 3 more 5 lap races - slog.

Put like that its a bit boring, but ive always played GT for its single player aspect. Technically i never bought GT5P so it'd be harder to play the previous versions for there online aspects, but i've always played GT for offline fun, LFS for online. If LFS had an offline mode which was similar to GT then GT wouldnt be as important to me, likewise if GT was as good as LFS for most things then i wouldnt care so much about LFS. GT satisfies one area, LFS used to do that for the other.

GT4 got boring quick for me when my 2nd or 3rd purchase was an Merc SLR, after that it unlocked the gateway to any car, any competition... money was just a case of doing whatever event.
Older versions needed some slogging to just buy an upgrade which barely made a difference except helped you finish 3rd more frequently than 4th-5th, then you'd move up from sunday cup and a shopping trolly of a car, to something a bit more credable and eventually you'd be able to pick up a cheap racey car like a Lotus. I miss those days of slogging, it meant working hard to get the top cars, rather than taking the easy route of winning a few races and hording the cash to buy a supercar and removing any challenge the game had from it.
I understand different people have different wants, but an easy free-for-all isnt what i'd want personally, and this level thing sounds like that might be what holds me back with the slower cars till ive actually earned the right to drive the supercars. I want to play out a career, not win the lottery buying anything, racing anywhere. Hopefully the game allows people to play it how they want.
yeah i hope it isnt like tdu, where literally when i bought the fastest bike in the game..which was cheap..and learned how to drive it, i could do anything i wanted easily.
I far prefer to just do the licence tests, then go. None of this stupid unlocking after a certain level crap like Forza. I really hope in normal GT mode its all there day 1, fine with licences, good intro to the way the game plays.
Quote from SAxor :I far prefer to just do the licence tests, then go. None of this stupid unlocking after a certain level crap like Forza. I really hope in normal GT mode its all there day 1, fine with licences, good intro to the way the game plays.

Forza has everything unlocked from the go. Every car upgrade and event is unlocked. (Forza 3)
No it doesn't.
go play forza 3 find out for your self.
The guy is doing the intro video now
Track list is from practise mode, usually with GT, not all tracks are unlocked first up. I can't see the full Nurb or Top Gear track for example.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ds-4LEHJp0
Quote from Luke.S :go play forza 3 find out for your self.

Go look up gamertag of "gu3sticle".

(42/50 achievements for those who say I haven't played Forza 3)
Quote from CoolColJ :The guy is doing the intro video now
Track list is from practise mode, usually with GT, not all tracks are unlocked first up. I can't see the full Nurb or Top Gear track for example.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ds-4LEHJp0

FFS, if i have to play Spec B or some sh*t to unlock the Nurb then i will be pi**ed
No, you just need to advance your A-spec level

The menu system seems a bit clunky once more tracks are added, way too much scrolling!

Shown so far, probably about 50% of the tracks IMO

Original:
High Speed Ring
High Speed Ring / Rain
Trail Mountain Circuit
Deep Forest Raceway
Grand Valley Speedway
Eiger Nordwand Short Track
Eiger Nordwand Short Track / Rain
Cape Ring
Autumn Ring
Grand Valley East
Cape Ring North
Cape Ring South
Cape Ring Inside
Cape Ring Periphery
Autumn Ring Mini
High Speed Ring / Reverse
Trail Mountain Circuit / Reverse
Deep Forest Raceway / Reverse
Grand Valley Speedway / Reverse
Grand Valley Easy / Reverse
Eiger Nordwand Short Track / Reverse
Autumn Ring / Reverse
Autumn Ring Mini / Reverse

World Tracks:
Superspeedway Indy
Superspeedway Daytona
Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Autodromo Nazionale Monza / Rain
Tsukuba Circuit
Laguna Seca Raceway
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 / Change Time
Nürburgring GP/F
Fuji Speedway F
Suzuka Circuit
Suzuka Circuit / Rain
Road Course - Indy
Road Course - Daytona
Autdromo Naionale Monza No Chicane
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (No Chicanes)
Circuit de la Sarthe 2005
Circuit de la Sarthe 2005 (No Chicanes)
Nürburgring GP/D
Fuji Speedway GT
Suzuka Circuit East Course

City:
Rome
Special Stage Route 7 / Night
Special Stage Route 7 / Rain / Night
Circuito de Madrid
Circuito de Madrid Mini
Toyko R246
Special Stage Route 5 / Night
Clubman Stage Route 5 / Night
Cote D'Azur
London
London / Reverse
Rome / Reverse
Circuito de Madrid / Reverse
Circuito de Madrid Mini / Reverse
Tokyo R246 / Reverse
Special Stage Route 5 / Reverse / Night
Clubman Stage Route 5 / Reverse / Night

Snow and Dirt:
Toscana / Change Time
Chamonix Main
Chamonix Main / Snow
Eiger Nordwand K Trail
Chamonix East
Chamonix East / Snow
Chamonix West
Chamonix West / Snow
Chamonix Mini
Chamonix Mini / Snow
Eiger Nordwand G Trail
Eiger Nordwand W Trail
Toscana / Reverse / Change Time
Eiger Nordwand K Trail / Reverse
Eiger Nordwand G Trail / Reverse
Eiger Nordwand W Trail / Reverse
Quote from CoolColJ :No, you just need to advance your A-spec level

Is that advancable through licences and Online races perhaps... just to avoid those AI races..
Quote from dawesdust_12 :No it doesn't.

it does? you can play any race/use any car/do any mods as long as you pay in game credits to own the car.
This guy is uploading more vids

Better view of the new HUD, there are notches in the tyres/grip/temp cluster on the left side.

And head tracking with PSeye, plus high beam symbol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo3fu3paq3A

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG