The online racing simulator
Epic - there is also a Ferrari F10 in the intro as well...
Quote from Boris Lozac :Here it is gents.. semi official.

http://n4g.com/news/642741/the ... te-for-gran-turismo-5/com

Here it is gents... 3 release dates, not one of them making any sense, not one of them even remotely accurate is my guess

They've listed 4 sets of dates in that story:

Quote :In the U.S. it plans to sell 27 November 2010, presumably for Black Friday, or pre-Christmas purchases. While in Italy have received official confirmation from the chains Rush Game and Gamestop that the sale of Gran Turismo 5 is scheduled for November 30, 2010. Ladies and gentleman, start your engine!

Black Friday is the 26th, so its hardly for Black Friday is it. Its AFTER black friday. Oh well, whatever.
Italy on the 30th though, thats also weird, given that Europe release on Wedesdays.

Quote :Update Still a rumor, however IGN UK are also declaring the release date of GT5
- Nov. 26 in EU (included Italy)
- Nov. 27 in US
- Nov. 30 in UK

So EU ('included Italy'!?) is the 26th now, a Friday... normally they release on Wednesdays as already pointed out.
US on Saturday.... what nonsense (usually Tuesdays)
UK on Tuesday (normally Friday)

4 different dates for 1 rumour, the only matching date confirming US for a Saturday release!

However IGN UK unsatisfied with apparently stating those 3 dates have also triple tweeted the following (http://twitter.com/IGN_UK in readable order, not most recent first)
Quote :# Yes we can confirm the Gran Turismo 5 release date is officially Nov 27! We've been assured no more delays! #GT5

# Major Typo on my behalf guys! GT5 is 26th NOT 27th!! Bloody iPad touch screen! #GT5 about 3 hours ago via Twitter for iPad

# #GT5 to be released on Nov 26 (EU) 27 (US) - We've been told this WONT be delayed again. about 3 hours ago via Twitter for iPad

# @gazo69 still Saturday. Don't ask why, maybe they want it to be close to the EU release date. about 3 hours ago via Twitter for iPad in reply to gazo69

So which is it IGN UK?? Friday, Saturday, Tuesday??? They've stated 3 dates, one which is it right now? Thursday?
Quote from Matrixi :I agree.. it's horrible. My Chemical Emo for a Gran Turismo intro, what the hell were they (whoever picked the song) thinking?

Atleast the fans know how to do it properly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8WDpwuJmHY

Wouldn't be a shocker if you couldn't jump past the intro and have listen to it every time you put the game in.
-
(CoolColJ) DELETED by CoolColJ
Quote from sil3ntwar :where?

around the 6 min mark in the intro video linked above
I think the intro video was originally done to a different song for the Japanese version, but EU and NA Sony like to fiddle and change it for other markets... it just doesn't seem to sync well with the song... The Japanese version has always used some variant of the Moon over the Castle theme. A vocal track just doesn't seem to work.

BMW Z4 racing on Cape Ring Periphery - looks like a nice flowing track
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DsJXYBhf8Y
Quote from CoolColJ :around the 6 min mark in the intro video linked above

I thought you were saying it was in the GIF you posted
WTFF
Intro song sucks awfully
What on earth are they thinking?
Edit: Hope it's fake but I doubt it
OMFG I did just see a F10 :faint2:
Quote from speed1230 :WTFF
Intro song sucks awfully
What on earth are they thinking?
Edit: Hope it's fake but I doubt it

Japan is big into the whole androgynous pop music so it's not a huge surprise.
Ah screw it :doh:
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Yeah, all of the varieties of skyline GT-Rs are in GT5 :rolleyes:
I'm glad they are.
Likewise, GT-R is an awesome car, why not have all the versions.. Spec-V, drools..
I just really hope that ultimately, after however much unlocking and whatnot, you can choose any time of day, and any weather, on any track.

This High Speed Ring - High Speed Ring (rain) stuff is a bit troubling.
Arrrgh, upload that Zonda to DaillyMotion, i cant' see it, aaaaa!
I have reached the point where I've started to ignore any new leaked videos, even though it's quite tempting to watch them. Slightly worried that there won't be as much of a "wow" factor with the game itself if I watch all the car and track lists now.. presuming Sony actually releases the damn game some day.
awww no ferrari 288 gto
Quote from brt900 :awww no ferrari 288 gto

Tbh some of the dealerships he showed had nothing. There were like, 6 BMW's? Does stuff like the E30 BMWs only show up in 2nd hand dealers now? Pretty pissed if all the decent cars end up as DLC
Quote from sinbad :I just really hope that ultimately, after however much unlocking and whatnot, you can choose any time of day, and any weather, on any track.

This High Speed Ring - High Speed Ring (rain) stuff is a bit troubling.

I imagine it will be like GT4, Track - Dry, Track - Rain (or wet in the case of GT4)
Honda CRZ in the rain of Eiger - might be the Spoon CRZ. It's definitely tuned, saw some exhaust flame outs and bangs at 1:28
Haven't heard any bad sounding cars yet, PD have improved the sounds dramaticly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJfHw9qmmko
Quote from Matrixi :I have reached the point where I've started to ignore any new leaked videos, even though it's quite tempting to watch them. Slightly worried that there won't be as much of a "wow" factor with the game itself if I watch all the car and track lists now.. presuming Sony actually releases the damn game some day.

I promise you, you're not the only one who's trying not to watch the videos. I want myself to be surprised, so I'm saving all the glory till I actually get the game.
Damn, looks soooo real the replays, for a moment though was real,

The rain effect in both videos are stunning, no other game ( Pc or console ) Have such beautiful rain effect on the windshield+outside camera, hope we can see some night+rain race

I dont know if GT5 gona be a "real Simulator" (In term of physics ), but damn if i have the money i buy the ps3 and gt5
Quote from Luke.S :Forza has everything unlocked from the go. Every car upgrade and event is unlocked. (Forza 3)

nope. Events need to have certain level to be eligible to entry.

Get your facts straight.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG