The online racing simulator
looks pretty damn good, if i had a ps3 i would pick this up for sure!
Go pick up a PS3, they're only 300$.
No tyre deformation
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Go pick up a PS3, they're only 300$.

don't have 300$.
you send me 300$ and i would happily go buy one.
Quote from TiJay :No tyre deformation

Is that even important?
Sure, a little eyecandy, but nothing important if you ask me
Quote from TiJay :No tyre deformation

Let's wait for the full version. There will be tyre wear and tear, etc.. and probably a tyre deformation.
If its got tyre deformation, then it wont have a fully simulated engine with moving pistons etc
If it has a working engine, then it'll be seats which dont fully recline back
If it has seats which fully recline back, then it wont have a fluffy dice on the RV mirror...

If people want a moan they'll find something to moan about, its just that they're running out of things to moan about which says a lot about where GT5 is heading.
Quote from Boris Lozac :And some more new shots.. (btw, wtf with this track already?! )

Wow... I'm amazed that PD got a chance to really examine a not-yet-in-production SLS to gather all the necessary data, specifications, sound sampling, a bit of skid pad testing maybe, you know... to make the one in game as realistic as possible.

Sense where I'm going here....?
Quote from Mattesa : Sense where I'm going here....?

Yeah I do and you're going to start a debacle in this thread. I still am waiting on game-play screenshots. I'm growing tired of all these ultra rendered photomode screen caps...
It's ok. PD are awesome so they have driven every car known to man for years. They have a huge garage there.

Forza guys just drive Civics.
Quote from Mattesa :Wow... I'm amazed that PD got a chance to really examine a not-yet-in-production SLS to gather all the necessary data, specifications, sound sampling, a bit of skid pad testing maybe, you know... to make the one in game as realistic as possible.

The game is not out until march, you think maybe they'll work on it's physics till then, and all that? They've driven it on the Nurburgring, they have the data, probably all the companies data etc..

Quote from Homeless_Drunk :Yeah I do and you're going to start a debacle in this thread. I still am waiting on game-play screenshots. I'm growing tired of all these ultra rendered photomode screen caps...

Well there are 60fps gameplay videos on Gamersyde, check them out, it looks pretty much like this, in sense of lighting and reflection on the cars, models etc..
You know PD made a lot of hype for GT4. Oil spills, car damage (now being implemented after how many years?), realistic physics (that includes momentum of the chassis), etc. I am sure I could make a whole list. I am just waiting to see if they will deliver this time.
Having faith in PD delivering what they promise is like believing in santa clause.
boo-bloody-hoo, moaning about things with no sense of irony in the fact that the moaning is being done in the LFS forum, where plenty of aspects of the sim are far from accurate. If you dont like GT, then go to Forza, go to GTR, go wherever the hell you like, but why keep coming here and having a whine about anything you can think of. Its got nothing to do with expecting GT5 to be the next greatest thing, its people who like the series discussing it, and instead it turns into people wanting to hate on it because they've nowt better to be doing.
Im fairly sure around 75% of the posters in this thread have absolutely no interest in GT5, they just come in to have a look and a whine for the sake of it. Its getting rather tiresome listening to the same people creating with new things to moan about.

Leg - PD have never said they'd do damage and then not, they've always come up with an excuse not to do it, legit or not its hard to know, its always been gossip, just as it is with any other highly anticapate game. Im guessing your list will be no more accurate than the one you've started there, gossip and rumour, from whiney people when it turns out all it was was gossip and rumour.
There may have been a couple of things which were hoped for but werent possible, like online in GT4, but people like you would have moaned if it sucked, and it was never something they said would be in the final game, and sometimes that happens in the development process.
But if you can list something that they've said WOULD be in the game, as a cast iron guarantee, which wasnt, i'd be very suprised. Im sure i could match your GT missing (unofficial) features with the same for those of LFS, such as MRT6 & LX8, these things happen so deal with it and move on.

I know GT5 wont be perfect, but save the moaning about whats missing and how crap a game is thats still 5 months away from release somewhere else please.
Quote from PaulC2K :
Im fairly sure around 75% of the posters in this thread have absolutely no interest in GT5, they just come in to have a look and a whine for the sake of it. Its getting rather tiresome listening to the same people creating with new things to moan about.

Bit like Boris in the FM3 thread then?
Well for the first time yesterday I spent a decent amount of time playing GT5P on my G25, and it makes me really hope things change for GT5. As mentioned, the feeling of weight transfer is completely lacking. There is no sensation of the car settling on its suspension in a turn, you just turn and it turns and you straighten and it stops turning. Turn from one direction to the other quickly and you can induce oversteer, but there is none of the sensation of the weight transfer occurring, it's just like it happens because that's what's "supposed" to happen. Another big gripe is turning into high speed corners, if you lift off the throttle to get the car to rotate, it does rotate, but at the same time it goes wider... Oversteering should tighten the line, but what seems to happen (in a couple of the cars I've tried at least) is the back end comes out, but the front end also loses grip and you slide sideways to the outside of the track. And this is going at a speed where not lifting the throttle would have kept you on the track, but you're lifting the throttle to tighten your line. Instead the opposite happens....

In some ways it feels worse than GT4 to me, it's just not playable because the most basic inputs don't always result in correct outputs. I really hope it's significantly improved for GT5. I have a PS3 and I'm not gonna spend the money on an Xbox just to play Forza 3, so GT had better get it together :P
Quote from PaulC2K :..snip..

Firstly, the title of the thread is Gran Turismo 5, it is simply a thread about GT5. It is not titled:

"GT5 is the best game ever to come into existence, and if you don't have anything good to say then don't post at all."

Also "its my party and I'll cry if I want to"

By not buying the game, and informing other people why they should do the same will help PD progress in the GT series by showing them they are doing something wrong. It tells them they have to change their product. If you keep buying crap, they'll keep selling you crap. I have always wanted GT to be the best game out there ever since I first started playing GT2, and, because of their budget, I still do. But if they keep passing crap as a real driving simulator, I wont have any of it. However, I still want them to make a real driving simulator as the title implies. Until then, I'll keep playing my GTR, Forza, or what ever the hell I like.

Gran Turismo's marketing is based off of deep vagueness as they can deny anything that can't be proven as a "cast iron guarantee." This is why the LFS devs try to be incognito about future development plans. Otherwise you get people like me that are thoroughly disappointed with the focus of development.

I know they never said they would have oil leaks in the game, however it was implied, which is a form of false advertisement. It just can not be prosecuted, but to continue, oil leaks implies damage. I hope everyone can remember this commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... LzLsE&feature=related

An aired commercial is not quite gossip.

I only give criticism where criticism is due. I have learned to receive it as well. If it is tiresome to read opinions you don't like then don't read them. Continue buying PD's crap.

I agree LFS has its faults, however the intentions of the LFS devs is way more apparent, than the intentions of PD, that they are not just trying to sell you crap. They seem to strive and make an affordable racing simulator, for all intents and purposes.
Quote from jibber :Having faith in PD delivering what they promise is like believing in santa clause.

Well ****, I believe in Santa and every year I wake up with presents under the tree. So why the **** would I stop?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Well ****, I believe in Santa and every year I wake up with presents under the tree. So why the **** would I stop?

Because sometimes the presents are socks and sweaters rather than gadgets and games.
... What kind of trees do you go visit?!

It's all lies

Are there btw a confirmed car and track list of GT5 now?
Quote from The Very End :It's all lies

Well, we all want it to be good.... The best we can do is cross our fingers and hope they've at least got it somewhat right for GT5
Quote from The Very End :

Are there btw a confirmed car and track list of GT5 now?

Nope, still nothing.. God i just wish that Porsche rumor was true, i need my GT3 RS!
Quote from Mattesa :Wow... I'm amazed that PD got a chance to really examine a not-yet-in-production SLS to gather all the necessary data, specifications, sound sampling, a bit of skid pad testing maybe, you know... to make the one in game as realistic as possible.

Yes, that had!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... wHPMA&feature=popular

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG