The online racing simulator
Done a Sunday Cup race in my MX-5, which I won easily. The car powerslides a bit too easily, and (with a dualshock) the steering lock doesn't disappear quickly enough to avoid over-correcting, with all aids off (except ABS, which I left on level 1), so I sometimes career off into the outside wall despite having been sliding round the apex.

Did an arcade race in an F40 at Suzuka in the wet - was fun. The over-correction thing still applied, but maybe the aids were back on; need to check that.

Then did the first 5 tests of the National B licence (all golds, although two needed a few goes as I was trying to be clever).

Have unlocked karts and NASCAR to some degree, but not had a go at them.

Graphics are okay. The handling is very much the same as GT3, but that's an early impression.

Needs more playing. Will have a go after I've been to a talk/lecture by Mike Costin (whom everyone here will know of ).

Maybe online - can I use all cars online, or just the ones I own, or just the ones available in arcade???
Quote from Inouva :If someon have a kind hearth can post a race with the cobra 427? with cockpit cam?

Whould be multiple orgamsn for me

I'll put up a video of my Chromeline Shelby Cobra when I get my CE, hopefully today, it was posted 2 days ago from New Zealand....
For now here is a slow motion snippet from Taxigamer's live feed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGmutXuzNJY

I have a pretty good capture card, so the quality will be far better than most
My Ferrari captures from Prologue, which doesn't have physics like GT5 off course, but graphics should look about the same minus some new stuff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sAWnPwqShw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUGf1zKgsmI

Can't wait to try my Stealth F1
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
I find everything except RWD cars understeer like mad......
Is the first impression good? I might be buying this game for christmas if its really worth it.

Also, what wheels work with the PS3?
Quote from EliteAti :Is the first impression good? I might be buying this game for christmas if its really worth it.

Also, what wheels work with the PS3?

Physics are getting a lot of praises, if that's what interests you.. still have to check it myself but considering i was very satisfied with Academy demo, i don't see myself dissapointed..
As for the wheels, pretty much all of them, but only on some of them you can't assign all the buttons and stuff.. like Momo.
-
@ deadwofls

Apparently.. anyway, i'll trust myself for that.
I LOL'ed quite hard at the VW Bus on the Top Gear Test Track

Finding the handling same as GT PS2 version But I have only scratched the surface of the game so far.
i jus done int c licence and the car u gotta use on rome city is fkn oversteery le fuk :P
-
I think the physics is good, not mindblowing but very good
I got shafted on my CE, got standard plus a voucher and apology card instead, WTF. Anyway

I decided not to install and it is surprisingly not as slow as I thought it would be and the install while playing bit works very well aswell, really hope this system becomes the norm for PS3. Haven't tried with wheel yet since no where to mount it but feels decent with DS3.

Biggest let down by a long way is the AI pace, even with a controller and me driving very badly they are a walkover through the corners(hope its level affected). I really detest having to go through so much in B-Spec aswell just to train drivers for later A-Spec stuff, bit of a chore. (Is there another way?)

Level system is not a hindrance at all imo, just do N-B, then whatever special events you can and you will rank up really quick with lots of cash too.

Not too sure what I think of the lack of Brake mods. Tuning in general is very simplified, not that I mind since I mostly prefer standard cars, physic maybe more reliable.

Anyone know about the whole changeable weather thing?, is that also level unlocked or will it only happen in endurance races. I did notice it sometimes rains in the GT Rally.

BSpec feels abit 'micro-managy', I hope when putting them on for a stint they don't need to be told to get a move on or hold their pace, since I've been having him really really slow down 1 lap after telling him to hold his pace, seems to be abit forgetful :P .

All in all, for now its a really fun thing and looks great too.
-
Has anyone tried a G27 with this? What does and what doesn't work?
Have spent a lot of time in the special events, and these are really good, it actually adds something a bit special and different into the series.

Grand tour one is really nicely done, I really liked the cinematics between stages, where the driver changed vehicles, and also like
Spoiler - click to revealthe way you unlocked photo travel stages
, the rally events are good to, I like the way the stages are automatically generated, and always different.

All in all, that is the sort of stuff that should be in GT5, the rest of it, A spec races, and most of the cars just feel like you are playing GT4 with a slight graphically overhaul.
liking online so far, I think the big plus is you can pit/spectate whenever you like, very much like LFS.
Quote from JJ72 :liking online so far, I think the big plus is you can pit/spectate whenever you like, very much like LFS.

How do pits work? Can you leave them/enter by your own or are you driven automatically?
never tried that, btw there is no quali mode, I wonder why.

btw how do you export photos taken in game to the PC?
Quote from JJ72 :never tried that, btw there is no quali mode, I wonder why.

Yes, that's a pitty.. but i see that the race grid can be set up by the best times from the free session, so that's something..
Quote from Boris Lozac :How do pits work? Can you leave them/enter by your own or are you driven automatically?

All automatic, pelt it into the pits and game takes over.
Quote from JJ72 :

Save the photos, then go find them in the menu and then photos, then click on the photos and click export to XMB, then you can transfer the files onto a memory stick
I kept getting an error when trying to export to XMB
Quote from danowat :I kept getting an error when trying to export to XMB

What does it say, also sounds stupid but you need 500mb to do that, so do you have enough space?
Quote from CoolColJ :

Can't wait to try my Stealth F1

standart F1 with some aftermarket wing at the back :thumbsdow "Gordon Murray would probably not approve of that vehicle's aero-balance."(c)Peloton25

they also got standart F1(premium) and 97 spec longtail GTR (standart)

they needed to put 95 spec short tale GTR #01R (actual 1995 Le Mans winner) as stealth car
Quote from JJ72 :liking online so far, I think the big plus is you can pit/spectate whenever you like, very much like LFS.

Seems like they got rid of the Performance points rating system from Prologue

I hope they add it back so you can set set power limits for races.
And add other limits like drive train type etc

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG