The online racing simulator
Oil changes allowed by the way.... post above is edited accordingly.
Meh... here it is again:

Quote from jibber :

Ok, so what about this:

Tsukuba battle in Best Motoring style.

Cars allowed: RX-7, Porsche Boxster (RUF 3400s), 350Z, MR2, NSX, BMW Z4, BMW M3, Integra, Civic, MX-5, S2000, 300ZX, Silvia, etc. Along those lines...

Tuning allowed: None (except for oil changes), cosmetical stuff is ok (color, wheels, etc).

Tires: Comfort soft.

Lobby name: LFS friendly battle
kk. I shall find my self something interesting to drive. My tuned MX5 can wipe the floor with a lot of super cars soo... I will look for something interesting. Prepare to be amazed by my awsome (shit) driving
Quote from Luke.S :kk. I shall find my self something interesting to drive. My tuned MX5 can wipe the floor with a lot of super cars soo... I will look for something interesting. Prepare to be amazed by my awsome (shit) driving

Read two posts above, no tuning.

I have trouble with my connection it seems. Lost connection to the lobby and can't find it anymore... will keep trying.
Restart the game. I know if I idle for too long, the game forgets that it can connect to servers.

Definitely need a manual reconnect ability.
If I didn't have to drive all the friggin way to Gatwick tonight, I'd be on
is the lobby down? I can't find it either. I just made up an s15. Only things done are aero parts the heigh adjust suspension so I can slam it and a 1337 carbon hood.
Anyone wanna do a different lobby of bring any car except race cars?

500 bhp max
I don't have any street cars that can do near 500bhp, although my 370z might with a turbo, or my Chromeline M3
M3 has about 430hp, but weighs 1600+kg

What about minimum weight?

I wish they had the PP system and quicktune from Prologue for online, makes it so much easier to dial in any car to specific regulations
my tommy mak special ediot evo has 481 hp and is 1100ish kg...

0-60 in hoooooooooooooly shi-

schwitz:
The lobby was full after some time. We'll find a different way with private lobbies/friend list (there should be a password option, would make it a lot easier). About half of the people in the lobby were just random people.

Also, we should probably plan things a little better regarding car restrictions. I'm looking at you mason, a race modified elise is not exactly a stock car... it was lots of fun tho!

All in all i'm very pleased with the GT5 online experience. I got disconnected a few times, but that was because of my bad connection i guess. I'm surprised how good online racing can be with GT5, there's a lot of potential. Physics and netcode allow for very close and precise driving/racing.

It was great fun and i think everybody who joined from here was driving very clean. In every race there was at least one other dude i hade a close battle with. It's been a while since i've had this much fun with a racing sim.

Let's do this again from time to time!

Quote from Luke.S :is the lobby down? I can't find it either. I just made up an s15. Only things done are aero parts the heigh adjust suspension so I can slam it and a 1337 carbon hood.

What exactly do you not understand about the word "stock"?
So was it 16 people at any time? I played with 4, 5 friends, and the experience was like i was playing against AI..
It was 10 people max. We limited it because we had no idea what the connection from my friend could handle. He's not a very experienced driver with computer sims (does trackdays in his mx-5 but basically just started with G25 and racing sims), so he was driving in the field far behind me. He said there were some rough drivers sometimes.

For me it was a little different. It seems i always got in front with the few people who joined from this forum (naturally ). So it was 100% clean racing for me.

PS: There was one moment on the nürburgring which was really weird/funny. When the race started, two or three cars were facing very wrong directions, standing in weird places. One car was all the way on the left side of the track, another one looked 45 degrees to the left (he had to actually start driving with making a turn, lol... i think it was mason ). Good times! Haha!
So there was no lag except that wierd start? I experienced no lag whatsoever..
I've seen very minor lag once or twice when a car in front almost lost control (violent change in traction with too late corrections). All in all it's great. I was drifting with my friend for a few laps and was following him... everything was looking smooth (it really looks great because car movements look pretty real from the outside in GT5), no complaints whatsoever.
Quote from jibber :
PS: There was one moment on the nürburgring which was really weird/funny. When the race started, two or three cars were facing very wrong directions, standing in weird places. One car was all the way on the left side of the track, another one looked 45 degrees to the left (he had to actually start driving with making a turn, lol... i think it was mason ). Good times! Haha!

I was in the car that was al the way on the left side as soon as it appeared on my screen I was like WTF

I had to almost do a hairpin turn right after I started to get on track trough the grass hehe.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I was in the car that was al the way on the left side as soon as it appeared on my screen I was like WTF

You kept a nice pace behind me in that race.
Quote from jibber :You kept a nice pace behind me in that race.

I geus im quite good at the ring then could have being closer if it weren't for s spanish driver, who was as stated a pretty rough racer.
I guess i was lucky to always get away.

That RX-7 is amazing to drive by the way, isn't it?!
Quote from jibber :I guess i was lucky to always get away.

Yeah with the comfort soft's it is truly fabulous.
Which version is that, there's quite a few RX7's and i've heard not all of them are great..
Has anyone noticed the wet weather actually has a dry line with more grip? It's hard to see, but it definitely has a higher grip level.
Quote from jibber :I guess i was lucky to always get away.

Other then the fact it handles like a pregnant yak.
Quote from jibber :The lobby was full after some time. We'll find a different way with private lobbies/friend list (there should be a password option, would make it a lot easier). About half of the people in the lobby were just random people.

Also, we should probably plan things a little better regarding car restrictions. I'm looking at you mason, a race modified elise is not exactly a stock car... it was lots of fun tho!

All in all i'm very pleased with the GT5 online experience. I got disconnected a few times, but that was because of my bad connection i guess. I'm surprised how good online racing can be with GT5, there's a lot of potential. Physics and netcode allow for very close and precise driving/racing.

It was great fun and i think everybody who joined from here was driving very clean. In every race there was at least one other dude i hade a close battle with. It's been a while since i've had this much fun with a racing sim.

Let's do this again from time to time!

What exactly do you not understand about the word "stock"?

The only way to do a private run is someone hosts a race in their lounge.
If that person is on your PSn friends list, you just click on community and scroll to the person hosting it, next to his profile icon will be a Yellow icon, click on it and you will head to his Lounge/race.

If the person is not on your friends list, but you have someone else on your list in his lounge, they will also have that yellow icon, just click on it, and you will go there

Eventually you will be able to use custom tracks here as well, but it's no enabled right now.
How smooth the cars look online depends on the Race Quality setting the hoster is using. The other display next to host name is the latency I think.

Practise runs before the race appears to work as qualify as timing information is shown when you click the Timing button as a spectator.
You can also save online race replays, it's somewhere in lobby area when the race finishes. Doesn't record practise runs though

----

If anyone hasn't seen it, here is that demo of a 24 Hour Le Mans race in GT5 with dynamic time of day and lighting. It's so smooth and gradual you don't even notice the transitions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzWPNshceyY

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG