The online racing simulator
Gran Turismo 5
(7862 posts, started )
Wussies! with 350hp and 1100 kg you can race there... doesnt really requiere much skill.
Quote from danowat :Achievement unlocked - Tristan agreed with something you said.

ROFL! This had me giggling.

If the snow subsides I'm off to GAME to get a trade in quote for my 360 + games. Could someone who's driving with G25/27 message me!
It's pretty amazing i should say, with a g25 it's really good. 190hp MX-5 i love it.
Quote from atledreier :Setting up a race tonight.

7 laps at the Norsdcheife.

350hp tops, 1100kg min, up to sport soft rubber.
No aids.

Start 21:00CET, that's 8 hours from now

Room will be 'Dawn at the Ring'.

If you change it to any car you have then I'm in

Also does anyone know if you can run the ring with lots of AI, like the AMG Driving school where there are loads of cars on the track with you?
These games just don't work well online unless your servers/rooms are very restrictive (how crap would LFS be if every server were "any car"). I tried to set up a room in GT5 with a one-make cup type thing, but I couldn't limit car choice any further than bhp. Bah.

Am I missing an option?
Quote from G!NhO :It's pretty amazing i should say, with a g25 it's really good. 190hp MX-5 i love it.

I really is. Its even better if you give the car more horsepower and leave the rest stock. The good physics become more evident that way.

Ask my mazda RX7 with ~330hp. Beautiful around nordschleife with mild drifts leaving the corners. It was a big surprise to see the following replays, that in some of those small drifts only one wheel was losing grip (and smoking) while the other ones were not.

This game really tries to be as simulator.
Could we not put all of the LFS user's PSN names somewhere in a list? Would make things easier.

Camtoo is my PSN which I have already put up previously but was lost very quickly with the increase rate of posts in this thread once more people started to get the game.
There is a list of PSN and xbox tags on the forum somewhere......

From twitter

Quote :メカニカル・ダメージのオプションは次のアップデートで。おそらく12月上旬あたり。 RT @y_mokko: @Kaz_Yamauchi RT @damekuma: オプションでダメージ表現を変更できた方がレベルに縛られないし良いと思 う。

Mechanical damage options in the next update. Probably around early December. RT @ y_mokko: @ Kaz_Yamauchi RT @ damekuma: I think Ishi Makoto was not bound to change the expression level of damage in those options.
Quote from atledreier :Setting up a race tonight.

7 laps at the Norsdcheife.

350hp tops, 1100kg min, up to sport soft rubber.
No aids.

Start 21:00CET, that's 8 hours from now

Room will be 'Dawn at the Ring'.

i'm in
(berettaml)
Is there? Sorry I must have missed that. Just find it a pain having to trawl back through previous pages looking for LFSers to race with on GT5 :sadbanana

Edit: Bloody hell this thread is popular!
Is it possible to look at your friends other friends on PSN (as on XBL)?, that might be a better way to do it.
Well I'm in too, will make up a car for this race. That's 8pm GMT right?

My PSN is lukepett93 if anyone wants to add me

Also does anyone have trouble connecting online? I get into the GT Life menu and set up the background/colour etc. and the game sits there forever until I quit it?
Quote from jibber :I don't feel like premium cars have better physics. In my opinion it's a bit like forza... the slower cars feel much better in general.

Agree with that, actually I will put it this way, the more low profile a car is, the more likely it will handle naturally. I think they had tinkered with some popular cars (S2000, elise etc) to exaggerate how most people would imagine their handling to be.
SO how does it work for online play, can i use the cars i have offline???
Quote from danowat :There is a list of PSN and xbox tags on the forum somewhere......

From twitter

Mechanical damage options in the next update. Probably around early December. RT @ y_mokko: @ Kaz_Yamauchi RT @ damekuma: I think Ishi Makoto was not bound to change the expression level of damage in those options.

Is last sentence a translation or you wrote it?
Quote from JJ72 :Agree with that, actually I will put it this way, the more low profile a car is, the more likely it will handle naturally. I think they had tinkered with some popular cars (S2000, elise etc) to exaggerate how most people would imagine their handling to be.

I think the S2000 is pretty good. It has too much of a tendency to get sideways, but the real car is like that aswell if you push it hard (the game has it right, just way too exaggerated).

I've never driven a high horsepower car on racing slicks, so i can't really comment on those. However, i've been passenger in quite powerful cars on semi-slicks on trackdays. I feel like it's the same in real life... the more sticky tires a car has, the more boring it becomes to drive. That's the reason i've never bothered with semi-slicks for my S2000... i just have a feeling it is much more fun with road tires. So in this regard, maybe GT5 isn't too far off from reality.

@Ginho
You can use them, but you have to favourite them first in your garage (online you can only choose from cars that are your favourites).
Quote from G!NhO :SO how does it work for online play, can i use the cars i have offline???

add them to your favorite list and you can use them.
Thank you very much.
Quote from JJ72 :add them to your favorite list and you can use them.

You have already been ninja'd by jibber by 5 mins
I have my 3400s set to online mode if anyon wants to take it for a spin. it doesnt have many miles on it so all I've done is change the oil. I don't think I can share more than 1 car at a time. unless i actually give the car to someone.
Anyone wanting a truck? I have a Tacoma X that I can gift away.
JJ, I'll take it! I need one!
Quote from JJ72 :What a joke you can't send replay or even a ghost file? Does PD think typical GT users have no friends?

I think you can copy the replay files onto a USB device and transfer them to PC/net etc from the XMB
Maybe with the PS3's browser as well.

I need to check if the course maker tracks also show in the XMB.
Replays and tracks seem to be stored with the main game files, rather than your save file.
The rubberband AI in Like The Wind and All Stars events is pretty funny. I can fly past most of the grid right in the start with my 1000hp Minolta race car, but after half a lap they are consistently following me a second or two behind, even though they lack 200hp and the soft race slicks that I have.

Same rubberband effect with nascar races too it seems, thank god there was only one championship with them. The very last nascar challenge was a PITA too, managed to gold it by 0.008 seconds.

Gran Turismo 5
(7862 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG