The online racing simulator
Quote from danowat :Damage unlocked was debunked yesterday, Sony stated that the damage (visual) is indentical no matter what level you are at.

So in order to get the same damage that was shown in that video of the rally car, i'll have to smash my car into walls at 200mph for about five hours?

If that's really true, then damage sucks big time in this game.
Quote from jibber :So in order to get the same damage that was shown in that video of the rally car, i'll have to smash my car into walls at 200mph for about five hours?

If that's really true, then damage sucks big time in this game.

What they did say was........

Damage is the same for EVERY level, however.....

Standard cars, some minor deformation

Premium road cars, higher level of damage

Premium race cars, highest level of damage

So the best damage will only appear on premium race cars
What I want is full damage when ever I want it not whenever they think I'm ready for it.
Could anyone pop me a quattro as well please if they see one? I fell in love after seeing it in ashes to ashes.
Barely managed a clean lap on the Ring with LFA.. tried to drive it 'like i was there' 7:54
The awesome sound is tricking me that i go faster then i really am..

Golded every Super Licence test bar the one at Suzuka

The final one is mint!
Quote from Boris Lozac :Barely managed a clean lap on the Ring with LFA.. tried to drive it 'like i was there' 7:54
The awesome sound is tricking me that i go faster then i really am..

Whats with the shitty wheels?
Quote from BlueFlame :Whats with the shitty wheels?

They looked much better in that wheel shop, it's pretty dellusional, they look totally different in the game and on the sunlight.. might change them.
Quote from Boris Lozac :They looked much better in that wheel shop, it's pretty dellusional, they look totally different in the game and on the sunlight.. might change them.

Yea they look too chromey.
How is everyone doing stats wise?

These are mine

A-Spec level - 16
Game Progress - 32%
Total Wins - 25
Trophies Earned - 16%
Current Credits - 143,714
No. of Cars Owned - 12
Total Distance Driven - 725.5 Miles
Licences: Super
44 x Gold
13 x Silver
3 x Bronze

E: Didn't notice you can view your friends stats too! That's pretty neat
I have driven more than I thought I would. Still have a lot to go. I'm liking the Japan GT series though. The rain race was magnificently fun (albeit easy.. I won by 1:30 and I'm not the greatest driver)
A-Spec level - 21
Game Progress - 47%
Total Wins - 106
Trophies Earned - 34%
Current Credits - 76,035
No. of Cars Owned - 106
Total Distance Driven - 6132.6km
Licences: IC
27 x Gold
2 x Silver
1 x Bronze
You poor people, I have 1,502,654 million well, I did, then I tuned the Autobianchi A110 Abarth and a few other money bins and they sapped my bank!
I have, at 5 occasions, had 1.5 million credits.. then I spent them on a whim.
Quote from Boris Lozac :You guys are playing it too much as a 'game' and are now complaining about it. I avoid A-spec and B-spec as much as i can, bought myself 4 nice Premium cars and i'm doing the licences, special events, time trials, and Online with my friends.. no one is forcing you to grind it. And i'm sure they will implement getting money from online races..

When someone sends me an X1, or finds a way to unlock more challenges, all the races and everything then I'll be happy. Until then I have to earn them. I can't play as much as many on here, so I'll be lagging behind on level 20 when everyone else is level 40... but I'll just have to live with it...
Quote from JJ72 :A-Spec level - 21
Game Progress - 47%
Total Wins - 106
Trophies Earned - 34%
Current Credits - 76,035
No. of Cars Owned - 106
Total Distance Driven - 6132.6km
Licences: IC
27 x Gold
2 x Silver
1 x Bronze

6132Kms?? Thats alot. Im only just reaching 3000kms.
PSN name?
Anyone seen anything of that B-Spec browser mode/control that was mentioned before release? I haven't, just wondered if it made it into the release...
Quote from GFresh :Anyone seen anything of that B-Spec browser mode/control that was mentioned before release? I haven't, just wondered if it made it into the release...

As far as i've seen, we'll get it in an update.
Loving the mazda mx5 and honda s2000, anyone knows any other fun car to drive?
Quote from G!NhO :Loving the mazda mx5 and honda s2000, anyone knows any other fun car to drive?

SLS AMG is ****ing amazing.
Quote from 91mason91 :6132Kms?? Thats alot. Im only just reaching 3000kms.
PSN name?

Yeah I didn't expect that as well, as I am still mostly on the slower cars.

Just had the slowest online race ever.....stock M3, sport hard tires, a raining Nurburgring 24hr in the night.....just pure survival.

PSN JJ72rg
I don't have a gazillion Credits, is the M5 or M3 worth the money?
I also need a car with a lovely sound.
I know reviews are subjective yadda yadda, but......Edge (7/10) have summed it up pretty much for me.

Quote :In spite of its foibles, by sheer brute force of content and an overhauled physics engine Gran Turismo 5 fulfils its primary objectives. It’s a virtual Matchbox collection, and much of the pleasure comes from shopping and tinkering, and then feeling the results as you push the car out on the circuit. But this is a production that feels increasingly aged in the face of modern game design. The creeping and eventually overriding feeling is that this meticulously precise simulation, and its lovingly constructed catalogue of automotive history, deserved a little more game to come along for the ride.

Quote from G!NhO :I don't have a gazillion Credits, is the M5 or M3 worth the money?
I also need a car with a lovely sound.

The M3 is a good car when tuned, although its nothing special..

My faviroute cars are either the Honda NSX Type R, Integra Type R..

Both I have fully tuned and the Integra is race modded which is very fast, reaches up to 200mph very quickly

The NSX handles better though
I am in a mad trance of collecting classic motors, especially 70's japanese cars, just love the boxy styling, been picking up some real interesting motors as well, mini marcos, stratos, a ginetta, renault alpine.....just strange the contents I actually enjoy is already 7 years old.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG