The online racing simulator
Quote from JJ72 :Then yours suck, mine can win with a bone stock one.

My guy can, but he has some sorta strange phobia of street-circuits, which prevents him from racing well
Quote from (-Mark-) :My guy can, but he has some sorta strange phobia of street-circuits, which prevents him from racing well

So does my guy, he just guns it into walls. lol
I gave mine a 600hp+ mach 1 mustang on comfort tyres for his first Sunday cup race, it was funny but he won
Sounds like this mini manager mode is more fun than actual racing.
Quote from DevilDare :Sounds like this mini manager mode is more fun than actual racing.

It's not. I was excited about it aswell after reading some comments. However, all you can do is give your driver four different commands: Slow down, Keep current speed, Speed up, Overtake. That's it!

The rest of it is simply watching him fail or win. Can provide some comedy if he decides to start drifting all of a sudden, but other than that... meh.

PS: If i tell my driver to overtake other cars, he usually fails, gets nervous, takes stupid lines... and sometimes even starts losing places. However, if i simply tell him to drive faster, he usually overtakes anyone in sight like it's no big deal...
Also, you have to repeat "Speed Up" or "Slow Down" (and maybe the others) to keep him at the pace you want. Otherwise he just goes to sleep and gets REALLY slow. So if you want a quick lap you have to repeat Speed Up as often as it allows.

Why can't we fast forward in it? Endurance B-Spec races will be a BOOOOOORE. Not that I'll probably bother unless they reward nice cars
Quote from tristancliffe :Also, you have to repeat "Speed Up" or "Slow Down" (and maybe the others) to keep him at the pace you want. Otherwise he just goes to sleep and gets REALLY slow. So if you want a quick lap you have to repeat Speed Up as often as it allows.

Why can't we fast forward in it? Endurance B-Spec races will be a BOOOOOORE. Not that I'll probably bother unless they reward nice cars

Yeah, I wish i could simply let him get up to speed, then tell him to keep it like that and let him do the rest himself.

I always try to find cars fast enough so they'll still win the race even if they're driving in "sleep mode".

And regarding the endurance races... nobody said you'd have to watch them! Start the race, then do something else (watch a movie, read a book, go out, etc.).
I know I can, but then the PS3 is occupied doing a stupid race in real time, so I can't do any other races, or play another game for, say, 24 hours. Grrrrr.

But yes, I would just get a car that can win when the driver is sleeping. Quite expensive tuning cars so that the crap AI can beat crap AI.
Quote from tristancliffe :Quite expensive tuning cars so that the crap AI can beat crap AI.

I agree with that. Spent 200'000 credits yesterday on tuning a standard car i'll never want to drive... just so my B-Spec driver could have an easy race.

The whole level system is starting to get on my nerves aswell... i'm still level 20, 45'000/69'000 points. I don't wanna know how many points i'll need from level 21 to 22. :bananadea
A million!
It's taking me a lifetime to go 23->24, how the hell can anyone ever get to lvl 40 is what I want to know.
I guess higher level events must give out MASSES of XP. Like 10,000+ per event or something??? I certainly hope that's the case.
Quote from tristancliffe :I guess higher level events must give out MASSES of XP. Like 10,000+ per event or something??? I certainly hope that's the case.

No, not really
They give around four to seven thousand in the extreme tier.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
GT5 sounds more like work than an enjoyable game!
Well I just hosted a room in the online lobby called LFSers get in here! But only Mason from here turned up along with loads of randomers. Restricted the tyre choice to comfort hards and turned all aids off. Was mental but fun and made me laugh quite a lot at all the people trying to drive very high power rwd cars around Tsukuba with only comfort hard tyres allowed.
Quote from Gills4life :Well I just hosted a room in the online lobby called LFSers get in here! But only Mason from here turned up along with loads of randomers.

It's 4pm in the afternoon... some people have to work at this time of the day...
I wasn't having a pop at anyone here! Heck, I'd be in college right now if I weren't snowed in. Was just letting everyone know that I did host one up there with the intention of getting some LFSers together racing and despite only having one, it was quite a laugh. There were a few people from this forum on my XMB showing that they were playing GT5 anyway.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Was fun. Was leading a 5 lap race for 4 laps in my 800hp Nissan GTR with comfort hards. Crossed onto last lap the got disconnected from the lobby. But was a laugh, really recommend that alot more people from here turn up next time.
You guys are playing it too much as a 'game' and are now complaining about it. I avoid A-spec and B-spec as much as i can, bought myself 4 nice Premium cars and i'm doing the licences, special events, time trials, and Online with my friends.. no one is forcing you to grind it. And i'm sure they will implement getting money from online races..
Quote from Boris Lozac :You guys are playing it too much as a 'game' and are now complaining about it. I avoid A-spec and B-spec as much as i can, bought myself 4 nice Premium cars and i'm doing the licences, special events, time trials, and Online with my friends.. no one is forcing you to grind it. And i'm sure they will implement getting money from online races..

Well, it IS a game, and the GT Life section is supposed to be the "meat" to the game.

The GT series has always been a bit of a grind, but at the moment, there isn't a great deal of "meat" on the bones.

Maybe I'll have a bit more fun when they sort out the time trial leaderboards.
Quote from Boris Lozac :You guys are playing it too much as a 'game' and are now complaining about it. I avoid A-spec and B-spec as much as i can, bought myself 4 nice Premium cars and i'm doing the licences, special events, time trials, and Online with my friends.. no one is forcing you to grind it. And i'm sure they will implement getting money from online races..

Yes they are forcing us to grind. I want endurance races, so i'll have to reach level 25. And what was that about unlocking true damage at level 40? I want that too.

If i wouldn't have to reach certain levels to unlock certain features, i wouldn't have to grind, but the way it is now, there's no other way.

Not everybody is happy with 50% content right from the beginning.
Damage unlocked was debunked yesterday, Sony stated that the damage (visual) is indentical no matter what level you are at.

But yeah, if you want all the "features" then you have to grind, I wouldn't mind the X1, but I have to grind my way to Lvl30 to get it
Quote from Boris Lozac :no one is forcing you to grind it.

Wait, what? :insane:

So having to do tedious challenges just to drive on tracks you want isn't forcing? Denied content is all about forced grinding, and this game is big on that.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG