The online racing simulator
Quote from logitekg25 :ya burnout/brakestand...burnout for me means your just doing whatever lighting up the rear wheels, not neseserilly stopped, just doing donuts or whatever going crazy

but yeah, in gt5 it doesnt seem possible at all...i kinda did one after overheating my tires for a while, but other then that doesnt work for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2D6G1zkceA&NR=1
this is a brakestand.
Another race against Japanese folks. Yes I do like racing against them even despite the lag.

I love low horse power races, just more fun to me. And a pretty interesting collection of cars in this race. Both premium and standards mingling in harmony

Me in the Lotus Elise 111R
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB6BU1-WUus

I didn't have any cars that fit the race specs of 800kg minimum weight and 200HP max, that also had soft racing tyres, so I decided to use one of the GT5 stock recommended cars, since they come with all tyres.

I've never driven a Lotus Elise 111R on Tsukuba, but it seems race tyres smooth out the inherent twitchiness of the mid engined short wheel base configuration, although once in a while it'll snap sideways when you least expect it to, like at 4:30
A bit like real life then.

Within a few laps I qualified 2nd, stock against tuned cars! It just felt like understeer doesn't exist in this car. Seemed like this car is just made for this track, and I had a big advantage over the front wheel drive cars in this race

Me think I'll buy me one of these....
You can barely hear my car though, against the exhausts of tuned cars. And my car looked so high off the ground
Race was a lot of fun, and felt good to beat the host (the 2nd placed MX-5) which probably spec'ed the race to fit perfectly with his tuned car

That Race mod Golf GTI looks pretty cool too
Quote from morpha :That's a stoppie. A "brake stand" is a burnout, although I don't see why anyone would call it brake stand

To me, a stoppie is a brakestand. As to define a brakestand as the word it is, would be, for one to stand on the brakes. You can only stand on something when you are upright. Therefore a stoppie is more fitting to the term 'brakestand'.
stoppie to me is the same as endo, which is what the little truck did

burnout like i said is just doing whatever while spinning the rear tires.

brakestand is standing still while on the brakes spinning the rear tires.
Quote from BlueFlame :To me, a stoppie is a brakestand. As to define a brakestand as the word it is, would be, for one to stand on the brakes. You can only stand on something when you are upright. Therefore a stoppie is more fitting to the term 'brakestand'.

While that certainly makes more sense, the internet disagrees. Personally I find "brake stand" to be somewhat redundant and nondescript, so I won't use it to describe either a burnout or a stoppie, quite frankly I won't use it at all.
Quote from CoolColJ :
I love low horse power races, just more fun to me.

I just wish at least SOME people would ditch the race softs and go with something less grippy. I love the sport hards most low powered sporty cars come with. Makes it a whole other ballgame.

I'd love a long race at the Ring in something like 200hp-1000kg, sport hard.
I would bitch slap all idiots who put no restriction to the tires, or the cars.. Almost all the people who had no contact with race sims before, are like that.. if, GOD FORBID, you put a race with the same cars, they quit or send idiotic questions like "why just one car?!"... jesus christ.
Yeah. I'm all for variety, but not unlimited choice.

I'd love to have the option to have only stock cars too. Not just tuned to within spec, but untouched from new.
Last night i got totally convinced in difference beatwean offline and online physics.. i can not understand this idiocy by PD.
I drove 59.xx with Mclaren F1 on Tsukuba in Time Trial with sports hard, then went Online with it and the car is skiding all over the place, like there's ice on the track.. you feel much less what is going on with the car, and i couldn't drive better then 1.02.xxx.

Can anyone dare explain this stupidity?
Quote from atledreier :I just wish at least SOME people would ditch the race softs and go with something less grippy. I love the sport hards most low powered sporty cars come with. Makes it a whole other ballgame.

I'd love a long race at the Ring in something like 200hp-1000kg, sport hard.

Try Shuffle races, some of them had comfort softs and sports hards. You can't pick the car or the tyres, but the cars are fairly close to each other.
The game pics cars for you and they tend to be low to moderate powered.
And if you win 1 race, the next one, you get a weaker car etc. If people stay on for mulitple races, it gets pretty cool

Quote from Boris Lozac :Last night i got totally convinced in difference beatwean offline and online physics.. i can not understand this idiocy by PD.
I drove 59.xx with Mclaren F1 on Tsukuba in Time Trial with sports hard, then went Online with it and the car is skiding all over the place, like there's ice on the track.. you feel much less what is going on with the car, and i couldn't drive better then 1.02.xxx.

Can anyone dare explain this stupidity?

From some guys testing at GTplanet, fuel weight is to blame and tyres are a lot colder online. It seems fuel weight isn't accounted for when in offline practise, plus your tyres are at optimum temperature and don't wear out
Quote from CoolColJ :
From some guys testing at GTplanet, fuel weight is to blame and tyres are a lot colder online. It seems fuel weight isn't accounted for when in offline practise, plus your tyres are at optimum temperature and don't wear out

That's what i thought but after 7, 8 laps in free practice i can't say i noticed any difference..
Been doing some of these seasonal challenges (the race ones) and think they're great to level up quickly and get cash...but the Focus ST one is impossible (I got 3rd) and I had tuned and set up the suspension and fitted the best clutch (basically modified as much as I could without loosing weight or adding power..)

Then I tried the RX7 one in my RX7, surprisingly (it's the 394/800kg one) - My RX7 weighed 1147kg and had 378bhp and I got....7th.

The Skyline challenge around Route 5 was good, got 2nd on my first attempt, won it on my second. That's a good 1m for me.
The best one is Nascar on the Ring, then Fiats on Tsukuba, i found Skylines on the Route 5 a disaster, is that track made out of glass?
I do enjoy the Nascar at Ring a lot actually. It's a challenge just to drive them which makes it fun. massively heavy stock cars being trundled around a windy forest road is great
Quote from Boris Lozac :The best one is Nascar on the Ring, then Fiats on Tsukuba, i found Skylines on the Route 5 a disaster, is that track made out of glass?

Get a R35 VSpec and tune it up with the suspension and drivetrain upgrades. Chuck all the weight reductions and then set it so there's about -2 degrees of camber at the front, front ARB set down 2 from whatever it was set at and then raise rear suspension stiffness a little bit. Stick sports soft and it should be fine.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Get a R35 VSpec and tune it up with the suspension and drivetrain upgrades. Chuck all the weight reductions and then set it so there's about -2 degrees of camber at the front, front ARB set down 2 from whatever it was set at and then raise rear suspension stiffness a little bit. Stick sports soft and it should be fine.

You forgot Skid Recovery I just meant that the feeling was so dumb, i honestly couldn't freakin wait for the stupid race to finish.. It was with stock GTR V-spec.. that same feeling i have on pretty much every fantasy track in the game.
Stock V-Spec, talk about bringing a knife to a gun fight
Yeah, i didn't want to ruin it by my amateur tuning.. just wanted to do the race and get as much money as i could, turned out i couldn't (or wouldn't) get better then like 8th, or 9th.. took the money, and said never again.
The horsepower upgrades are all bolt on and off, and lightening the car is foolproof
Just picked up a used Ps3 slim with GT5 for $200...

updating the firmware now..
awesome deal. $170 less than what i paid
I'm in love. NSX-R with comfort softs on Nordschleife. All stock, no aids, no abs and brake bias 7-2. Still snappy a bit but the car is very nice to drive. Compared to the subaru the nsx can take so much later apexes it is almost mind bending at times :lovies3d:.

I've always though the nsx simply lacks power but the car is pretty spot on for the 'ring which is pretty fast track.

atlereider, still want that audi?
Yes please.

I didn't have any of the cars you listed in my garage, though.
I'll send it to you later. If you happen to come by any of those cars I listed feel free to send me one some day

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG