The online racing simulator
‎"you can only send one car to a friend per day." WTF, rules rules rules and more rules. Rigid F**ks.
Quote from BlueFlame :I also have an insanely tuned Dodge Ram if anyone wants it lol, it was the only way I could win the Daytona pick up race in that thing, it has 600bhp i think, still can't do more than 180mph LOL Moving brick the supercharger gives the rev band a diesel-like quality, in that if you change before the redline you get more torque out of the motor and accelerate more quickly.

Also, if anyone can find a Quattro in the used car lot, I would appreciate very much if someone were kind enough to gift me it.
I'd be happy to look out for a car if someone wants one in return.

I'll take the Dodge Ram off your hands if you still have it? PSN - FudgeImBored

If I spot a Quattro, i'll grab it and it send it over. It's not my cuppa tea so wouldn't be missed.
I have a quattro, and can give it to you if PD allows me to.......
Quote from danowat :I am in the hunt for....

Nascar
Something to win "Like the wind"
German touring car
Super GT car
and something to win the Historic one on expert

I'll send you the NASCAR and the Lexus IS F Racing Concept for German Touring car but Both were expensive so maybe we can come to a deal? (NASCAR - 500,000cr and Lexus - 750,000cr)
Sure, what you after?
Went back to the special events yesterday. Tried to get gold on all the AMG driving school ones (the ones that are available at lvl 20). The one where you have to do a lap on the ring with the SLS in 7:05 was quite a hard fight, but very rewarding when i got it (finished the lap in 7:01:XXX).

I take back what i said about the SLS not being a fun car to drive. On sport tires it's a blast! You guys who are playing this with a gamepad are seriously missing out!
Quote from danowat :Sure, what you after?

Havn't thought of anything yet as all i need is Exp. BUT if i give you my Toyota Minolta to use in "Like the Wind" you give me the prize you receive which is the Toyota Minolta. (unless it changes) So win win. The only way i won was because i got boosted over the line by the retarded Ai. Helpful but retarded.
Quote from danowat :I am now at a point where, to race in the remaining events I need either a) lots of money to buy car x, or b) wait for days and days for car x to appear in the used car dealership.

Anyone got any tips for the best events (not specials) to farm money in?

A-Spec Expert
Polyphony Digital Cup: I think you get $3?,000 a race and $98,000 for winning the championship and it's 3 races at 5 laps a race.
Extreme events american race at indy, 98 000 credits every 4 mins with a race modded and fully tuned ZR1 vette.

15 million to go for the multi millionaire trophy.
One car to grab is the High End Performance G37, $200,000 and it can hold its own against all the Japanese touring car rockets.
That's always been on of my criticisms of Gran Turismo - the 'free' nature of it works against it at times.

1. Lots of people buy the game for the X1 or Veyrons or other fast cars. Or even Skyline GT-Rs, to race on the 'ring or Top Gear track or whatever, but have to play in crap cars for ages to be able to do so. It annoys them.

2. People just work out which way to farm money as quickly as possible to get to the racing events they enjoy (or are sufficiently challenging to be enjoyable, unlike the first few modes), but now also have to do the crap races to get the right 'level'.

I don't WANT to do the rubbishy races, but until I've unlocked levels and got enough money (by farming, natch) I'm stuck playing a game I don't really want to at this stage. I've always likely doing licences. The challenges (Top Gear, NASCAR, AMG etc) are quite good fun, but also excessively irritating - you have to drive like a mentalist (in a manner that would see lifetime bans in real life) to be able to complete them, and often a slightest touch or 0.5cm too much tyre on grass ends the challenge. Or you miss out on gold by 0.1 seconds and want to destroy the PS3.

It's fun. But it's also crap. I hate being forced to play aspects of an 'open' game that I don't want to. But I'm going to have to face facts that watching a RUBBISH B-Spec driver complete 8 minute races in a Yaris, or buying a microcar and doing those races are the way forwards.
B Spec is properly dire for me, I've tried and tried, but I just don't get it.

If I buy a driving game, I want to drive, not watch some shonky AI driver drive for me, I just fail to see how anyone can get any satisfaction from it.
LOL but I do find B spec enjoyable...they can provide some pretty tight races and giving the correct order does make a difference.
B-Spec is to win cars in GT5 while you have other things to do. Give them a car that's clearly faster than the competition, start the race, walk away. Once the race is finished, come back and collect your prize car, then repeat. Easy.
Quote from jibber :B-Spec is to win cars in GT5 while you have other things to do. Give them a car that's clearly faster than the competition, start the race, walk away. Once the race is finished, come back and collect your prize car, then repeat. Easy.

i gave my guy a ~700BHP Gallardo to go against the 590BHP Gallardos..best he can manage is 4th.
Quote from (-Mark-) :i gave my guy a ~700BHP Gallardo to go against the 590BHP Gallardos..best he can manage is 4th.

Did you install the correct tires? And what level is your B-Spec driver?

Also, tune the car more perhaps? Install racing suspension, lighten the chassis, racing transmission, clutch, blabla...

By giving them a car that is CLEARLY better than the competition i didn't mean an equal car with simply 100hp more.
Quote from beefyman666 :I'll take the Dodge Ram off your hands if you still have it? PSN - FudgeImBored

If I spot a Quattro, i'll grab it and it send it over. It's not my cuppa tea so wouldn't be missed.

Sent. Enjoy!
Quote from jibber :Did you install the correct tires? And what level is your B-Spec driver?

Also, tune the car more perhaps? Install racing suspension, lighten the chassis, racing transmission, clutch, blabla...

By giving them a car that is CLEARLY better than the competition i didn't mean an equal car with simply 100hp more.

Yeah ofc i tuned everything else, im not stupid enough to whack all the power in without modifying anything else lol

I think im gonna see what else i can do, maybe change the suspension settings etc

oh, and my driver is lvl 17
I guess I can see the point of it from a "means to an end" point of view, but its hardly compelling viewing is it.....

Who's had the funniest Ai driver name then?, I've raced....

J.Bieber
M.Ong
V.Lynn

Someone at GTPlanet has race D.Ong too
Quote from (-Mark-) :Yeah ofc i tuned everything else, im not stupid enough to whack all the power in without modifying anything else lol

I think im gonna see what else i can do, maybe change the suspension settings etc

oh, and my driver is lvl 17

Hmm, maybe another car would be better then, i don't know.

My B-Spec driver is at level 8 (another one at level 5). Whenever i give them a clearly faster car, they are in first place after T1 and usually finish almost lapping the last cars.
Quote from danowat :I guess I can see the point of it from a "means to an end" point of view, but its hardly compelling viewing is it.....

J.Bieber
M.Ong
V.Lynn

I've raced against B.Ong
Quote from danowat :

J.Bieber
M.Ong
V.Lynn

Mine's are called T.Takahashi and O.Renault. My buddy has a driver called Macintosh. Yesterday i raced against a guy called H.Gay.
Quote from danowat :I guess I can see the point of it from a "means to an end" point of view, but its hardly compelling viewing is it.....

J.Bieber
M.Ong
V.Lynn

My B-Spec Driver could have been called A.Bender
Quote from (-Mark-) :i gave my guy a ~700BHP Gallardo to go against the 590BHP Gallardos..best he can manage is 4th.

Then yours suck, mine can win with a bone stock one.
I.Tchicesku and no, I'm not joking...

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG