The online racing simulator
Hi guys,

I know this isn't the correct forum for troubleshooting but maybe some of you have encountered the same problem.

I have just bought a playstation 3 slim 320GB + GT 5 and I am having problems connecting it to my HDTV via a HDMI cable.

I have plugged in all relevant hardware and cables, downloaded system updates, turned my playstation 3 on, I have received a message that PS3 has detected an HDMI connection, I confirmed with yes to use HDMI to connect my ps3 to my HDTV.

Now the problem.

The problem is, when i go to the display settings to set my ps3 to 1080p, the resolution is default on 576p which is ticked and greyed out, i then tick all the relevant resolutions up to 1080p as my tv supports them all but after confirming, my tv just resets as I get the no signal message and I end up back at the menu screen with the screen resolutions and 576p is still greyed out. I cannot seem to select a higher resolution that 576p.

After endless resets, unplugging and net searching, i thought, I will just try and have one race of GT 5 with the 576p res but then another problem appeared, on GT5 game load screen, I get small dots flickering all over the screen, this problem gets worse once the race actually starts, with signal being lost at time and bad flickering. I guess this is because of the high data transfer once gameplay starts with sound and vieo passing through the cable.

I have bought the 32' HDTV with the PS3 and it is a full HD television which supports 1080p.

I am honestly lost as to what the problem could be, I would be greatful for any advice.

I haven't tried the safemode reset or a different hdmi cable.

I am not sure a faulty HDMI cable would stop my ps3 setting higher resolutions? but I will go and get the cable replaced today as I did buy the cheapest cable.

Argh, some xmas present!!!

Would be glad for some help

Mad
Quote from Madman_CZ :snip

I think it might really be your cable, if it is a 1.0 HDMI cable.. Try using a 1.3 HDMI instead (or 1.4, but that additional number is for 3D support).
Also, a 1.3 cable shouldn't set you back more than 10 €. And stay away from the "gold-plated" connector cables, as they do eff all, but cost more.
Hmmm they changed a lot of things, which they didn't mention in the change log in v1.05....such as the LFA sound

New sound, plus the track physics have changed too, moving the car around alot more at high speed. It actually goes airbourne in one spot! Braking down from high speed without ABS in this car is pretty scary!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGisXx-DaxY

Old sound - lucky I happen to record it the other day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg3c-grhQvU

And I tried a lift off oversteer test on the RUF BTR. Now some FWD cars should have it to, but I haven't seen it yet in GT5...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3RSt-fsgFU
Heavy pedal set for that new Thrustmaster GT wheel

Quote from 9000Gs :New info and new pics!
"The pedal set of the T500 RS is 100% adjustable: you can adjust the height, the spacing and the inclination of each pedal and even replace the Thrustmaster pedals by a set from motorsport manufacturers!"

"The pedals set of the T500 RS is made of 100% of metal (7Kg / 15.4Lbs) which provides optimal stability, the best durability and the most realistic, simulation experience!"

Source: http://www.facebook.com/pages/ ... r-T500-RS/177715455589531

As above, try a different HDMI cable, what is the model of TV set?
So, how's about doing a Top Gear Challenge style competition?

I'd imagine it like this: Every contender has 10.000 credits to spend on a car.
Then we'd race.
After that, everyone can spend the remaining credits of his 10.000 on upgrades, and then we'd race again.

As venues, I'd imagine the TG test track, Daytona and/or the Nordschleife.
What about time trials?
Could be fun too. I just thought it would be more hilarious if we actually saw what the others bought ^^
Beat the stig's time (set in another car)?
You could possibly do one of the stupid challenges like park up the steep Eiger Nordward K trail hill and remain there
the LFS sounded better before the patch.
Quote from R3DMAN :the LFS sounded better before the patch.

when was LFS's last patch............. or do you mean the LFA.
LOL @ seasonal events. Did the Fiat one and went up 5 levels btw, the little car is awesome fun
I just had the 3 best races i have ever had on a console game.

Went to a Japanese server with GT300 SuperGT car regs at Suzuka.

I was using the Cusco Impreza(with AWD) modified with turbo to 375hp.

In the first race i came 2nd in qualiy with a 2:04.8, then in the race i got a shaky start(dispite AWD) but still ended up winning after some of the leaders made mistakes.

In The 2nd race i got 2nd agian in qualiy this time with a 2:03.1

The race i went quite well and had an epic battle for 1st for the whole race but in the last lap i went wide a few times and gifted the Win away.

The 3rd Qualiy went awesome with a pole and a time of 2:02.5

In the race it was pretty much like the last one but as i got the car track combo more adjusted i had more pace this time i was able to make a tiny gap(which is really hard given how easy the car is to drive and how easy it is to slip stream with these cars)and take the Victory.

All 3 times grid was a healthy 16 Cars, the japanese know how to race with all of them finishing within 25 seconds(after 5 laps).
Did they fix the way the online races end?

I only went online once (when we raced with a few people from this forum), but the race would just end after the first person crossed the finish line... no lap times displayed, no results, nothing...
Quote from CoolColJ :Hmmm they changed a lot of things, which they didn't mention in the change log in v1.05....such as the LFA sound

New sound, plus the track physics have changed too, moving the car around alot more at high speed. It actually goes airbourne in one spot! Braking down from high speed without ABS in this car is pretty scary!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGisXx-DaxY

Old sound - lucky I happen to record it the other day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg3c-grhQvU

And I tried a lift off oversteer test on the RUF BTR. Now some FWD cars should have it to, but I haven't seen it yet in GT5...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3RSt-fsgFU

What have they done, it had the best sound before, i don't like it now But i do like the more bumpier tracks!

Btw, anyone getting the PSN error? When i try to sign-in, it asks that i confirm some Terms of Use, and when i do, i get Server error: HTTP Status Code:0
Any ideas?
Quote from jibber :Did they fix the way the online races end?

I only went online once (when we raced with a few people from this forum), but the race would just end after the first person crossed the finish line... no lap times displayed, no results, nothing...

The host can set time deley at the end from 30sec to 1min? maybe more. Also there is a button you press in the lobby after the race to display the race results and save the replay.

On that note, anyone want to do a lfsforum meet up? Do some fun races? I'll host if anyone is interested.
Quote from Franky.S :The host can set time deley at the end from 30sec to 1min? maybe more. Also there is a button you press in the lobby after the race to display the race results and save the replay.

On that note, anyone want to do a lfsforum meet up? Do some fun races? I'll host if anyone is interested.

If you host it tonight i might join. What time did you have in mind? (GMT +1 here)
Quote from jibber :If you host it tonight i might join. What time did you have in mind? (GMT +1 here)

8pm? If that is suitable. Also GMT +1.
Quote from Franky.S :8pm? If that is suitable. Also GMT +1.

Sounds good to me, post details when you're ready, i'll keep watching this thread.
Quote from jibber :Sounds good to me, post details when you're ready, i'll keep watching this thread.

Ok, would be better if some others come too?
I'll be there. (HandyCapped)
-
(Furiously-Fast) DELETED by Furiously-Fast
Quote from jibber :Did they fix the way the online races end?

The host can select how long to wait for after the winner crosses the line

nice wheel - but every expensive

Quote from Boris Lozac :What have they done, it had the best sound before, i don't like it now But i do like the more bumpier tracks!

Well it's closer in sound to the real race car now, the road car still sounds different, more engine buzz, and less howl

It was too smooth before - a typical GT sound trait. More induction rasp in there. I can hear the rasp in the new GT5 sound, but it's mixed a bit too low in volume. It does sound like it's pitched a touch too high, maybe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjMNySV0MsQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G34Qsb_LYog

They changed the stock GT-R sound. I first noticed this when I did the new seasonal event with my spec V. Had to downgrade my exhaust to stock to meet the power regulations.
Before it sounded like it did in Prologue, which I thought was quite good as is!
Maybe they did it just to be different, or bring it closer to the real thing. I'm not sure if it's better or worse, but it is different. I'll make a vid I guess
Server going online in 5min. Feel free to join. Name: LFSunite
Add my ID Frankys_S.
Damn you people, always making those rooms when i'm working..

And btw, if some of you don't know, there's no need to capitalise letters when you're adding someone on PSN, you can just type frankys_s
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG