The online racing simulator
Quote from logitekg25 :is there damagggen this game?

does anybody know?

watch the trailers, and read the articles -
basicly yes, but not all cars will have deformation, only the premium ones.
The standard cars get scuffs/scratches and cosmetic damage. All cars will have mechanical damage

edit -
GameSpot article from closed door presentation
http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6 ... ds-on?tag=topslot;title;1

hmmm
Quote : The most impressive track, though, was the Nurburgring, not only because it's so huge, but also because of the ridiculous amount of work that has gone into re-creating it. For example, when racing in a 24-hour event at the track (which you will have the option to do in real time), you'll not only get to see the day-night transition, but because it's such a long event, you'll notice that many of the spectators have tents or camper vans that aren't there during normal races. Polyphony Digital has photographed every inch of the famously graffiti-daubed track in order to make sure that it's as accurate and as up to date as possible in the game. Some of the offensive stuff has been removed, but if you've written something family-friendly on the track in the past year or two, there's a good chance it has made it into the game. And hey, you can even take a photo of it as proof. .

Quote :As was confirmed just yesterday, Gran Turismo 5 is scheduled for release on November 2. And when that day comes, you'll be able to check out all of the aforementioned features, the new low/high beam functionality, the smoke illumination effects, and whatever else Yamauchi is keeping up his sleeve until GamesCom for yourself. We look forward to bringing you more information on the long-awaited Gran Turismo 5 just as soon as it becomes available

Holy **** thats awesome.
Quote from Mustafur :So there just going to use the exact same cars as GT4 and GT5p then add 200 premium?

If so thats pretty dud, i was expecting most of the cars to be new or updated versions of what has been on the game before.

No man, that would be pretty lame don't you think.. I'm pretty sure they remodelled all the cars, and all cars will have cockpit view, but premium cars will have engine modelled, and other stuff..
anyone planning on getting a PS Eye for head tracking?

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1099202p1.html

Quote :
Better yet, snap some pictures and savor your destructive memories. In addition to the standard Race Photo Mode, which lets you pause the action and take photos of your cars in action, Gran Turismo 5 also includes a new feature called Photo Travel Mode. Special areas have been created where you can take your car, get out, walk around (in a first-person view) and take pictures of your ride in these beautiful settings. The E3 demo included a shrine in Kyoto, an Italian abbey called San Galagno and Red Bull's impressive Hangar 7. These locations come complete with authentic environmental sound and historical information.

Gran Turismo has included the concept of a 'home' area since the first game. But the new game will finally bring that idea online. The GT Life section of Home in Gran Turismo 5 tracks your licenses, trophies, cars and more. And with a couple quick clicks you can find out how you stack up to your friends. But it gets more interactive than that. You'll also see a section called GT Lounge that serves as your own personal lobby where your friends can come and race, observe or just hang out. Kazunori described it as if you and your friends rented out a racetrack for the day. You might race a bit, and you might hang out in the paddock with a radio talking your buddies around corners. GT5 even has message boards, email and text chat built right in to your personal GT Lounge.

That's an awesome feature, but it would be even more if you could do that on all tracks.. like walking around Top Gear track in first person... wicked..
We still haven't seen the final build of GT5 yet it seems

http://www.thegameraccess.com/ ... e3-gran-turismo-5-details

Quote :You might have missed that Gran Turismo 5 was announced for release November 2 of this year.

Well we now have a few more details on the game, courtesy of Matt (Diz), who called in from E3.

Here is what he saw while attending a press conference that focused on the game. Read more to see how the approximately 1,000 cars will breakdown and feel.

Matt said the game demonstrated at E3 wasn't the complete build. That is expected to debut in August during GamesCom.

There was no discussion of online play.

The Cars

Okay. There will be 800 standard cars and 200 premium cars. The difference will be noticeable. The premium cars will have greater details in pretty much all aspects, including the vehicle's undercarriage and dashboard.

Both types will be available in the game, though. So don't worry about paying for the premium.

DLC

There are plans for DLC and contests, but they didn't get into specifics.

Graphics

Graphically, the game is beautiful. There is a great focus on the details, which has become a GT hallmark. During the press conference, Matt said it was difficult at times to tell the difference between footage of real vehicles and cars created by Polyphony Digital.

The development team focused on everything from the brake rotors, collision sparks, smoke illumination, and various headlight intensity. Drivers will be able to flash slower vehicles, for example.

There will also be a day to night transition.

NASCAR

The game shown at E3 had nine licensed NASCAR vehicles, but many more are coming. Also, NASCAR has requested that the cars be available for more than just the NASCAR tracks. So expect to take a stock car to Italy.

Racing Circuits

There was no mention of how many tracks the game will have, but they talked about four circuits. These will take players to Rome, Italy, Spain and Germany.

In Germany, GT5 will heavily feature Nürburgring, the 24-hour event. Players will literally be able to race all-day in this event though they won't be required to. You can expect to see spectators camping and grilling out, by the way.

Photo Mode

There will be two photo modes in the game. The first will be the standard race photo mode. The second one will be travel mode. In this, players will be able to drive to designated locations of tracks and tour the area.

It will automatically go into a camera view that will allow for a little roaming around both the vehicle and track.

Player Lounge

But what do you do with all those pictures? Simple. You share them with people through an in-game lounge. Here is where you'll be able to display your career status, unlocked trophies, photos, and communicate with friends you've invited to your lounge.

The lounge will also incorporate what is called "Gran Turismo Life." Be ready to monitor how your friends are doing and to read a stream of comments that will be readable in-game.

Face Tracking

Anybody with the PlayStation Eye will be able to use the camera to track your face. This will adjust our in-game view to match where you are looking in real life.

They added horns for every car! Finally a use for the DFGT horn button
And more F1 cars to come

http://wot.motortrend.com/6658 ... e-game-details/index.html
Quote :Okay. There will be 800 standard cars and 200 premium cars. The difference will be noticeable. The premium cars will have greater details in pretty much all aspects, including the vehicle's undercarriage and dashboard.

Again, premium with dashboard, standard without.

If this is indeed the case, I think I may even reconsider getting GT5
Quote from danowat :Again, premium with dashboard, standard without.

If this is indeed the case, I think I may even reconsider getting GT5

That sentense can be read both ways.

"great detail in something........including dashboard" doesn't mean the rest of the stuff are absent, they might just but lesser in details.
I know, but again, its all ambiguious, I want solid, concrete proof that ALL 1000 cars will feature a custom, cockpit view.
Quote from danowat :I know, but again, its all ambiguious, I want solid, concrete proof that ALL 1000 cars will feature a custom, cockpit view.

I am pretty sure it would.

After so much delay and not much new features you'd imagine the outrage if most of the cars don't even have a dashboard. Someone is gonna have his tiny japanese penis sliced right off.
I hope so, I will be dissapointed if they don't.
GT PSP had cockpits for all 800+ cars. Even though they were generic and blacked out, it was still a cockpit for all of them. I expect no less for GT5
Quote from CoolColJ :GT PSP had cockpits for all 800+ cars. Even though they were generic and blacked out, it was still a cockpit for all of them. I expect no less for GT5

Generic and "blacked out"?

Yeah, THIS, won't cut it
I sure as heck hope GT5 isn't like that .

I am under no illusions that the cockpit views in FM3 are amazing, but at least they are all custom (even if some of the dials and displays don't work).
At the every least you would expect that, but better

http://www.ps3blog.net/2010/06 ... sheet-for-gran-turismo-5/

edit full fact sheet

Quote :Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America, LLC.
Developer: Polyphony Digital Inc.
Platform: PlayStation®3 system
Genre: Racing / Driving Simulator
Players: 1 – 4 Local, up to 16 online
Release: TBA (November 2nd confirmed)
Rating: RP – Rating Pending

From Polyphony Digital Inc. (PDI), the development powerhouse that has shipped more than 55 million units worldwide, the award-winning Gran Turismo® franchise makes its way to the PlayStation®3 (PS3®) system in the first complete installment of the fan-favorite series on the console. Developed exclusively for PS3 by the internal team of designers and engineers at PDI, Gran Turismo® 5 brings the world’s most realistic and comprehensive driving experience to fans in one of the most highly anticipated games of all time. Consistently setting the bar in terms of quality of design and physics technology with every product release, Gran Turismo 5 on PS3 is no exception and aims to set new standards in terms of graphics, presentation, and gameplay.

Gran Turismo 5 features more than 1000 licensed cars from the world’s top manufacturers and more than 20 tracks with more than 70 variations, including famous world circuits, city courses, and other environments. Featuring exciting gameplay and modes to suit newcomers, automotive enthusiasts, and seasoned fans, Gran Turismo 5 raises the bar on the franchise’s depth of content and unparalleled visuals including lifelike graphics that are difficult to distinguish from a live race. Further reflecting this realism, cars will feature real-time visual damage with adaptive and accurate car deformation based on point of impact and velocity. Additionally for the first time, Gran Turismo 5 will feature an extremely deep online and community feature set.

Players can progress and acquire credits through a variety of modes like GT Career Mode, Championship Races, License Tests and more, or they can explore different tracks and circuit variations in Arcade Mode. Additionally, players can race online with up to 16 players through PlayStation Network®(PSN). Players can also participate in a robust online system, and transfer vehicles unlocked in Gran Turismo® for PSP™ into their garage in
Gran Turismo 5.

CARS THAT LOOK AND FEEL REAL
· A first for the franchise, vehicles will now show real-time damage and wear that reflect the driver’s treatment of the car. Cars will collect dirt (and can be washed at car washes) and will feature adaptive and accurate body deformation and performance damage based on point of impact and velocity (on select vehicles).
· Additional graphic touchups that add to the realism include smoke from tires, sparks that fly from vehicle rollovers, and dirt accumulation.
· Brand new vehicle physics engine that replaces the engine from Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, making the action more realistic than ever.
· PlayStation Eye camera features that add a new level of detail to the game, including face tracking for looking around the interior of vehicles while in the interior dash view.

MORE CARS, MORE TRACKS, MORE MODES
· More than 1000 licensed cars, including those representing racing organizations from around the globe such as NASCAR, World Rally Championship, Super GT and more.
· More than 20 tracks with more than 70 variations featuring famous world circuits and real-world city locales.
· Arcade mode lets players take in the stunning tracks and environments of
Gran Turismo 5 alone or with a friend in split-screen two-player mode.
· The fan-favorite career mode returns with a full world map, licensed car dealerships, tuning and body shops, and car washes. Start your car collection, customize them to your liking, and live the life of a pro racer.
· Compete in franchise mainstays like point-based Championship Race series and hone your skills with License Tests.
· Gran Turismo TV Video gives players access to an online clearinghouse of great motorsport video programming (both HD and SD – all broadcast quality) through PLAYSTATION Network. Users can now export this content to the GT PSP Museum (GT PSP required).

CUSTOMIZE YOUR RIDE, AND YOUR GAME
· Photo Mode and Photo Album allows users to capture their greatest GT moments, and share with friends. Players can stage and capture stylish shots from a number of angles and locations.
· Photo Album can be shared online, and the Online Replay Album lets players capture replay video from their favorite races and upload them to YouTube for the world to see.
· Players can create custom soundtracks from music stored on their PS3s to play in-game.

RACE AGAINST THE WORLD, ONLINE
· Online racing evolves in Gran Turismo 5 with robust racing options that are shaping up to deliver the deepest online racing experience available.
· Players can join in on public races featuring up to 16 players at once with text and voice chat, or host private races with lobbies supporting up to 32 players per lobby.

OTHER FEATURES
· Players who own Gran Turismo PSP and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue can transfer cars unlocked in that game directly to their garage in Gran Turismo 5 for use in Arcade Mode through special cross-talk interoperability.
· Gran Turismo 5 will feature full PSN Trophy support, making players’ accomplishments that much more satisfying.

Quote :but you can also create private lobbies, which can hold up to 32 racers

Impressive.
it might not be 32 all racing at once though - maybe 16 racers and 16 spectators
Plus the host will need some serious bandwidth
rather sub-par lighting in those shots?

It doesn't look very natural, pretty simliar to how Iracing looks.

you can see normals errors on the gallardo's rims too.
I don't think they're running in game, just bare models in the modeller
There is no background etc

Noticed a few shading errors on the Lambo wheel hub

The point of the pics is not to make it look exactly like the real thing, for that you need a spectral path tracing/MLT renderer and these takes hours to render! But that the details match. Insane amount of detail

edit - actually the Lambo wheel hub should be sunken in, not flush like it is, unless it's a different model
Yeah the lambo hub looks messed up, the bottom looks like it sorter sinks in, but the top looks flush
Quote from oli17 :yep that's what i did lol, but can u imagine how tedious it would be to have done it yourself!?!?

Yes, because I did the full 24hrs on the Ring on GT4....

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG