The online racing simulator
LFS cars don't have axles either!
But lfs cars don't have half a meter ground clearence so it possible to see the non existant axles that are supposed to be there.
Well knowing PD, they probably scanned the actual Samba

in the line up of all the cars wtf are the 2 cars on the back left
Quote from brt900 :in the line up of all the cars wtf are the 2 cars on the back left

VW Schwimmwagens?
Quote from brt900 :in the line up of all the cars wtf are the 2 cars on the back left

Schwimmwagen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111111l
Two VW's from what I can make out.
oh they will be fun
@TiJay

There is a miata in the third row to the right in back of the high-res magazine scan. It is yellow, and difficult to see since it is in the back.

Are all the cars in the Top gear magazine premium cars?
I saw that but thanks dude
how the hell do the axle's that the VW's have work
Quote from logitekg25 :how the hell do the axle's that the VW's have work

Is it not just standard trailing arm suspension?...
i mean how do they get the wheel's to spin properly, when the axle is mounted toward the top. even if it is not the power axle.
What do u mean? Thats the front in the pic and the things rear engined like a Porsche so will be totally different...
What Chris is asking is:

How do portal axles transfer the torque from the drivetrain to the axle?

(I don't know myself.. I'm just clerifying the topic).

Quote from morpha :Witchcraft! Wheels attached by magic!

I believe all the cars in the Top Gear pic are premium
I'm curious if we can do something like that in the game? Imagining them all lined up like that and beeing able to walk across the track, first person style, and watch in awe.. :dopey:
Quote from Boris Lozac :I'm curious if we can do something like that in the game? Imagining them all lined up like that and beeing able to walk across the track, first person style, and watch in awe.. :dopey:

You can walk around in first person view in Photo mode. Not sure if you can have more than 1 car though, but we might be able to.

Quote from CoolColJ :You can walk around in first person view in Photo mode. Not sure if you can have more than 1 car though, but we might be able to.

I'm guessing you mean in those photo mode-specific locations? Not during a pausse in replay etc? But AWESOME anyway!
Quote from Boris Lozac :I'm guessing you mean in those photo mode-specific locations? Not during a pausse in replay etc? But AWESOME anyway!

Yes, but you should be able to move the camera around in photo replay
Quote from CoolColJ :You can walk around in first person view in Photo mode. Not sure if you can have more than 1 car though, but we might be able to.

New feature for GT6, first person gameplay?
Quote from J@tko :It's from GT5. Real 747s have round nacelles [the bits around the engines]

Actually the 747 chilling on the top gear track is a one off of some sort which has those strange double engine nacelles.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG