The online racing simulator
And some new pics..

Why aren't the spoiler tags work on this forum?
65% complete, and looks like this already, WOW! So much better looking than that Plastic Sim racer on the 360.

March 2010.... I can wait. I'm not really in a hurry to get GT5 anyway!
Quote from Furiously-Fast :65% complete, and looks like this already, WOW! So much better looking than that Plastic Sim racer on the 360.

I find it funny that the GT players seem to need to continually convince themselves that "their" game is the better one, by stating it over and over and over and over Almost like they're insecure about it in some way
Quote from obsolum :I find it funny that the GT players seem to need to continually convince themselves that "their" game is the better one, by stating it over and over and over and over Almost like they're insecure about it in some way

+1 ,

Both games have their + and -, I dont see why people are saying that its better when they havent even played either yet
Quote from obsolum :I find it funny that the GT players seem to need to continually convince themselves that "their" game is the better one, by stating it over and over and over and over Almost like they're insecure about it in some way

While Forza players need to find every little advantage over GT (woot softer shadow edges!!!) in order to secure themselves as well.

All covered in this week's edition of fanboyism 101.
Quote from lukelfs :+1 ,

Both games have their + and -, I dont see why people are saying that its better when they havent even played either yet

Good point

I have neither of the games, and probally I will never own any of them, but admit it, now the PS3 shows what it is capable. Xbox did follow it a good distance, but it ends here, just look at those graphics!
There will be 1000 cars in the game and about 100 tracks or more. it will contain some D1 drifting cars too. There is 3 games in one game: Gran Turismo now have the nascar license and the rally license and ofcourse the gran turismo license xD. just some info for ya

While LFS players are completely different?

I find it funny that people feel the need to make pathetic comments about a group of people they dont know, because amongst them some people do something which is actually commonplace in so many things, as if its just 1 group who act in this way. I bet if we went through your forum history there would be at least 1 example of you sucking LFS c*ck, but because someone makes 1 comment about it, and many other people make the same comment, its a mass insecurity. If thats the case, this whole forum is the breeding ground of insecurity.

If multiple people want to express their opinion, whats the harm, its not the same person forcing their opinion on everyone, so if you want to bitch to a handful of people who express their excitement about something, theres plenty of threads on this forum to keep you busy for a lifetime, so go bother them instead of being an boring ass in here.
Quote from PaulC2K :While LFS players are completely different?

No, they're exactly the same or even worse, and that annoys me to no end as well sometimes.

Quote from PaulC2K :
I bet if we went through your forum history there would be at least 1 example of you sucking LFS c*ck

You're free to search, but I don't think you'd come up with much.
Quote from PaulC2K :
...so if you want to bitch to a handful of people who express their excitement about something, theres plenty of threads on this forum to keep you busy for a lifetime, so go bother them instead of being an boring ass in here.

Yeah but see, then I wouldn't have annoyed you enough to make you write that post, so I chose to do it here just for you
what a fulfilling life you must lead.

Still doesnt explain why you feel you need to make such a statement, when your surrounded by people who make the exact same statements about LFS. Its as if you expected something different... so why so suprised?
Its just a pointless statement about something because you want to moan, im not sure how thats better than a load of people expressing enthusiasm for something in a thread discussing that matter, it isnt in a thread discussing how to end world hunger, what exactly where you expecting, complaints? or is that just what you WANTED to find?
ah you gotta love it.
opinions are like arseholes. everyone has one and it usually stinks.
Quote from PaulC2K :what a fulfilling life you must lead.

Still doesnt explain why you feel you need to make such a statement, when your surrounded by people who make the exact same statements about LFS. Its as if you expected something different... so why so suprised?
Its just a pointless statement about something because you want to moan, im not sure how thats better than a load of people expressing enthusiasm for something in a thread discussing that matter, it isnt in a thread discussing how to end world hunger, what exactly where you expecting, complaints? or is that just what you WANTED to find?

Jesus, the way you're taking this you'd think I offended you personally or something Did I struck a chord with you with the insecurity thing?

It was meant in jest. Pointless statement? Yeah, it probably was. But then so are 90% of all the posts on this forum. It was no more pointless than the post it was in response to, IMO. Why did I feel the need? I just read that comment and that was simply what popped into my mind Nothing more to it. Hell, if I knew it was gonna get your panties in such a twist I wouldn't have bothered.
Quote from PaulC2K :it isnt in a thread discussing how to end world hunger

It could be if you wanted to.

Anyway not a big off GT5 cause it's on a ps3 but if it came to pc i could always look the other way, the vids and picture do look very nice but every game that has claimed they are a sim are not even close because just look at NFS shit, it's got nice gfx's but it's not even a decent game. To much bloom and that lose focus over 30mph bullshit is really off putting.... can say the same for no mph option but enough of talking about NFS.

I kinda like gt4 back on the ps2 but that's when i was a console fan but with gt5 it's just not even catching my eye because they have spent to much time making it look so nice it has lost the novelty effect of being a new toy to play with, with the ps3 slim still being so pricey i will miss this game and wait for something new to replace it on the pc (rTractor 2 comes to mind).
Johnny... there's an option for Imperial in Shift. (-f )... Sure It's crap, and I played it for a good 5 minutes before I removed it from my PS3.

I look forward to GT5, I dunno why, but... I like the GT series if only that I can drive some ridiculous cars in a semi-realistic physics space. If I want some proper racing/physics I always have NKP or LFS waiting on my Hard drive.
Quote from obsolum :Jesus, the way you're taking this you'd think I offended you personally or something Did I struck a chord with you with the insecurity thing?

It was meant in jest. Pointless statement? Yeah, it probably was. But then so are 90% of all the posts on this forum. It was no more pointless than the post it was in response to, IMO. Why did I feel the need? I just read that comment and that was simply what popped into my mind Nothing more to it. Hell, if I knew it was gonna get your panties in such a twist I wouldn't have bothered.

Christ, are you 5?
Either grow up or find a forum with other childish people and go nuts on there instead.
Clearly these forums arent for you if you cant stand half the people having something positive to say about anything, what a depressing life you must lead if people being positive is a bad thing. Someone clearly just needs a hug!
Quote from rc10racer :It could be if you wanted to.

Anyway not a big off GT5 cause it's on a ps3 but if it came to pc i could always look the other way, the vids and picture do look very nice but every game that has claimed they are a sim are not even close because just look at NFS shit, it's got nice gfx's but it's not even a decent game. To much bloom and that lose focus over 30mph bullshit is really off putting.... can say the same for no mph option but enough of talking about NFS.

I kinda like gt4 back on the ps2 but that's when i was a console fan but with gt5 it's just not even catching my eye because they have spent to much time making it look so nice it has lost the novelty effect of being a new toy to play with, with the ps3 slim still being so pricey i will miss this game and wait for something new to replace it on the pc (rTractor 2 comes to mind).

If you don't wanna buy the PS3 then just say it without those redicolous excuses, please 299$ too pricey for what the console offers?? God
Quote from rc10racer :It could be if you wanted to.

GT is a sim, just like Forza and Shift, this is what i dont get about people complaining about console games not being sims. The problem is they dont simulate things to a deep enough level that its true to life.
Nobody here can say that LFS is true to life, and yet we call it a sim without batting an eyelid about it.
Just a soundbite from Wikipedia:
"Simulation is the imitation of some real thing, state of affairs, or process. The act of simulating something generally entails representing certain key characteristics or behaviours of a selected physical or abstract system."

Thats exactly what these games do, however the depth and accuracy is always going to be completely different, and for the games mentioned at the top, they're designed to appeal to a broad market, whereas LFS & iRacing try and be as close to real as they can acheive.

As for pricey, it would have been cheaper to buy a PS3 slim or otherwise, to act as a media center, rather than go out and buy a media pc case and the gubbins to go into it, which you've since given up on. Considering the money you've spent on gfx cards, consoles are comparatively a bargin. Not so if you only want it for 1 game, but considering you bought the media pc as a media pc, which the PS3 is capable of doing, yet you paid slightly more for the PC... so you would have been quids in.
<Off topic>
<rant>

Man, I just got GTPSP, and it sure is crap... in a way. Why do I feel that my lap times are faster? Did they make the physics more arcade-y? PD should take off the 'real driving simulator' subtitle from all their upcoming GT games, because simply put, they are dumbing down the physics to, what, please more 'racers' who grew up with NFS? PD, like EA, is now making GT business for them, and not in a good way. Seriously, I like the first 3 GT's than this (Physics wise).

Another thing that Polyphony is advertising is 800+ cars for the game. Why? Most of the cars they added were, as you may come to know, different versions (i.e. the Clio and the Lutecia, the Japanese version of the Clio which is exactly the same) of the same car. The only true additions were probably less than 20 cars, and the rest just different countries and such.

About the whole game though, I liked getting back to my roots and completing the driving missions. However, I did not like the idea of having no career mode, because it makes the game's lifespan really short. And with the ever-changing dealerships, it was hard to appreciate racing in single player because you rarely had the chance to buy the cars you want, and you'd have to keep saving the money when it wasn't on sale.

All in all, GTPSP is a decent game, just a lot of things went wrong with it.

</rant>
</off topic>

@ pics

:O

I want a PS3.
Try driving with what is "Professional" physics in GT PSP. They handle a lot more proper than standard. The dealerships is annoying, but I'm having fun doing math to see what's the best /hour earner (So far Mercedes SLK / Nurby is my best... 600,000 / hour). I enjoy it, for anything more than the ability for me to play GT4/GT5 hybrid wherever I am on this planet.

I enjoy it quite a lot actually, more than I thought I would.

Also, the AI are a lot more clever. You can do a lot of random moves and instead of (in GT style) ramming you, they will apply brakes and avoid you. As well, they're a lot more competitive and willing to overtake, which makes up for the fact there's only 3 of them on track. Something minor I noticed, that even GT5P doesn't have.
lol @ the fact that a glorified gameboy doesnt have uber realistic physics
lol @ the fact that you think a PSP is a glorified gameboy.
PSP is pretty much a PS2 Awesome thing, but i don't have a reason to own one, don't know when i would play it.. in the bathroom maybe.
Quote from Boris Lozac :PSP is pretty much a PS2 Awesome thing, but i don't have a reason to own one, don't know when i would play it.. in the bathroom maybe.

PSP is pretty much any console, awesome thing, wait no...
And some more new shots.. (btw, wtf with this track already?! )

Man, that definitely looks good *drool*.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG