The online racing simulator
Quote from bunder9999 :especially when that damage system sucks... can you flip the car on it's roof yet? can you drive the car into a wall without the game magically turning the wheel for you?

The damage system in games like FM3 is pretty basic. You get these little yellow or red damage indicators on your hud. Visually you get some scratches and dents. But you can still crash into a wall at 150mph and keep driving like nothing happened.

Online in public games damage is turned off by default which indicates people don't care about it as much as we think.
he mentioned driving , hitting your car, and not being able to drive it anymore... ill look for were i found it.
Quote from jibber :For a GT5 car, that looks really bad IMO. I'm sure it's just the lightning or something, but it looks bland and washed out compared to previous screens.

The paintjob on RL car is like that.. It's matt (or whatever's the right word )
Quote from jibber :For a GT5 car, that looks really bad IMO. I'm sure it's just the lightning or something, but it looks bland and washed out compared to previous screens.

I don't mind the matte paint but the thing that bothers me most is the detail around the engine area. The metal doesn't look like metal to me.

But I guess they chose this car because of the amount of modeling detail. I like how well made the front lights and the front grill are. There is also a lot of detail in the engine area (not exactly texture-wise but there's a lot of parts in there).
i like that car
Quote from Boris Lozac :The paintjob on RL car is like that.. It's matt (or whatever's the right word )

I think he means parts like the oil cooler and and bolts. I know there not gonna show reflections like chrome, but there just too matte.

Very nice detail though.
Quote from JJ72 :That looks a lot like Forza (Hah)

Until you go in game and Forza looks much worse than it does in screenshots. (Hah)

Also I'll be buggered if Forza has that much attention to detail on any of it's cars.

more detail =/= better, more detail could mean more things to look wrong. Like the pipes and lack of shadow in the internal parts really killed that pic for me. Sometimes less poly but a well done normal map and specular map could yield better result.

And I didn't say it looks like Forza as a compliment, I say it as a critique, That pic has one thing like forza, which is the unnaturalness of it. A lot of detail, quite accurate model but it doesn't look real, even older GT series or the one on PSP has always been able to look very real from a distance even if there isn't a lot of detail in the closeup, and should always look better than Forza, however in this one pic it fails.

I do have to disagree with the last part, Forza does looks better in action than in screenshots.
Quote from JJ72 :more detail =/= better, more detail could mean more things to look wrong.

That is why I said attention to detail. Would you seriously rather have corners cut or proper attention to detail? I know which one I would rather have.

Quote from JJ72 :I do have to disagree with the last part, Forza does looks better in action than in screenshots.

Should have gone to specsavers! :rolleyes:
yawn....getting bored of GT5 crap now its just elitist shite
Quote from trebor901 :yawn....getting bored of GT5 crap now its just elitist shite

Then what are you doing posting in this thread if it bores you so much? rofl
Quote from Gills4life :Then what are you doing posting in this thread if it bores you so much? rofl

He's saying it bores him, d'uh
Quote from obsolum :He's saying it bores him, d'uh

What he said almost gives the solution to his own problem! :yummy:
Quote from Gills4life :That is why I said attention to detail. Would you seriously rather have corners cut or proper attention to detail? I know which one I would rather have

Attention to detail is nothing if you do not have proper textures and lighting to go with it. The carbon texture is distorted and low res, and for some reason you can see right back into the bumper, which isn't right even though the light is shining from the front.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Attention to detail is nothing if you do not have proper textures and lighting to go with it. The carbon texture is distorted and low res, and for some reason you can see right back into the bumper, which isn't right even though the light is shining from the front.

Don't be silly. If you had pictures of this quality of Forza cars, you would see far more problems. I can't believe you can be so picky even though you play Forza and think it's awesome The picture is very high res so you're going to be able to pick out things that you would never have seen otherwise. I can see jagged edges on the wing mirrors and around the lights that I would never have seen if it were in a normal sized screenshot. The carbon fibre texture looks fine when it isn't zoomed right into. I never said GT5 was going to be that perfect. Wow. The point of this is to show just how much attention to detail that PD put into the car, especially with the modelling. To be honest I think the way that the carbon fibre looks on the bonnet there in that pic is down to the shape of the bonnet. It looks fine in this pic of the same car but from the back - http://www.gtpla.net/wp-conten ... megapixel-shots-NEW-2.jpg

Anyway if you want to rave about how poor GT5 looks and will be then why pick on just the one screenshot? Could just be a bad one maybe? Oh wait of course not because GT5 is rubbish and Forza rules the world with it's amazing time travel feature!

http://www.gtpla.net/wp-conten ... megapixel-shots-NEW-4.jpg

lol, the delorian will feel right at home with the rewind feature...
Yeah, the join on the tailgate looks real fantastic. :rolleyes:

I really don't see why you have to keep on bringing FM3 into the discussion though. I have not once brought FM3 into it when discussing the infinity drift car.

You may think it looks super high attention to detail and all that malarky, but i don't, and thats my opinion. If you like the cars to have visible texture joins and lighting errors on your car, then thats fine, i will not try to persuade you otherwise. And yes, you will notice errors like that when playing the game on anything more than a 32 inch television.

Don't get your hopes up too high though. The pictures and videos shown of GT5 are known to be fettled with, as were FM3's, so it won't look exactly like that when you come to play it.
Even Prologue looks close, and that's with 200,000 polygons less than what they are using in the full version apparently. I know I won't be disappointed mate because I already think that Prologue looks superb.
Quote from Gills4life :Even Prologue looks close, and that's with 200,000 polygons less than what they are using in the full version apparently.

Notice that last word? Get used to it with all the crap that comes out of Yamauchis mouth so often.

If your happy with the graphics in Prologue then thats fine. As for me though, i prefer to have some anti aliasing and spectators not standing upright at 50 degree angles.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Notice that last word? Get used to it with all the crap that comes out of Yamauchis mouth so often.

If your happy with the graphics in Prologue then thats fine. As for me though, i prefer to have some anti aliasing and spectators not standing upright at 50 degree angles.

Well so far the ingame gameplay from the demos has looked much smoother than Prologue with more anti-aliasing too. I don't need to get used to anything thanks. I can't believe you're on about Yamauchi talking crap to be honest. He is generally quite quiet and usually if he says anything it is mis-translated. Compare that with Dan Greenawalt who could chat shit for the USA if it were an olympic event!
Quote from Gills4life :Well so far the ingame gameplay from the demos has looked much smoother than Prologue with more anti-aliasing too. I don't need to get used to anything thanks. I can't believe you're on about Yamauchi talking crap to be honest. He is generally quite quiet and usually if he says anything it is mis-translated. Compare that with Dan Greenawalt who could chat shit for the USA if it were an olympic event!

lol, exactly.. with FM's PR bullshi* like "the ONLY simulator on the market" and crap like that.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG