The online racing simulator
ARGH what's the point in having a "leave in a safe place service" if they don't ****ing listen!
Fack, you, Gills.

Where are you getting your ps3/game from pearcy, by a jetski across Pacific ocean?
It's partly mine and the couriers fault, both times when they attempted delivery noone was in, the second time i did leave a note saying put it in the shed! Which was ignored!
How are these online time trial leaderboards going to work then?, surely they can't have a leaderboard for every car, so how are they going to divide the cars up?, its not like they can do it per class (PP).....
Why wouldn't they have it for all cars? I sincerely hope everything will be locked, meaning comfort tires for weaker cars, sports tires for medium power ones, and racing for race cars and high power cars, none of the driving aids allowed and abs allowed at 1 for the cars that do have it.
That would be perfect..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Why wouldn't they have it for all cars?

Because all cars and all tracks would mean about 50'000+ different leaderboards.....
Still don't see an issue.. Game remembers the times when you drive in time-trial, but just offline.. they just have to translate that to online.
Offline is a little different, I just wonder if they have the server-side capability for over 50'000 different leaderboards, don't forget the server issues they had when the game was first released......
Prologue also had PD sponsored monthly online time trials for tuned cars. Usually with either a PP cap or a specific car and setup on a certain track.

And races as well, I expected these to be in GT5, hope they will be soon
Quote from danowat :Offline is a little different, I just wonder if they have the server-side capability for over 50'000 different leaderboards, don't forget the server issues they had when the game was first released......

Yeah i got you.. but still, that's just numbers, although it would have to keep the replays downloadable too, hmm.. now i see the problem..
I'd like groups of racers to be able to set up their own leaderboards with any car and to be able to share the use of that same car, but I'm not bothered about a leaderboard for every single car/track combo. Perhaps if they "just" used Premium cars (and not all, just one Nascar etc) it would be an acceptable way to cut the numbers a bit.
Something is wrong with the Caterham Fireblade in this game.

It's specs suggest it should be much faster than it is, but the engine is so lethargic, like maybe the flywheel is too heavy or something....
Quote from CoolColJ :Something is wrong with the Caterham Fireblade in this game.

It's specs suggest it should be much faster than it is, but the engine is so lethargic, like maybe the flywheel is too heavy or something....

It's not fun either is it?
It doesn't even handle sharply, it feels like there's an invisible bigger car sat on top of it.

My favourite current car is the Tommy Kaira ZZ-S. Comfort soft tyres, NA tuned to 250ish bhp, stock suspension, LSD.....so balanced.
Somebody was asking about the Lime Green colour of the real Ford Focus RS

Well the Ford Mach 1 premium has a similar lime green colour - I think
It looks more staturated on my PS3's side of the monitor, not so on my calibrated PC side though
The Dodge Challanger RT10 premium has a brighter version
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :ARGH what's the point in having a "leave in a safe place service" if they don't ****ing listen!

I don't think you would be able to fit a PS3 well concealed under a welcome mat though.
Quote from CoolColJ :Something is wrong with the Caterham Fireblade in this game.

could be the super long gear ratio.
Seems I got my christmas present early. And paid for it.

But then, the jaguar does look nice, allthough the chrome line classic cars are a tad pointless as you can't drive them in the classic cups (plus, the paintjobs look silly).
DLC is region specific, so I doubt they will work on EU and US GT5s.
I don't think the Japanese didn't got these cars in their special edition

You can get the XJ13 from the Facebook promo thing, for EU GT5s
Quote from CoolColJ :Somebody was asking about the Lime Green colour of the real Ford Focus RS

Well the Ford Mach 1 premium has a similar lime green colour - I think
It looks more staturated on my PS3's side of the monitor, not so on my calibrated PC side though
The Dodge Challanger RT10 premium has a brighter version

Thanks, the Challenger has the shade of green I was looking for.
Anyone unlock the warehouse/hangar and wind tunnel photo mode locations yet?

They're both shown in the Apex book, on p.186

I just finished B-Specing a Super GT race on Fuji. I entered my best driver and a rookie in my Stealth NSX GT500. So it was a fairly even race. Talk about a battle to finish line, finished in first by 6 seconds, and my lead driver had no strength and mental left, tyres were worn out and he was sliding on every corner

I could have entered my Mazada 787b, but where the fun in that?!

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG