The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :Who gives a sh*t about standard cars..

Thats the thing though, they should have really been left out, but the only reason they've left them in is for the "1000 cars!" marketing ploy.
Agree... now they are trool food.
:talktohan
Im still going to enjoy this game even if CTRL+C and CTRL+V ruined it. Lazy japanese people.
Quote from danowat :Thats the thing though, they should have really been left out, but the only reason they've left them in is for the "1000 cars!" marketing ploy.

On the other hand, had they been left out everyone would be moaning about the lack of cars right now.

I guess I'm fine with the standard cars. More variety is good and I'm willing to make sacrifices if it means I can have a grid of different cars that all do competitive laptimes.

Vain
Quote from Vain :On the other hand, had they been left out everyone would be moaning about the lack of cars right now.

Meh, got to moan about something though, right?
I'm fine with standard cars. at least 50% of the cars from GT4 are decent looking. I would be heading towards premium cars, but I won't completely ignore standard cars.
I don't get why they couldn't have just done 1000 Forza 3 level cars instead of 200 supposedly uber realistic cars. Hell the Forza cars would look awsome with the GT5 graphics engine. The cockpits on Forza 3 are fine. And in 6 years they could have made possibly over 1000 Forza 3 level cars. Hell the Forza 3 devs did it in about what was it 2 years.
I don't mind the standard cars either, although I did expect them to be atleast re-modelled for GT5 even if they left the interior out. Perhaps some kind of "AI only uses premium cars" setting would have been nice, just to make sure replays aren't filled with cars like that Peugeot, but I guess there wouldn't have been enough variation with just the premium cars for all the races. :/
Quote from Luke.S :I don't get why they couldn't have just done 1000 Forza 3 level cars instead of 200 supposedly uber realistic cars. Hell the Forza cars would look awsome with the GT5 graphics engine. The cockpits on Forza 3 are fine. And in 6 years they could have made possibly over 1000 Forza 3 level cars. Hell the Forza 3 devs did it in about what was it 2 years.

No thanks, i doubt i will get to seriously drive these 200, let alone a 1000.. when i say seriously, i mean chasing the WR seriously..
that literally looks like it was done in ms. paint

but if they did leave out the standard cars everybody would be like "where did all teh time g0?!!?11"

or if they did make them premium, it would take longer..
I don't like the cockpit view by virtue of the Forza-alike magic steering wheel with its stupidly small range. It looks too odd for me. I'd rather they didn't draw the driver at all and let the wheel turn properly.

As impressive as the premium cars look in photos, I kind of wish they hadn't bothered at all. Especially when there are a few little things missing which I consider more important than graphics which are mostly only a bit better for most of the time. Would I swap all the premium cars for their standard equivalents plus tracks that we were hoping would be included? In a heartbeat.
Quote from DevilDare :Come on now.

Yes, photomode looks "godly", but its a racing game.... Photomode is kind of useless when cars that you actually play look like something from PS2.

What do you mean, don't count the standards, premiums look pretty much like this in the race too..
Oh yes, now its, "dont count the standards". What happened to the, "oh my god 1k cars!!!" from couple months ago?
Well it wasn't me who said that.. You're beeing childlish you all, if it was any other game you wouldn't say a word.. 200, two houndred absolutely gorgeous cars? Not enough? Plus more via DLC..
Bring it on, i'm ready.

Dayyumm, you can hook it to a PS3 eh?
Quote from Boris Lozac :Dayyumm, you can hook it to a PS3 eh?

Only in 720p, but it still looks very nice (due to the scaler box, i guess the screen could handle more)!

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG