The online racing simulator
Playing GT5 back to back with iRacing - to test the squash ball under the DFGT's brake pedal mod (which works rather well!) - GT5's force feedback and physics is not a miles apart from iRacing at all. GT5 even has all the bumps and chatter like iRacing, depending on the car off course. Some tracks and cars have it more so then others, stiffer suspensions will feel it more.

Both games feel quite similar IMO

You need to squeeze the squash ball in and push it as far down under the pedal arm as you go

In iRacing when you calibrate it first without, and then put it in, and leave the calibration as before, you can set the brake curve to 1, ie linear and you'll never lock your brakes again

With GT5, because it is calibrated it every time you start the game, by fully depressing it, you need to remove the ball and then put it back afterwards. Or you can leave it in, and press as hard as you can, but then you won't have the full range. You'll still have much better feel either way

-----

testing the RUF RGT (new purchase) on Indy road couyse was in interesting. It has loads of grip if you feed in the accelerator, I guess due to the rear engine layout. I was expecting more back end swing, but I didn't notice anymore than usual. Front end feel light though. Need to drive it differently.

Once you get a custom LSD with 60% locking, it just hammers out of turns! Plus a good suspension setup with more camber at the rear. I drove it around this track faster than my LFA :o

Replays look like crap though - standard model and not one of the good ones :/
Yeah... i started playing now without abs on all cars, brake bias usually 5:3, and it's much better! ABS ruins the game imo, it just works too well, and beeing that you can have it on cars 40 years old, kinda makes me feel it's not working like the real abs but like another unrealistic driving aid..
And Force Feedback at 3.. i actually have MORE feedback now, i think the higher you go the more fake effects you're getting and they kill the real feedback, pretty much like those fake effects in Control Panel..
I ****ing hate how slow this game is.
Really, the used car shit does not give me the cars I need to race... AAAAARGHHHH
Quote from chanoman315 :I ****ing hate how slow this game is.
Really, the used car shit does not give me the cars I need to race... AAAAARGHHHH

Feel your pain. As I can't bring myself to skip races until I go to the next tier, I'm stuck at amateur, allthough I could already race the expert series just because no friggin truck turns up in the used car dealership.

But then I found this, which I had to buy for collecting reasons (pic not by me):
Coleus, add me to PSN. I'll gift you my X-Runner sometime this weekend.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Yeah... i started playing now without abs on all cars, brake bias usually 5:3, and it's much better! ABS ruins the game imo, it just works too well, and beeing that you can have it on cars 40 years old, kinda makes me feel it's not working like the real abs but like another unrealistic driving aid..
And Force Feedback at 3.. i actually have MORE feedback now, i think the higher you go the more fake effects you're getting and they kill the real feedback, pretty much like those fake effects in Control Panel..

5:3 is probably too much unless your running race tyres.

I find 4:3 or 4:2 ok for sports tyres and heavier cars down to 3:1 for lighter cars and less grippy tyres
Just watch your tyre indicator and you'll know when it's right

Cars definitely slide more if try and trail brake with ABS off.
With ABS set to 5-10 you can trail brake deep into turns and keep control but you lose braking power

4:3 works perfect for the Veyron I was testing today on High Speed Ring right after I won it
The brakes won't lock until your under 50kph
On this setting with my squash ball mod under the brake pedal, the rears will lock a faction later after the fronts do.
IF you brake on the slope of the turn after the straight, the wheels near the top of the slope lock up first - nice touch
The unweighted side of the car

---

nice tip

Quote : If you want to preview your car in several different colors all you have to do is go to the paint shop and start painting. Try as many colors as you want. Each time the chip disappears and you lose $2,000. But none of this is real until you exit. So once you decide what paint you want, use the ps button to exit the game WITHOUT SAVING. When you restart the game the car is unpainted, the chips are still there, and so is your money.

anyone has a really good video track guide for the rome track? in a competition now and need to shave 0.6 off my time.
Well i got it : |

First it wouldn't eject so i looked on the internets and couldn't find anything, after 15mins i looked at the PS3 again and realised it didn't have a tray :doh:

System update is taking an age...

One of my triggers keeps popping off.

Can't get the HDMI to work.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Well i got it : |

First it wouldn't eject so i looked on the internets and couldn't find anything, after 15mins i looked at the PS3 again and realised it didn't have a tray :doh:

welcome to the world of plug and pray.
All working apart from the Updates, 55% done

Is there a list of LFS'ers PSN's anywhere?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Well i got it : |

You monitor/TV needs to be HDCP compliant, otherwise HDMI won't work.
I use component for that reason, or you could buy a HDCP stripper, not cheap, like HD fury
No. PS3 will still output HDMI to non HDCP monitors.. however I think it only will do 720p or less.
God, this game shines when you do some serious hotlapping.. just did Academy combo, stock 370z on Indy Road course, Comfort Soft tires, abs off, brake bias 3:1 (thanks CoolCol) and man it's awesome.. those STUPID events and races in the "career" can put you off of it and make you think it's another crap arcade game..
Who doesn't have an at least 720p HD monitor or TV? I mean I bought a 19inch widescreen from Sainsburys in 2007 for £120.....COME ON!

I got gold in all the Sebastian "Uhhhhhh" Loeb challenges which is very nice

Working my way through winning some champsionships in my very nicely modified Lambo Gallardo LP560-4 in order to win a Miura in order to do the european and world classic car championships.

Does anyone want to gift his kubelwagen I sold mine and I regret it.
gt5 is a piece of piss...

once you knock off all the " aids " like TCS... your laughing.

forza is a glitchers paradise
At least in Forza there wasn't a license challenge where if you crash into a wall, you get gold
It's a glitch. They happen. That challenge was pretty damn hard though normally (took me a good hour).
Quote from theirishnoob :gt5 is a piece of piss...

Is that some kind of an irish way of telling a compliment? Sounds like an insult
Quote from Boris Lozac :Is that some kind of an irish way of telling a compliment? Sounds like an insult

lol he means it's easy

One thing I've found annoying is the way that when you go to practice mode, and decide to have a "one make race", you always end up against totally standard versions of whatever car you're in, which makes it pointless.
So it's easy if you 'knock off' the driving aids? or knock off means crank up?

Anyway, Burgundy metallic rules!

427 Cobra + Comfort hard + Test track = fun

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG