The online racing simulator
At first the beginner AMG challenges were fun, now just a PITA. Done all B spec licence and a few of the special's, all gold so far
Acura DN-X concept '02 car is a pretty awesome hybrid
The battery recharges when you brake or go off gas

You get it from winning some event. Feels interesting, torquey because of the electric motor. 4WD but handles and drifts more like a MR car

Looks OK once repainted to rid the car of the dual tone paint. White seems to suit it nicely

---

AI takes me for a ride

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7RA7irCeCI
God damn the aston 1000m i think it might ruin my 100% gold
Quote from CoolColJ :Acura DN-X concept '02 car is a pretty awesome hybrid
The battery recharges when you brake or go off gas

You get it from winning some event. Feels interesting, torquey because of the electric motor. 4WD but handles and drifts more like a MR car

Looks OK once repainted to rid the car of the dual tone paint. White seems to suit it nicely

---

AI takes me for a ride

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7RA7irCeCI

Is this the 1st time you've actually driven that?

It was a lot better in GT Concept.
Quote from LineR32 :Is this the 1st time you've actually driven that?

It was a lot better in GT Concept.

Yes, but you know the physics are better in GT5, so it's even more interesting here.
Quote from CoolColJ :Yes, but you know the physics are better in GT5, so it's even more interesting here.

I guess so.

PD messed that car up in GT4, I'll have to buy it next time I see in the used car lot on GT5.
Hey guys.
Well, I want to know if it is worth buying GT5. I have black ops, and I play that quite abit, and LFS. And really, I have never loved GT, mainly because of no damage, but they have fixed that now. So i'm just wondering if it is addicting and good enough for me to actually play it more than 10 minuts a week?
Thanks,
zay
Quote from Zay :And really, I have never loved GT, mainly because of no damage, but they have fixed that now.

errr they haven't.

it will give you the most intensive addiction for a week, then you finish 80% of the content, retrieve your life, and have it as an occasional track day sim. The isn't a whole lot of gameplay in here, but with so many tracks and cars, you can create your own experience.
Quote from LineR32 :I guess so.

PD messed that car up in GT4, I'll have to buy it next time I see in the used car lot on GT5.

Don't bother you win it, that's how I got mine

---

re Damage - online only for the moment, and cosmetic for offline
Quote from JJ72 :The isn't a whole lot of gameplay in here, but with so many tracks and cars, you can create your own experience.

Exactly this, if you're the kind of person that can aprecciate the incredible ammount of combos to explore, then it can entertain you for years to come.. physics with a right combo and all aids off, are really awesome, i enjoy doing hotlaps as much as i did in LFS.. it can really be a proper sim.
Or play online
Quote from CoolColJ :Or play online

To be perfectly frank, i don't think i will ever get some serious online experience from this game.. in constant doses, like i did with lfs. There's just something in the air about it that people don't take it seriously online, that sense of never having damage prior to this version certainly had an impact. And it just doesn't work like i thought it would in the beggining There was practically NO lag, now more and more i'm seeing funny movements from the cars, as soon as there's more then 4 or 5 people in the room..
Hope i'm wrong and there will be some organized leagues and stuff in the feature..
Quote from Boris Lozac :To be perfectly frank, i don't think i will ever get some serious online experience from this game.. in constant doses, like i did with lfs. There's just something in the air about it that people don't take it seriously online, that sense of never having damage prior to this version certainly had an impact. And it just doesn't work like i thought it would in the beggining There was practically NO lag, now more and more i'm seeing funny movements from the cars, as soon as there's more then 4 or 5 people in the room..
Hope i'm wrong and there will be some organized leagues and stuff in the feature..

I had some awesome races in Prologue, this year, once all the casual crowd moves on, or once people finish up the single player side of things, online will pickup. Especially with Japanese folks

A lot of the laggy aspects are due to either people running in Wifi mode, wired is much better, and they just don't have the bandwidth to do it.
Look at the quality settings - the stars, you want this to be full or 1 star down, this determines how many packects are sent.
And the bars on the right show the latency to you
they need proper class restriction or at least some PP restriction until public racing will work, and enable all tires online as well, it's very often someone has to log off because he doesn't have the exact same compound, plus buying all 9 tires for all your cars in the garage is just too expensive.
Quote from JJ72 :they need proper class restriction or at least some PP restriction until public racing will work, and enable all tires online as well, it's very often someone has to log off because he doesn't have the exact same compound, plus buying all 9 tires for all your cars in the garage is just too expensive.

Yeah, I just did a SuperGT race on Fuji and Suzuka with some Japanese guys, in my Stealth NSX GT500 and I'm on racing Hards, and wondering why everyone is pulling away... turns out they must of been on racing mediums and softs...

Since racing hards was all I had, that's what I used.
The arcade cars have all tyres available though
It's twitchy as hell and i just don't care. roughly 690bhp and 1100kg.

Yeah it's handful, but a beautiful car

Finally finished off the Kart stuff, and the final race on Autumn ring mini was heaps of fun, and felt really good, the other tracks not so much. The curbs really upset the balance of the karts.
Now I'm itching to try it against humans online

Motor Sports land from GT4 would have made a nice kart track
What mentalist decided it would be a good idea to ONLY allow you to change tyres in the "driving options" before the race, and nowhere else....not even in the tuning section.....

Ouuuffff
Quote from CoolColJ :re Damage - online only for the moment, and cosmetic for offline

Damage works in splitscreen mode as well. Pretty realistic damage and effects - damaged bumpers/bodywork sway and some break-off damage... A door flew off the Suzuki WRC car
Can someone makes some videos or pictures of the new damage effects?
Quote from The Very End :Can someone makes some videos or pictures of the new damage effects?

Well this is what the effects of damage are when online for a normal premium street car. I made this video did a few weeks ago, can't believe it's got 20k views already

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaBZaFp0RQQ

I also totally smashed the rear end and wing of my LFA when I cart wheeled on Daytona, but normal crashes don't seem to do as much damage
Thanks for the videos
Looks good, wish there was more damage to the car bodies tho. Bumpers get smashed and such, but seems there is no damage to the actually car shape?
Quote from The Very End :Thanks for the videos
Looks good, wish there was more damage to the car bodies tho. Bumpers get smashed and such, but seems there is no damage to the actually car shape?

Only slight deformation. My Stealth Mclaren F1 got T-Boned on the Top Gear track at the crossover point and the side did get deformed and decals got scrapped off

Quote from The Very End :Thanks for the videos

Be aware the damage is tiered.

Premium race / rally models - most
Premium production - mid (although I still see very little on production models)
Standards - least (although I think there is more deformation on standards than premium production)

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG