The online racing simulator
Quote from G!NhO :I am going to buy PS3 Eye Toy.

it has a Mic built in as well, so you can use that for online game chatting
webcam, still and SD video at 60 fps

works on the PC too
Quote from CoolColJ :it has a Mic built in as well, so you can use that for online game chatting
webcam, still and SD video at 60 fps

works on the PC too

ps3 eye doesnt work with pc the ps2 one does
Quote from brt900 :ps3 eye doesnt work with pc the ps2 one does

Yes it does, my friend has it on PC..
wow how i heard it is un pcabble i use my old eyetoy with pc never knew i coudl use ps eye
Not officially, but you can now

http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/2921/

edit
http://boardsus.playstation.co ... ps3&thread.id=3353515

http://codelaboratories.com/downloads

Quote :For the people that can't install the PS3Eye in latest windows 7 x64:

1- Install the lastest drivers "PS3Eye Camera Setup v3.0.0.0901" (thanks to AlexP).

2- Plug your cam. Windows says it cant find the drivers.

3- Go to Device Manager and find your cam (for me USB camera-B3.04.06.1). Right click and select update software driver, select install software driver manually.

4- Then explore to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\AlexP .

5. Follow instructions.

ive already done it now ive just not been keeping up to date with playstation but its a huge improvement over eye toy off ps2
Finally I had a chance to try demo with dfgt. First the ffb had to be adjusted, I ended up with settings: simulation, power steering on and 7.

Had only 13-15 laps in stock 370z and ended up with 1:50:1 and after 5 laps in tuned 1:38:9. Also done some drifting in stock and race version.

First of all, I think the graphics were absolutely awesome. On screenshots it didn't look so smooth, audiences didn't look good as sprites, trees seemed shit, but when driving it all blends in an awesome way. It's best looking racer there is definitely.

Now the ffb.. It is good, especially after turning on powersteering, as it improved countersteering, but still somethings is wrong. Something during drifting, the ffb doesn't aid you the way it should exactly. In real life you don't really think how far will the wheel countersteer when you let it spin or throw it. In GT5TT I had to be very careful when countersteering. Over all I had to be "on my toes" to not spin out when drifting. But the way drift ended sometimes and the way I could exit the corner with power on - it felt nice. It's just as I've said - sometimes it felt nice, but sometimes it bited for reasons I can't explain.

In stock 370z:

Low speed physics definitely were improved, which I am very happy about. I could do circles and 8 figures in second gear, could do some 2nd gear swinging too. Also the sequence of 3 corners at the end could be linked in a drift. It felt pretty good, but it often definitely was too snappy and not stable enough. It almost felt like sometimes something happend in a scripted way, and sometimes it felt realistic.

During racing slides could be controlled nicely. But sometimes things were getting out of control quite weirdly.

Race 370z:

It was super fun to drive it, I could feel the tires nicely and suprisingly the tires were more forgiving after the limit than street tires in stock version. I never drove with slick tires in real life as a driver in a car so I won't comment on that.

Sound:

In my opinion engine sounds were really nice. Tire sound were okay too, but they didn't give much feedback. Tires were making too much noise when they shouldn't and too little when they should. Rather than giving feedback, I felt they were making things only harder.

Also I didn't like the feel of understeer. It just feels off.

Going back to the good things, suspension movement gives very good immersion while driving, I liked it a lot.

To sum it up,

+ very good graphics
+ nice sounds
+ good physics, which I feel can be improved and I hoped they will be for the full version.
+ fun factor, addicting

- understeer feels off
- tire sounds give wrong feedback
- physics over the limit especially during drifting often feel wrong and too unforgiving
- tires feel bit too much like a solid material and not like tires.

If physics and ffb will be improved in full version of gran turismo 5, then I think I will buy myself a ps3 + GT5.
Nice review, sums it up nice.. Sometimes it feels off, but the important thing is that most of the time it's giving you that proper physics and ffb feeling, like the best PC sims, at least to me.
You gotta accept the fact that this game will be played with controller in 95% of population, and Kazunori IMO did an awesome job to give the rest of us a very good sim.
if they can get the drift physics to feel like Enthusia it would be just about perfect for me

I just got that this week for the PS2 and it feels really nice on a steering wheel. I have never had so much fun drifting the 180sx around Tsukuba. It just feels right. Good feeling of speed too.
I forgot one thing, my mini review wouldn't be complete if I didn't compare the demo to forza 3. I just played forza 3 again now and even though msff is a shit product I felt more connected with the steering. Tire sounds gave a whole lot more feedback, I always understood why understeer happend, why oversteer happend. Feels like the tires are working, can feel how grip changes in each tire literally (and see in telemetry). But then I've already played forza 3 a lot so I am very used to it and know how to get feedback from it. Therefor it's hard to judge. I am not sure if over 1 hour of driving in gt5tt was enough.

To me GT5TT wins in graphics, suspension movement, replays, 900 degrees. Forza 3 in physics, sounds, feedback. Ofcourse GT5TT still has good physics, good sounds and good feedback. While Forza 3 also has good graphics, good suspension movement, good replays and no 900 degrees.

And both games give a very good fun factor to me. Plus I'm hoping physics will improve in GT5. I think it's fair to say we have two winners here. As far as I am concerned, I would like to own both.

Quote from CoolColJ :if they can get the drift physics to feel like Enthusia it would be just about perfect for me

I just got that this week for the PS2 and it feels really nice on a steering wheel. I have never had so much fun drifting the 180sx around Tsukuba. It just feels right. Good feeling of speed too.

I loved enthusia when I had ps2. It definitely was the most realistic driving game on ps2.
kamkor are you using a 5.1 system for GT5? If not, that's why it sounds bad. The downmix to stereo is just terrible, but with a proper 5.1 or 7.1 system, you know EXACTLY what your tyres are doing, it's much more immersive than any other games I've played, including GTA IV and Bioshock, which are both excellent in the sound department.
I think it was 2.1. I didn't say it sounds bad. The way it sounds overall and feedback from sound are two things to me. As quoted:

Quote from kamkorPL :In my opinion engine sounds were really nice. Tire sound were okay too, but they didn't give much feedback.
+ nice sounds
+ good physics, which I feel can be improved and I hoped they will be for the full version.

Quote from kamkorPL :Ofcourse GT5TT still has(...) good sounds.

As far as feedback sounds are giving is concerned. I guess it indeed is better on 5.1 and 7.1 sound system. But on 2.1 feedback from tires is bad. 5.1 or 7.1 would have to really do wonders to make it good to me, as there are times were tires are just too loud and times when they are too quiet.

On the other hand there are other games that give me very good feedback on 2.1 and headphones, so it can be done.

To clear things out on 2.1 system or headphones without comparing to other games:
+ engines sound very nice
+ tires sound okay
- tires give bad feedback.
That Toyota has a god awful cockpit..
I noticed a big ass shadow on the Indy curved bank that was not in the time trial! Variable time of day?

CES GT5 Demo Menu Screens and Options
http://bit.ly/85JznB
The menu looks pretty cool.
Just HOW can majority of the players in the preview videos be such useless monkeys when it comes to driving? I mean, where do they find these people?
Quote from Matrixi :I mean, where do they find these people?

In wastebin, of course.

That HKS Lancer made me

Also big lulz @ gamespot which put GT5 in category "GT / Street Racing"
under the clipped audio you can hear the improved sounds. Loving the rumble of the SLS. Sounds just like the various V8 AMG cars I've heard around here!
Quote from Shadowww :In wastebin, of course.

That HKS Lancer made me

Also big lulz @ gamespot which put GT5 in category "GT / Street Racing"

They might as well because so far nearly all of the videos we got to see are in the damn city track.
Quote from DevilDare :They might as well because so far nearly all of the videos we got to see are in the damn city track.

But Street Racing is illegal racing on non-race-prepared streets, look at NFS U2 for example
Quote from Shadowww :But Street Racing is illegal racing on non-race-prepared streets, look at NFS U2 for example

Nah, that is a race prepared track. There are big arrows you can't go through (while the traffic can!) An un-prepared track can be found in the Midnight Club racing games with no arrows to stop crash into if you have a poor sense of direction.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG