The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :At what level do you keep your FF? I set it up at 7 cause a friend told me it's best.. but now i'm reading on GTP that anything above 1 or 2 adds those canned effects, you know the ones we disable in Control Panel for PC sims..

3-4, same as the time trial for me. On 5 it feels like my work van without power steering... my Impreza feels way lighter than that, closer to 3.
Although the heaviness varies from car to car in the game.
Quote from BlueFlame :No, the fact you flamed Forza at all. In many cases Forza is a complete game. Not a public beta like GT5 seems to be.

You're wrong about the flaming.. that was more like complete borredom at work, and completely flameless intentions believe me.. I honestly don't care about Forza..
Quote from brandons48 :BlueFlame@ At the main GTLife screen, go over to community, find one of your buddies, and if they're racing online there will be a little exclamation mark by the "lounge" icon (I think it's a coffee mug) and if you select that you can join them.

I believe that if someone has that green light on their icon in community, they are playing online as well?

Because I see plenty of friends and guys here that are online in the PSN, and they are playing GT5, but they appear to be off line in the community display. I assume that means they are playing the single player side of the game
Quote from Boris Lozac :You're wrong about the flaming.. that was more like complete borredom at work, and completely flameless intentions believe me.. I honestly don't care about Forza..

Well whatever, it's the past anyway, I just found it ironic.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from BlueFlame :I just found it ironic.

Well i would too if you found me proof about me flaming the Forza damage
Quote from Boris Lozac :Well i would too if you found me proof about me flaming the Forza damage

I didn't say you flamed Forza's Damage, I said you flamed Forza in general. Just found it ironic that you were excitable over damage modelling that has been Evident in the Forza series for some time. Do you not see how this is ironic?
Quote from BlueFlame :I didn't say you flamed Forza's Damage, I said you flamed Forza in general. Just found it ironic that you were excitable over damage modelling that has been Evident in the Forza series for some time. Do you not see how this is ironic?

lol, but i DO NOT care about Forza, why do you keep on bringing it up Like i do not care about rFactor for example, and you say "well isn't it ironic that you're excited about the damage that rFactor had for years?".. you know, i simply don't care.. i'm glad that GT got this damage, cause it will improve online experience tremendously..
Quote from Boris Lozac :lol, but i DO NOT care about Forza, why do you keep on bringing it up Like i do not care about rFactor for example, and you say "well isn't it ironic that you're excited about the damage that rFactor had for years?".. you know, i simply don't care.. i'm glad that GT got this damage, cause it will improve online experience tremendously..

The damage doesn't improve anything. Honestly. :P
It will.... many people seem not to realise what's the whole deal about the damage, it's not about "wow, look how my car is totalled!" it's to create that 'fear' before you try to overtake someone etc.. otherwise everyone jump into risky things too easily knowing that they won't be punished for it..
Quote from Boris Lozac :It will.... many people seem not to realise what's the whole deal about the damage, it's not about "wow, look how my car is totalled!" it's to create that 'fear' before you try to overtake someone etc.. otherwise everyone jump into risky things too easily knowing that they won't be punished for it..

Well the GT5 dodgem style impact physics are enough to scare me out of divebombing to be honest.
GT5
I just figured out you can save replays from online races, when you go to the race results screen
Quote from CoolColJ :I just figured out you can save replays from online races, when you go to the race results screen

Yes, I saved some of my kart races.
Quote from Boris Lozac :GT5

Ummm, bullshots?
You came up with the term, if those silly photo mode pics with their hires reflections and lighting aren't bullshots then what is?

Cars and shadows never look that good in game.
Quote from sinbad :Ummm, bullshots?
You came up with the term, if those silly photo mode pics with their hires reflections and lighting aren't bullshots then what is?

Cars and shadows never look that good in game.

Why bullshots, like you don't have the game yourself Have you raced against Premium cars, they look this good besides you.. reflections and all, offcourse photo mode makes it prettier, but not that much.. some AA and stuff.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Why bullshots, like you don't have the game yourself Have you raced against Premium cars, they look this good besides you.. reflections and all, offcourse photo mode makes it prettier, but not that much.. some AA and stuff.

I agree with Sinbad... Bullshots... And yes, I have GT5 and am addicted to it - I'm at level 22 A-spec so I have plenty racing to know about it, I've also used photomode a fair bit. Especially in replays when you take 'photos' the quality of the car model is considerably better when you hit the 'shoot' button to take the photo than it is in the replay. The difference between in-game and photomode details is the same as Forza in my opinion.
Offcourse it's different, photo mode is actually that, photo mode You get pictures like they were taken with a quality digital camera.. but i'm saying that reflections, ligtning, number of polygons etc.. is pretty much the same.
Quote from BlueFlame :That can't be GT5, the shadow at the bottom is half decent.

It is GT5, i got this car earlier today and was watching my B-Spec driver drive around in it, i was actually shocked at how bad it looks. Although to be fair i've not seen any others as bad as this, yet.
Quote from Migz :It is GT5, i got this car earlier today and was watching my B-Spec driver drive around in it, i was actually shocked at how bad it looks. Although to be fair i've not seen any others as bad as this, yet.

I was joking at the fact the shadow at the bottom isn't a pixelated nightmare that looks like it's from a Sega Master System.
My first proper online race. WRC cars at Laguna Seca

Fairly clean race, apart from the scary first lap on cold tyres, and some incidental contact that looks worse than they felt.

All aids were off apart from ABS. Using a DFGT wheel.
Not sure what settings the race had though, but damage is probably turned off, and maybe track edge grip reduction was set on low - there were a few times I expected to lose control, but it's WRC car after all

During the practise/qualifying laps I did lose control pretty badly a few times. On soft racing tyres, the grip and control is good. On medium sports tyres the car will oversteer sometimes coming out of turns!

The car felt a bit understeery, despite the 30:70 4WD torque split, especially on cold tyres on the first lap. Then the front medium racing tyres started to go off and feel less grippy around the 5th lap. You can see they were more worn out in the tyre display on the upper left.

Pretty close finish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__lrZGAla6A
Why does that look so bad.. cars are all over the place, and transparent cars? Wasn't that only in Prologue?
Quote from Boris Lozac :Why does that look so bad.. cars are all over the place, and transparent cars? Wasn't that only in Prologue?

I said at the video start, the cars go transparent when you get penalities.
Corner cutting and that sort of thing. Your power gets cut for 5 seconds, and your car becomes a ghost.

It can be turned off course, it's up to the host, but on a public lobby people will do anything to win

Cars are all over the place because of either latency, I wasn't playing with local people, or just bad car control
There is also a quality setting the host can set, it determines how many packets are sent, it can be smooth if you have the bandwidth.

The cold tyres on first lap is a pretty big difference in grip and handling, and it catches most people out, hence why people tend to go all the place
That's why I was driving pretty conservatively on the first lap, but some people seemed to have found grip pretty quickly.
Some parts of the viper look a bit rough.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG