The online racing simulator
Quote from Matrixi :Now, you do know those are just from pre-rendered clips?

Yes ofc, but they are still using the same models etc as the real game, almost every video clip for most games are all pre-rendered anyway
Quote :There has been much debate over what the difference between Standard and Premium cars would be in GT5. Speculation has run rampant ever since the distinction was announced, but a new article from Eurogamer got the facts straight from Kazunori Yamauchi's mouth.

Of the 1,000 cars in GT5, 800 will be Standard while 200 will be Premium. As expected, the Standard models will be cars found in GT4 and GTPSP, upscaled and optimized for the PS3, while Premium models will show a ridiculous amount of detail: "every single screw is visible in the hubs, the interiors have been recreated down to the stitching, and their undersides have been comprehensively modelled to take into account a new physics system which, along with allowing for dents and scratches, can sends your ride flipping through the air during collisions."

Unfortunately, there is one more key distinction between the two types of cars: Standard cars will not sport an interior view. This is quite a dissappointment, as one of the key innovations that increased immersion in GT5 was the cockpit. Considering that GT5 has been in development for 5 years, it had been hoped that PD would include interiors on all cars, despite the high car count. Oh well, maybe in GT6?

Maybe I am dumb, but I still don't fully understand this standard vs premium lark
Well by what it says there, it seems the standard version doesn't include an interior or good texturing, whereas the premium includes interiors and good textures or modeling
Quote from danowat :Maybe I am dumb, but I still don't fully understand this standard vs premium lark

Standard Cars: Just like any car from GT4/GTPSP, but made prettier for PS3
Premium Cars: 200 or so cars that have been fully re-created [including interiors and 'full' damage] for GT5.
Yeah, I got that bit, but there is still some ambiguity over the availability of COCKPIT view in the standard models.
Yes, i still don't understand, will those 800 cars have cockpit view or what? I don't care about the back seats and that, just cockpit view.. I will consider wheather to buy it or not if it turns out that only premium cars have cockpit view..
Indeed... just a silly marketing thing.

Would anyone care about having 20 different versions of the Skyline? Don't think so.. I might buy a PS3 for this game though if it's good and not to arcade.
Regarding the 'rally' part and WRC part, it will turn out as i predicted... couple of dusty imaginary tracks and they'll call it a rally What a waste of resources..
Quote from J@tko :Standard Cars: Just like any car from GT4/GTPSP, but made prettier for PS3
Premium Cars: 200 or so cars that have been fully re-created [including interiors and 'full' damage] for GT5.

Well that's gonna really suck if it turns out to be true.

Can anyone explain to me WTF is going on with the front wheels on the TVR??
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Well that's gonna really suck if it turns out to be true.

Whats wrong with them?

I hope all cars atleast have a minimal interior view, like on GT PSP but with some textures and gauges ?
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :

What you mean, cause they're spinning like rear wheels?
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Well that's gonna really suck if it turns out to be true.

glad im not the only one that noticed that...I had to pause and rewatch it to make sure I wasnt seeing things...

other than that it looks impressive...the new tyre sounds are a big improvement too...neat neat neat...
I was talking about the way they are still spinning relatively fastly, when in reality, they would be at an almost stand still when looking at the inside wheel.

@ Drunk. I have a small suspicion the sounds may be dubbed over in typical GT Trailer style. If you watch the trailer again, the Tesla has a roaring engine sound....It's Electric...
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I was talking about the way they are still spinning relatively fastly, when in reality, they would be at an almost stand still when looking at the inside wheel.

@ Drunk. I have a small suspicion the sounds may be dubbed over in typical GT Trailer style. If you watch the trailer again, the Tesla has a roaring engine sound....It's Electric...

it dawned on me that it may be showing that you can do drive-train swaps like in forza...and maybe that car was converted to awd?

I really want to see the game first hand, I have only seen it on youtube and on trailers that are prettied up anyway...
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :it dawned on me that it may be showing that you can do drive-train swaps like in forza...and maybe that car was converted to awd?

I really want to see the game first hand, I have only seen it on youtube and on trailers that are prettied up anyway...

then wouldnt there be tyre smoke from the front tyre?
Quote from brt900 :then wouldnt there be tyre smoke from the front tyre?

that would be ideal, yes
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :@ Drunk. I have a small suspicion the sounds may be dubbed over in typical GT Trailer style. If you watch the trailer again, the Tesla has a roaring engine sound....It's Electric...

I was thinking the same
Quote :Unfortunately, there is one more key distinction between the two types of cars: Standard cars will not sport an interior view.

lame.

Quote :the Standard models will be cars found in GT4 and GTPSP, upscaled and optimized for the PS3.

utter laziness.
There's a thread on GT5 planet, it's a bad translation, as always.. By 'interior' they mean engine bay and stuff..
Live stream of one of the E3 GT5 demo units

http://e3.g4tv.com/e32010/stunt/index.html

Quotes from Darin Gangi of Inside Sim Racing TV fame
They also have a closed door presentation with Kaz today.

Quote :Drove GT5 yesterday at a VIP event that Mercedes Benz was holding. Drove the SLS at a few track. Tokyo, LeMans, Top Gear Test track and we got footage of it all too.. ALso tested it in 3d and it looks amazing ! Met Kazanori too.. Shaun and JEss got pictures with him.. I tried talking to him but I don't think he understood, or knew how to reply in English.

is there damagggen this game?

does anybody know?
Quote from CoolColJ :Live stream of one of the E3 GT5 demo units

http://e3.g4tv.com/e32010/stunt/index.html

Quotes from Darin Gangi of Inside Sim Racing TV fame
They also have a closed door presentation with Kaz today.

thx for stream link. why is this noob going round and round on an oval hitting the wall
So there just going to use the exact same cars as GT4 and GT5p then add 200 premium?

If so thats pretty dud, i was expecting most of the cars to be new or updated versions of what has been on the game before.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG