The online racing simulator
I let Bob drive while doing other stuff

BTW, restrictions removed from 2nd set of seasonals as well, for those having a hard time with the NASCAR @ nurb race
I start a B-Spec race then go to work, and do other things in life. I've been doing the Enduro's on B-Spec to level my guy up. Takes about 2 or 3 of the 9h of Tsukuba to level him now. X1 means he wins by like 250 laps tho
Lol how do you even get that X1??
Level 30 - S. vettel challenge.
Alternatively: Level 35 B-Spec the game gives you one as well.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I start a B-Spec race then go to work, and do other things in life. I've been doing the Enduro's on B-Spec to level my guy up. Takes about 2 or 3 of the 9h of Tsukuba to level him now. X1 means he wins by like 250 laps tho

Pfft, not worth the Co2

I'm becoming more and more put off online at the moment. I just can't find rooms worth connecting to.

If you're not in to Racing Soft Tyres and 750bhp race cars, or Nascar, or Drifting, then you'll be lucky to find a race. I keep having to host with spec "recommended" cars, but a fair chunk of the small number of people ask you to allow other cars/other tyres/etc (why join), and lots more just want to drift whichever rwd car you were foolish enough to choose. I think when they see "comfort" they read "drift".
Meh, my PS3 stays on anyways. Might as well gain some progress.
I have not turn the PS3 on for two days now, I only turn it on to do tire testing and prepare for a monthy endurance between my friends.

The core game is really over for me now.
Quote from sinbad :Pfft, not worth the Co2

I'm becoming more and more put off online at the moment. I just can't find rooms worth connecting to.

If you're not in to Racing Soft Tyres and 750bhp race cars, or Nascar, or Drifting, then you'll be lucky to find a race. I keep having to host with spec "recommended" cars, but a fair chunk of the small number of people ask you to allow other cars/other tyres/etc (why join), and lots more just want to drift whichever rwd car you were foolish enough to choose. I think when they see "comfort" they read "drift".

Agreed, it's really hard to find a decent online race, but they are out there. I had a good little race the other day, my awesome Gallordo vs some new Camaro that had been modified. Unfortunately I was running sports soft (I do have racing soft as well but they're overkill) and it was a lovely dry track. Come the actual race (we were in the pre-race drive about), it was pissing down and I forgot to change to racing-wets (which I assume this Camaro driver had done), and after about 2 laps he was pissing all over me.

I noticed the massive physics difference online but it's not as bad as it has been made out to be. Cars just feel a little heavier and have more of the pendulum effect, I suppose as they would with an extra 100kg of sloshy liquid on board.
I've been racing online every Sunday in the SFS, the racing is pretty good. Last Sunday they had that pile of crap Tesla so I didn't bother racing.

It's being run on ronin-gt.net, I think it's run on the official playstation forums too.
I'm having weird online problems, some people I can see and some people I can't? (on track)

My friend who just lives down the road from me is one of the few I can't see when the on track..

Its really annoying, anyone else been getting this?
Quote from sinbad :Pfft, not worth the Co2

For Super GT racing, check here - gives out a room number whenever a host is up
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=154869

Or just keep an eye here
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=238

I usually seek out and join Japanese rooms. They usually have good combos going, and most can drive properly
My last few online races against them - admittedly they were on soft racing tyres
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB6BU1-WUus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSfURgejQgg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x55_uzVKd84

Or do Karts - lots of fun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5u2OEO39mQ
Especially on London

I haven't been online in a while though.

Once PD sponsored events finally come up, like in Prologue, that will make things better.
And bringing back the PP system will help - this way you can have lighter less powerful cars going against heavier, more powerful cars, which can make for some interesting matchups
What the hell. Mitsubishi I-Miev in a seasonal race
Quote from speed1230 :What the hell. Mitsubishi I-Miev in a seasonal race

LMAO! Apart from the Super GT500 race, I had all of the cars required for all the seasonal races. Despite it have an un-moddable electric motor, you can still do weight reductions and give it better tyres.

Any way, The CTR looks sick in Yellow! The sub-standard cars in the background makes this look sub-premium.
Attached images
N%C3%BCrburgring%2024h.jpg
Quote from Furiously-Fast :LMAO! Apart from the Super GT500 race, I had all of the cars required for all the seasonal races. Despite it have an un-moddable electric motor, you can still do weight reductions and give it better tyres.

Any way, The CTR looks sick in Yellow! The sub-standard cars in the background makes this look sub-premium.

well I would say it looks like shit. :/

The Ruf cars should have been premium.
They look good in motion.

Has anyone noticed cars with missing parts? You put some parts on a car then the next time you turn on your PS3, your car goes back to its original form. Seems like there is a thief targeting my garage.
Only when I applied the Race Modification, after that I had to install some of the already bought upgrades again because the Race Modification uninstalled them.
I might be little late already giving my thoughts about this game but oh well.
My friend bought GT5 so of course I had to test it out. I found that the physics were quite good actually, there wasn't any weird anomalies in the way how cars acted, everything seemed to be ok. I tested out a stock RX-7 in Nurbugring and felt quite quickly that I was confident and able to balance drifting angles quite nicely and do long drifts without that much changing my driving style from driving LFS, rFactor or a real car for that matter. Sometimes it was really hard but that was just because my friend doesn't have a rigid enough table for the G27 and his gaming chair is just horrible for driving. Tho in quick test I think gravel physics had the weird "center axle" effect so that just simply sucks, looks like they did cut some corners here.

So the physics are quite nice, but there are some things what simply ruined this game for me. First of all the most annoying is probably the very weird camera shake effect when using incar camera, I just cannot understand what it is trying to simulate and it just made seeing hard and I bet I even could get a headache from it. So I had to use the roof camera, simply the incar camera was undrivable for me. And why the virtual steering wheel only turns about 180 degrees and lags, even when the actual physical movement in front wheels isn't lagging. Also I found it very weird that G27 used all the 900 degrees to turn front wheels, but the virtual steering wheel stopped somewhere around 540 degrees to the 180 degree position even when the front wheels keep turning until G27 has reached the full 900 lock.
They wanted to include fancy hand animations but I think that it's more important that the virtual wheel turns at the same rate than the controller does. Even having no virtual wheel at all is better than this. I think the rF style with no hands and adjustable rotation is the best solution.

Other than that it didn't really impress or disgust me in any way. Sounds are ok and graphics are ok, but even with all the HD bling or whatsoever I didn't find it much more enjoyable to look at than rF with a nice mod. GT5 gives me a very sterile feeling overall and all the nice cars and driving them doesn't give me any of that car-guy enthusiasm I love. It could be fun sim to drive but those little things pretty much ruined it for me and I definitely wouldn't pay for it. Tho it's not like I even own a PS3 so good thing I don't even have to think about it...
Maybe one of the reasons I'm not a console guy at all is because usually when it comes to PC games everything is quite easily customisable, but when a console game or sim has a flaw you just have to deal with it.
Totally agree with the gravel physics. Only experience with them so far is that license test (A-level?). They're appauling in the truest sense of the word. Tarmac physics are decent. Realistic enough to convey the point, enjoyable even. The RX-7 I found a blast to drive, even in stock form. Same for the Miatas.
Ruf BTR is a lot of fun to drive. makes me wish it had some regular porsches. The RGT has amazing cornering. yellowbird is the BTR on roids and PCP. I am gonna start the suzuka endurance race before i go to bed and hopefully awaken to see that my b-spec drivers have pulled off the W.
clutch and h pattern shifting SUCKS imho.
Quote from logitekg25 :clutch and h pattern shifting SUCKS imho.

Yep, big time. Was the single most disappointing thing in Prologue and it's even more disappointing that it's still unchanged.
Ah yes I forgot to add that in my post. If I remember correctly it didn't allow any fast shifting really and ie. while drifting a fast shift up with keeping the throttle floored was impossible, because GT5 prevents gear from getting in if throttle is pressed.
i honestly lost more races to that, then anything.

and there is no point to it, if the clutch is pressed more then 75% and the shift is physically there, i think it should work.
Quote from logitekg25 :i honestly lost more races to that, then anything.

and there is no point to it, if the clutch is pressed more then 75% and the shift is physically there, i think it should work.

Why not calibrate your clutch so it's very sensitive, that way, 40-50% down the pedal is full clutch anyway, alllows for faster clutch movements.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG