The online racing simulator
The engines seem to need overhauling quite often. Had only 300km on my brand new R35 Spec V and it already needed an overhaul... which cost 47k credits!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Here's my little review after playing it yesterday.

In terms of gameplay it's good enough, no real complaints about physics.

most annoyances come from the menu systems though.

I mean, you win a car and instead of just appearing in your garage with a popup saying "You've won such and such car", it takes 2 minutes to go through a stupid 'ceremony' where the car drives 10ft towards you. I mean what????

And until you do this you can't use the car you've just won.

Apart from that, it's a shame many cars don't have interior views but hey. For £32.99 which is what I paid from Blockbuster I can't complain, well worth a purchase.
Licenses are fun, find myself managing to get 75% silver and about 25% gold which considering it's the first time I've played this in months (played GT5P) it's pretty neat
As for online, no experience so no comment.

*Currently has the silly Black Galanza turbo thing and about 90k in credits. WOOT*. /me knows it's not much.

So far, I have all Gold on Nat B and Nat A. Gonna do Int-C tonight I think.
Quote from danowat :On a lighter note, the random name generator often chucks up some funny names, I was racing a J.Bieber the yesterday, I did chuckle!.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :So far, I have all Gold on Nat B and Nat A. Gonna do Int-C tonight I think.

Nice sir! There are a few challenges I annoyingly can't get a gold in, no matter how hard I try. But thye're so addiciting at the same time ...
B-5 (I think).. the hairpin at Tsukuba was a bitch. I spent a good hour on it, which was funny considering the way I ultimately beat it was late brake, chuck and go.

The other one was the Schumacher-S in A licence.. that one was hard to perfect, but once I got it.. it felt rewarding.
Is there any way to get the AI driver out to practice without doing B races? I just want to mess with him alone to see if he can drift or etc etc with dodgy setups, He seems to be brave throwing around Impreza anyways.

Also, was it not said that u could take the AI online? I cannot see anywhere that will let u load it in the lobbys.

Maybe a few things will be added in tomorrows patch...
LOL the National B hairpin: they tell you to out-in-out but the quickest way is to hug the apex.

The schumacher S too! that was a tough son of a bitch.
Can we race our bspec drivers against each other like pokemon? that would be interesting hehe.
Man my B-spec driver is insane. First race he did in a slightly modified MX5. I told him to pass this Citroen C4 he was behind so he bloody comes full throttle down the straight into the corner keeps on the power. Kicks out the back end about 70 degrees huge clouds of smoke coming from the tyres and the body rolling so much due to stock suspension. So anyway he passed him and won. And he is supposed to be a cool driver. I hate to imagine what a hot one is like
Quote from Gabkicks :Can we race our bspec drivers against each other like pokemon? that would be interesting hehe.

E.Khill uses ram on R.Astley!
It's super effective!
Quote from Inouva :
BTW , who is "sinbad" in Gt planet forum? found a review exactly like from here...

The same

I actually registered there before I found LFS.......waaayyyy back when. I don't like posting things there much, though.
I am having fun with my B-spec driver as well, I have to keep telling him to slow down as he keep spinning up my 350ps RX7.
I haven't put ANY effort into my B-Spec driver.. I had him run 1 race, but it's annoying as the races are longer.
sounds like b-spec got a massive improvement from gt4... those 1-5 settings were pretty useless... most people would just set it to 5 and walk away for a couple hours...
Actually, GT4 was awesome.. set it to 5, 3x time scale.. and walk away. Now the races are longer than the A-Spec ones, which is frustrating, as it means that much more time must be sunk in to level my B-Spec driver to a usable level for endurance racing.

It'd be nice if he almost.. did his own thing.. raced when you were racing, and slowly (maybe a rate of .5 of your level rate) leveled. Heck, you could even run into him in the race you're in, and he'd give you an easy pass/fight hard depending on cool/hot headedness.
Just reached Aspec Lvl 20. The extreme races are solid since they have race cars and i cant produce 10mil to buy an equivalent one. I got 49 cars consisting of a 670HP 458 Italia, a prize Veyron, Skyline R34 R Tune, Lambo Gallardo which had 670HP aswell although i gifted that to a GFresh1982 and many more.

If anywants some tuned/high performance car just add me - maSonn09, and i'll see if i can help you out.
mason, add me: dawesdust_12.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :
It'd be nice if he almost.. did his own thing.. raced when you were racing, and slowly (maybe a rate of .5 of your level rate) leveled. Heck, you could even run into him in the race you're in, and he'd give you an easy pass/fight hard depending on cool/hot headedness.

I like this suggestion. B-spec is a total none-event for me, I don't really "get it", because it's like playing the game, but I don't get to play. So I quite like the idea of these b-spec drivers being more independant and progressing themselves at a level influenced by some occasional input from the player. Perhaps selection of events, provision of cars, "driver coaching" of some kind etc. Maybe you could just watch highlights of his races, or not if you didn't want to.
My PSN - if anybody wants to add me CoolColJ
And if I can copy GT5 saves across to my other account - GTP_CoolColJ
I've already added a few people here

---

Anyway I read that physics change difficult at higher levels?
Some cars are already hard to drive like the F40, but it's subtle things that I'm not sensing that the Time Trial had. We'll see.

That Cape Ring tracks is sweet - love it!

BTW I shared 2 course maker tracks of the Mount Aso theme - check it out in my GT5 profile - it's pretty cool to drive on, only 3 sections, but it's quite a long drive

The Lexus IS-F had a nice sound upgrade from the Prologue version
Sound exactly like in the PD vids and demo vids I posted before.
Quite like the real thing - wonder what it sounds like with with upgrades

And use the larger dynamic range sound options in the menu, much better isntead of the squashed audio you get with living room setting. This way loud cars really do sound loud vs a stock car
Apparently a patch will be out on Sunday 28th, mainly to do with the on line side. Will add power and weight restriction on the server side and some other fixes in game. It's a bit sketchy but it's been reported that there will be regular patches through out the games life.
Ok decided to take the PS3 to my desk. ****ing awsome with the G27. No other word to describe it. And shockingly the sound quality is better through my monitor and into a pair of £6 in ear headphones than it is from my Samsung LED TV.
Quote from CoolColJ :
Some cars are already hard to drive like the F40, but it's subtle things that I'm not sensing that the Time Trial had. We'll see.

Same here... still not 'feeling' the physics tbh..
Just got my new Fanatec dongle so it's all set up and working. Wow, it's a totally different animal with a wheel. I thought it was a decent game with a controller but my word it's very very good with a wheel! It does feel like it's aimed to please the sim fans among the masses of casual gamers when it's set up properly with a good wheel. The rallying feels especially brilliant imo
Me messing around with a Lexus IS-F at Tsukuba. Man they really improved the sound of it compared to the Prologue version. Sounds like the real deal now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3RrFA4Xdl0

Real thing to compare
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGTVOT2R3xg

Some pics of my B-Spec controlled Integra
He won his first race when I ordered to overtake right off the grid to get into first place - that helps. Coasted for most of the laps to keep him cool, and then when the other cars started to pile on the pressure, picked it up for the win.

Some of the standard cars like the Ford GT look pretty good.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG