The online racing simulator
do u guys have capture cards? how do u get the video from ps3 to pc? I was gonna get a 1080p hdmi capture card till i saw they cost almost as much as my graphics card...
Quote from Gabkicks :do u guys have capture cards? how do u get the video from ps3 to pc? I was gonna get a 1080p hdmi capture card till i saw they cost almost as much as my graphics card...

I'm using a Blackmagic Intensity Pro Shuttle, you need a USB3 port for it, and X58a chipset motherboard. About $200AUD or so
There is a PCIe version which is fairly cheap and will run with any motherboard. But you have to use component out for the PS3, since HDMI has HDCP protection, all you get is a black screen. Also need a fairly fast PC to do the MJPEG compression or a RAID setup to capture uncompressed 720p footage.

Another alternative is the Hauppage HD PVR, that has a built in encoder chip so it doesn't need a good PC and it runs into a USB2 port.
My latest work of art and my 50th car.
Nissan GTR Spec V
801BHP/Top speed - 210+
And it beats a 787B round Trial Mountain
Attached images
The Top Gear Test Track.jpg
The Top Gear Test Track_1.jpg
In the old GT series could you do a brake upgrade in the tuning shop, I can't remember as it looks like the brakes are either very good to start with or they progressively get better as you upgrade.
Quote from Hotdogxx60 :In the old GT series could you do a brake upgrade in the tuning shop, I can't remember as it looks like the brakes are either very good to start with or they progressively get better as you upgrade.

Since GT never modelled any brake fade, they didn't make any difference.
People have conducted detailed tests, hardly any difference between the brake upgrades
The braking power had more to do with tyre grip than anything else
Quote from Hotdogxx60 :In the old GT series could you do a brake upgrade in the tuning shop, I can't remember as it looks like the brakes are either very good to start with or they progressively get better as you upgrade.

No there is no option to upgrade brakes unfortunately.
I can't stay away from the license tests, i keep coming back to them to do more. Got gold on all N-B, N-A, I-B and the first five S license tests, silver on the rest. Gotta get all gold times....
Quote from CoolColJ :I'm using a Blackmagic Intensity Pro Shuttle, you need a USB3 port for it, and X58a chipset motherboard. About $200AUD or so
There is a PCIe version which is fairly cheap and will run with any motherboard. But you have to use component out for the PS3, since HDMI has HDCP protection, all you get is a black screen. Also need a fairly fast PC to do the MJPEG compression or a RAID setup to capture uncompressed 720p footage.

Another alternative is the Hauppage HD PVR, that has a built in encoder chip so it doesn't need a good PC and it runs into a USB2 port.

Or a SSD, that would be plenty fast for 720p video capture.

Do you have a link for the PCIe version of this card, I'd like to take a look at it. I want to get a capture card for my media computer and this thing seems to be right up my street!
Some golds are pretty tricky, only did National B, all golds except 2 silvers.. and golded the Samba Bus race

Anyway, had an online session with my mate now, works like a charm! It's like offline, no kidding... gotta test how it works with more people.
Game is indeed a mixed bag, some cars feel fantastic, some feel so arcadey.. The ones i find great so far are F40, Dodge Challenger 08, Shelby Cobra.. M3.. when you find a good car/track combo it feels so realistic..
Quote from Dygear :Or a SSD, that would be plenty fast for 720p video capture.

Do you have a link for the PCIe version of this card, I'd like to take a look at it. I want to get a capture card for my media computer and this thing seems to be right up my street!

The PCIe and External one share the same page. the pics don't show it, but the PCIe version has a breakout cables that fit into the ports for connection. Plenty of vids on Youtube showing how to use it
http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/

New v1.02 update online now 133mb
Quote from CoolColJ :The PCIe and External one share the same page. the pics don't show it, but the PCIe version has a breakout cables that fit into the ports for connection. Plenty of vids on Youtube showing how to use it
http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/

New v1.02 update online now 133mb

Thank you for the link, and the news of the update.
Quote from 91mason91 :My latest work of art and my 50th car.
Nissan GTR Spec V
801BHP/Top speed - 210+
And it beats a 787B round Trial Mountain

Put it up against my Lambo

PSN : TEaaron

How do you upload pics from gt5 to pc?
usb stick is how i do it
Quote from FPVaaron :Put it up against my Lambo

PSN : TEaaron

How do you upload pics from gt5 to pc?

I challenge both of you agianst my 1115hp Veyron on Special stage 7.

PSN: Mustafur
ive been playing for a good couple of days now and ive picked up some points id like to share.

1. AI

the ai when you start is terrible.. but ah wait .. is it? when you start out the game you are supposed to be an amatuer and therfore so are the AI. If you imagine starting out for the first time on this game im pretty sure (for the casual user) that the ai at this point would be fairly challenging.

Now i am level 14 i have noticed the AI become considerably harder they do not brake as early as they did before and they actually try block my overtakes, if i slam on infront of them they will do their best to try avoid me.

2. Graphics

the graphics for this are probably just on par with what a 2010 title should be, there are lots of little glitches like the shadows being too jaggy and to some people they can be quite offputting, i dont really notice them unless im stopped and i believe that the jaggy edges are a sign of the ps3's lack of hardware as a couple of other top titles suffer the same problem just not as bad. The laggy edges when your car is in smoke or spray is pretty shit tho, i dont know why they look so bad.

3. Sound

an amazing stepup from prologue and GT4, the majority of cars actually 'sound' like real cars now, the 787b is exactly right what the sounds lack is the sound of volume, all the cars even at top revs sound quiet in a sence, but they still sound like their real life counterpart.. but i havent tested every car so i cant say that every one is better.

4. Physics

an interesting one this, i was one of the ones who LOVED the TT's difficulty when trying to keep the car in a straight line, it promoted smooth driving and very careful footwork. Initially when i played GT5 i thought the physics were alright but kinda felt like there was someting missing, well after a couple days playing i think i have seen some of them TT physics in GT5 and i believe this comes in the form of tyres.. if you remember back when the TT came out, we jumped into the standard 370z and thought wow... the car is actually quite a challenge, it was difficult to drive quick, braking and cornering really took some thinking about and stepping on the gas would just spin you if you was too aggressive...then once a couple of laps was put in we changed to the tuned car, and i dont know about you but all i thought was WOW i can actually feel the diffference with the slicks.. well yesterday i felt the same thing last night at suzuka, i was racing on the east course with the SLS and i was on comfort : soft tyres and i had that same sensation of must drive slower, must drive cleaner to get a nice lap.. and i did, lap after lap after lap then i switched to sports : soft and it was at that instant i felt the difference id ony felt before in the TT demo.

So i did some testing, i started on the comfort : softs in a s2000 and did a couple of mins at nurburgring and i felt like i was driving a propper car it was skittish on the edge and i really really needed to drive smoothly.

i think what the problem was to me is i was getting a car and jumping straight to the best tyres and not giving the standard road tyres a chance, bearing in mind the sports tyres are equivelent to that of the R888 or yoko alternative A048 is it?

5. Online

some nice features here, a bit limited but nice base to work from, i enjoy being able to easily create a private lobby which my mates can join with ease, and i like how you run a free run until everyone is ready. I dont like how the host has no control over the race starting, not so much a problem if you are in a private lobby but if you ware trying to change something in a public one and someone clicks start you have to finish the race (or quit). Lag free from what i have seen really.

6. Weather

i like it, it deffinatly puts a spin on a race when it just starts raining and everyone dives back into the pits to get some new tyres.

I have noticed that the rain doesnt settle straight away, as i still get grip for a while with my tyres but then it does start to set in and you start sliding about.
Quote from Gabkicks :usb stick is how i do it

I put my USB stick into the PS3, the photos are store on the PS3 deskyop under photo and thats as far as I can go. Can you send then direct from the game? I don't do this photo stuff at all.
Quote from Hotdogxx60 :I put my USB stick into the PS3, the photos are store on the PS3 deskyop under photo and thats as far as I can go. Can you send then direct from the game? I don't do this photo stuff at all.

You have to "export to XMB" in the game.
Quote from danowat :You have to "export to XMB" in the game.

I've done that and they are under the photo section on the XMB, were do I go from there. I've plugged in a USB stick and I can't see how to get the photos on to it.
Use the "photos" section of the XMB
Quote from danowat :Use the "photos" section of the XMB

Connect storage media at the save destination, what's this mean. I have plugged in my USB to the PS3. Is there a setting thing I'm missing.

Yes, I'm a noob
Dam Gran Turismo is so awesome I took the plunge and started with a Suzuki swift.
Now I just bought my first 100,000 credit car.
Quote from Hotdogxx60 :Connect storage media at the save destination, what's this mean. I have plugged in my USB to the PS3. Is there a setting thing I'm missing.

Yes, I'm a noob

I got around the Photo thing by using the PSP and I can plug it in to my PC without a hitch.
Just downloaded the second patch (133mb), one thing it's a very quick download.
Quote from Mustafur :I challenge both of you agianst my 1115hp Veyron on Special stage 7.

PSN: Mustafur

How about 3 laps of trial mountain?

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG