The online racing simulator
For god's sake...Suarez took a bullet for the team, sacrificed himself so the team would reach the semis, now probably the team will play motivated enough to play against Spain, he he will probably miss this and/or the final match.

He handed the ball, the ref saw and applied the right punishment, him out and the team a penalty...its not Uruguay's fault that Ghana missed the kick.
Quote from zeugnimod :Too risky in what way?

I could see your point when they got some goals against them via counter attacks but they didn't.

@de Souza: It was me!

As in they were playing desperately.

Then again, most teams seem to do that when they go down a goal. Unless you're England in which case you fall apart
Quote from DieKolkrabe :England in which case you fall apart

Yes just like when England scored two goals in the space of a few minutes after going a goal down.
Quote from Jertje :On a different note of unsportive behaviour...

Similarly, I think blatant lying should be a punishable offence.
You regularly see players deliberately kicking the ball out of the field and then claiming that the other player did it. Everyone knows they are lying, everyone knows it contradicts the FIFA's motto of sportsmanship but it still goes unpunished.
If diving is punishable then why isn't lying?

Vain
2 hours and 8 mins left

bai bai maradona
Quote from zeugnimod :Oh, and this was quite big news since he was the coach of the CL winner so you wouldn't need to "follow football news intimately" to know this by now.

Watching or reading news does not give any benefits, it only acts as propaganda. I choose to keep my mind free from it, sorry if I got something wrong, though, I didn't really get it 'wrong' I just didn't know that Mourinho had moved on from Inter. So quit whining.
Quote from BlueFlame :Watching or reading news does not give any benefits, it only acts as propaganda. I choose to keep my mind free from it.

Riiiiight... Reading "Real Madrid signs Jose Mourinho as their new coach" will make you FIGHT THE POWER!!!
Quote from 5haz :Yes just like when England scored two goals in the space of a few minutes after going a goal down.

Was on about Germany match there :P
Quote from zeugnimod :Wrong.

Penalty kick and yellow card.

Here's prooof. From 1.25. Bad quality, sorry. He got a yellow card for that.

Yeah I watched that game live actually but anyway. When I saw it there and then on TV to me it was not an intentional deliberate handling/manipulation of the ball. Letting your arm wander into the course of the ball is very different from lunging to parrying the ball on the goal line. To explain what I mean, take a scenario of a pass at the top of the box that gets intercepted by a defender diving down with two hands and pushing the ball to a teammate with a very 'keeper like' action. Would that be a red or yellow. If I'm wrong then put that on the list of instant red cardable offenses imo.
Quote from zeugnimod :

What an awful sport.

THIS. Rugby is a much better game.

Football/soccer, a gentlemans sport played by hooligans and the less educated(because its so simple they can).

Rugby, a Hooligans sport played by gentlemen and the more intelligent as its too complicated for the idiots. Also with no falling over screaming when you clip another players bootlaces.

Motorsport. The best, nuff said .
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Was on about Germany match there :P

:irked:

Yeah they fell apart in the second half, also their defence didn't fall apart because it could'nt possibly be more terrible from the start, West Ham players have really done us badly, what with Rob Green's terrible mistake and Upson's laughable defence.

Quote from SAxor :THIS. Rugby is a much better game.

Football/soccer, a gentlemans sport played by hooligans and the less educated(because its so simple they can).

Rugby, a Hooligans sport played by gentlemen and the more intelligent as its too complicated for the idiots. Also with no falling over screaming when you clip another players bootlaces.

Motorsport. The best, nuff said .

Amen, I prefer Rugby, especially since we were Union world champions not long ago, and finalists even more recent than that. Of course we got beaten by South Africa, but never mind that.
rugby for asocial people imo :d:d:d

now come and flame me
Rugby is for people who are scared to step up in a ring IMO.... "Yeah look at me!! I got tackled!! Yeah, I'm a man!!!"

How is it for more "educated" people? More like for the obese ones...
Quote from Jertje :This is a non-contact sport after all...

Lol, what the f**k are you talking about?
Quote from DevilDare :Rugby is for people who are scared to step up in a ring IMO....

How is it for more "educated" people? More like for the obese ones...

Rugy players are the dumb and strong ones, power but no brains.
Bullshit. I bet you all I have that a much smaller MMA fighter would knock out that obese "man" in no time.

/coat.

Saying that rugby is a "mans" sport is just wrong.
Personally I just find rugby more exciting, the desperate struggle to gain maybe feet, inches or even centimetres in the dying seconds of the match makes the atmosphere more tense than it has at any football match.
I prefer rugby, it's more physical and visceral, plus it's more tense. Not that football's not tense at times, but...
I personally find it boring.

5 seconds of free game time and a minute of 10 guys on top of eachother fighting for the ball before the ref breaks it up...

No thanks.
Doesn't watch Rugby on a regular basis, but once a year when the sevens comes to Hong Kong, it's pretty good TV.
Anyone complaining about Suarez would do exactly the same. Just like they would do the same as the German keeper by pretending the ball didn't cross the line. People are just gutted Ghana have been eliminated but by the rules as of today it's just part of the game
Quote from DevilDare :I personally find it boring.

5 seconds of free game time and a minute of 10 guys on top of eachother fighting for the ball before the ref breaks it up...

No thanks.

Football involves minutes of rolling around on the floor crying, before the ref breaks it up.
I guess they like rugby more since they are out of the world cup already, and they have more succes in that.
Quote from G!NhO :Rugy players are the dumb and strong ones, power but no brains.

Take a sample from any rugby playing nations University and see the types of degrees the players are getting. 2 of my engineering friends actually play for the University 1st team, good team too, Champions last year iirc.

Then also there are I believe 2 doctors that are active players in the Springbok squad. Jannie du Plessis is one and there is actually a story of him saving a mans life just after a game, don't know who the other is but pretty sure he is more of a second string backline player. My Grandpa(Welsh) also was great friends with 3 brothers that all played rugga and were/maybe are CAs.

You just need one interview with some select football players to see the lack of action in that head.

Quote from G!NhO :I guess they like rugby more since they are out of the world cup already, and they have more succes in that.

Fck Yeah .

Quote :Largest win South Africa 134 - 3 Uruguay
(11 June 2005)

-
(SAxor) DELETED by SAxor
Quote from G!NhO :I guess they like rugby more since they are out of the world cup already, and they have more succes in that.

If that was the case we'd all enjoy cricket.

FIFA South Africa 2010
(2134 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG