The online racing simulator
FIFA South Africa 2010
(2134 posts, started )
I don't think you can blame the ref, he tried to keep the game going, it was Holland that decided to kick the Spanish players rather than the ball.
Yes, it was a pretty good refeereing considering the match, only mistake was that corner that should've been given to Holland prior to the goal..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Yes, it was a pretty good refeereing considering the match, only mistake was that corner that should've been given to Holland prior to the goal..

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I don't think you can blame the ref, he tried to keep the game going, it was Holland that decided to kick the Spanish players rather than the ball.

I don't think so, the referee has to give some discipline to the game cutting that crude style at the first sight, if you don't cut it, it keeps going. Only when Holland had five yellow cards, relaxed and stopped the karate, but they kept arguing every single decission of the ref, come on...

The thing is, apart from the kicks and complains, Holland did a good match, they pressured veru well, their counterattacks were great, every time Robben got the ball, I was nervous as hell!. The kicks were not needed to win!

Anyways, it's done, and for me ended well, so
Quote from Eldanor :I don't think so, the referee has to give some discipline to the game cutting that crude style at the first sight, if you don't cut it, it keeps going. Only when Holland had five yellow cards, relaxed and stopped the karate, but they kept arguing every single decission of the ref, come on...

The thing is, apart from the kicks and complains, Holland did a good match, they pressured veru well, their counterattacks were great, every time Robben got the ball, I was nervous as hell!. The kicks were not needed to win!

Anyways, it's done, and for me ended well, so

Don't get me wrong, i would give Van Bommel a red card just by giving me a look..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Don't get me wrong, i would give Van Bommel a red card just by giving me a look..

Quote from JPeace :Your spanish - Spain won.

Im English - and I think the ref did a good job.

Leave it at that?

Sure! don't get me wrong, english is not my native languaje and maybe my phrases sound ruder than my intention We're just exchanging points of view, not trying to impose mine or anything
well to be fair holland wasnt the only team that played dirty
iirc it was iniesta who shoud have seen a red card for that revenge foul
Quote from Shotglass :well to be fair holland wasnt the only team that played dirty
iirc it was iniesta who shoud have seen a red card for that revenge foul

By that time it had descended into a farce. I reckon you could have shot another play in the eye in the first half and only received a yellow card. I don't think it reflects poorly on Spain, they wanted to play football, but Holland dragged the game into the pits of thuggery. All of the Dutch assaults were basically revenge against Spain for being better at football than Holland are. How Holland can claim the referee was biased towards Spain I have no idea.
Quote from sinbad :I don't think it reflects poorly on Spain, they wanted to play football, but Holland dragged the game into the pits of thuggery.

"he started it" is not a valid argument
Quote from Nobo :Actually i think Toni Kroos is the bigger football talent, but Müller is a fighter, running running running

Greenland - CHOK
You watch football up there
Quote from sinbad :Sometimes referees can make the situation worse with unjust sending offs, yes, but imo first half red card would have stopped Holland doing what they were doing in a way no amount of leniency or "enough!" hand waving ever can.

To their credit they, for the most part, did much less of that sort of thing in the second half, perhaps because they knew it was far more likely the red card would be shown, and in the end is that not the point of the red card? If a ref will not show one, then that sort of madness only escalates, and it certainly does nothing to keep players calm in my opinion.

Iniesta, Xavi, Messi and co wouldn't last long for Barca if they were faced with a first half assault like that every week from players who thought it was highly unlikely that they could be sent off in the first half of the match.

I just have to answer this. I watch the spanish league as much as I can. They play HARD - Really HAAAAAAARD !

Sometimes it looks like this worldcup match.

They really hate each other in that league !??

But when they play ball - It`s the best football in the world. man I can´t wait to see barcelona with Villa on the team.

Madrid and butterhair (Ronaldo), you will suffer this year

EDIT :
Zlatan - Look for a new club
I bet holland has almost as big of a party now as spain!
It's amazing.
-
(Stiggie) DELETED by Stiggie
Quote from alland44 :I just have to answer this. I watch the spanish league as much as I can. They play HARD - Really HAAAAAAARD !

Sometimes it looks like this worldcup match.

They really hate each other in that league !??

But when they play ball - It`s the best football in the world. man I can´t wait to see barcelona with Villa on the team.

Madrid and butterhair (Ronaldo), you will suffer this year

EDIT :
Zlatan - Look for a new club

Yes, spanish league is hard but tackles like the one we saw at the final are not that common. And I'm sure a kick in the chest is as hard to see in spanish league that in dutch one.

What I like from other leagues, the english one for example is that in spanish league is a bit common to overreact when the get a foul, lying on the grass like both legs were broken and two minutes later running again xD, in the premier matches I've seen they tend to stop the play less, something that I like.

BTW, this year my local team classified for the UEFA league (Getafe) so I expect seeing your teams this year here If anyone comes to see a match to my city, feel free to ask for any information you need.
Quote from JPeace :No No No, you have missunderstood.

I was meerly saying that for a Spanish person who has just won the world cup then of course you will see that the spanish team are all little angels and never do anything wrong and that have played brilliantly. Which acctually that did play very well throughout the World Cup, but they are not little angels as some players reacted to the Holland players and revenge fouled them blatently - which is, i think, what the Dutch wanted.

But as an English man who doesn't really give a damn about football in general, I think that the referee was given an awful game to referee and I think he showed compasion and didnt just jump into his pocket and pull out a card at the slightest touch - which was nice to see. But of course, that ninja kick by De Jong, deserved a red card - no doubt. But I think he did well, thats all. There was no argument intended mate - congratulations

Yes, I think I'm biased towards my team , an objetive spectator would see things differently
just in case you dont want to miss next PS3 launch...

rumours says that there are several easter eggs hidden: ability to control Giant Octopus Paul (assasins creed 2 likes) and another world cup Classic: Zidane vs Materazzi

"10 percent of Bundes Liga players are gays" ?
They should only let gay players in the National Team if it means that they play like they did this year (in most of the matches).

Seriously, who cares?
Joachim Low looks like hes from the 90s with that barnet of his.

As for the article, Jtbo?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Yet another reason why BlueFlame's on my ignore list...

Completely retarded article, obviously.

Does anyone care (least of all me) that a person is on your ignore list? You say it as if it's supposed to 'get' to me. You don't need someone on your ignore list to ignore what they say. You just don't comment on it, or do I really 'get' to you, THAT much.
Quote from BlueFlame :... You say it as if it's supposed to 'get' to me. ...

Seems like it worked :P.

"Ignoring" you and still reading your posts seems a little pointless though.
Quote from joshdifabio :Seems like it worked :P.

"Ignoring" you and still reading your posts seems a little pointless though.

Heh, I was just saying why does he say it as if I'm obliged to care because he doesn't like what I say?
Quote from Joris-Bravo :I bet holland has almost as big of a party now as spain!
It's amazing.

Not really. Everything went quiet when I went to town to check out Never seen so much silence in town it felt great and I could sleep well
Quote from mamoru :Not really. Everything went quiet when I went to town to check out Never seen so much silence in town it felt great and I could sleep well

The huldiging was pretty big imo.
Nice to see England are as bad as they were back in South Africa. I am all for positivity but I don't know what pills ITV's commentary team are taking. Up against a team ranked 62 in the world England have laboured to scramble a 2-1 lead. That's the reality

FIFA South Africa 2010
(2134 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG