The online racing simulator
FIFA South Africa 2010
(2134 posts, started )
That octopus is really creeping me out. I'm glad it hasn't got anything more to predict......

or has it?
Victory for a footballing side over some shocking tackles from the Dutch, the total football side of the 1970's would be ashamed to think of what has become of thier side.

As for the ref, he didn't have a great game but by christ did the players make it difficult for him. If he had sent one of the players off we would all be moaning that he ruined a potentially good final. He was in a no one postion, damned if he did, damned if he didn't.
Let's put PS3 and X360 in those boxes and settle it once and for all..
Quote from zeugnimod :I wish he would have been right already 2 years ago.

Euro 2008 final, right?
Quote from ADX.14 :Euro 2008 final, right?

Well, Germany will be back in Poland and Ukraine and will be stronger than ever.
Quote from zeugnimod :

Well, Germany will be back in Poland and Ukraine and will be stronger than ever.

To do what I wonder....
Football? Ahhh, thats a relief.
If you actually watch Webb's view of the de Jong incident you'd see that van Bommel is probably in his way, we however see from the other angle in the replay that it clearly should've been a red card. To be honest though, that match could've seen a few more players off from each team, Iniesta should've been booked well before he took his shirt off, van Bommel should've been off, so could Puyol, that Spanish number 16 who seemed to be the first at the scene shouting at Webb, Robben for the same and kicking the ball away.

I did though, find it funny that a Celtic reject was the one that allowed Spain to score their goal. Edson Braafheid, the left back, needlessly ran down to almost the right back position in defending the Spanish attack, before the ball was played over to Iniesta with Braafheid nowhere to be seen. That, and because Robben bottled it twice, is reason the Dutch lost the final, not because of Howard Webb.

Ah well, let's see how good Spain are when we play them in October we seem to have a habit of getting World Cup finalists in our qualifying groups...
Webb was excellent again... sorry.

Holland over 90

Spain 120

Holland had deservedly a **** sent off... and that it.

Spain... won. Deservedly. Even though Iniesta's was worse than de Jongs... but... they deserved it. Simples.
Ha... k... Iniesta's wasn't worse... but still aiming for Sneijder's knee cap and them barging van bommel.. (****) over was meh.
Woohoooooooooo, crazy stuff here, streets are flooded with people with flags and honking like mad, should be declared national party

Quote from Boris Lozac :Damn, this Del Bosque is a funny charachter

Whats funny about Krusty?? He da man!
De Jong should have been sent off. He knew exactly what he was doing, he would have missed the ball by about half a metre if Alonso had not been there, so he can't say he only had eyes for the ball. Thank goodness Alonso had to jump to head that ball, or he'd have taken the boot in his face.

I was neutral at the beginning, hoping to see 2 sides try to play nice football, but Holland were malicious and cynical. It was almost as if they found out that Webb had been told not to send anyone off in the first half. Webb let it spiral out of control by not sending anyone off in the first half when they deserved to be. I'm just surprised nobody got seriously hurt, it would have been partly Webb's fault if they had. You can't blame the Spanish for giving some back when they're getting kicked up and down the pitch and not getting any protection.

It was a weak referreeing display imo.

Spain deserved to win and Holland should be ashamed of the way they ended their World Cup campaign.
Quote from alland44 :Müller is one of the biggest talents out there. Can they keep him, when Barcelona or Madrids is coming for him !?

And germany certainly was the surprise of this championship !

Actually i think Toni Kroos is the bigger football talent, but Müller is a fighter, running running running
WM 2006 - 3rd place Germany
Euro 2008 - 2nd place Germany
WM 2010 - 3rd place Germany
Euro 2012 - 2nd place Germany (?)

With games like the one against spain we will NEVER get any further than the quarter finals or the final.
No need to get further than the final.
Dutch ninjaaaaah's.

Quote from sinbad :I was neutral at the beginning, hoping to see 2 sides try to play nice football, but Holland were malicious and cynical. It was almost as if they found out that Webb had been told not to send anyone off in the first half. Webb let it spiral out of control by not sending anyone off in the first half when they deserved to be. I'm just surprised nobody got seriously hurt, it would have been partly Webb's fault if they had. You can't blame the Spanish for giving some back when they're getting kicked up and down the pitch and not getting any protection.

You think a first half red car would calm the players down? The match would have been a farce with even more ugly tackles. Holland were awful, no, dreadful. Ugly tactics and didn't deserve to get a sniff at victory. Webb had an impossible job to be quite fair. not a ref on earth could have dealt with the disgusting and un-football attitude of Holland.
Quote from Intrepid :You think a first half red car would calm the players down? The match would have been a farce with even more ugly tackles.

Giving that red card would have shown the players that things like this are not on.

By giving De Jong only a yellow card he showed the players that they could do attacks like that without being afraid of being sent off. After all, they could all risk a yellow card in the final without any consequences except if they got another yellow in the same match.

If De Jong got his very deserved red card, the other players would have definitely been more careful with their disgusting fouls.
Quote from Intrepid :You think a first half red car would calm the players down? The match would have been a farce with even more ugly tackles. Holland were awful, no, dreadful. Ugly tactics and didn't deserve to get a sniff at victory. Webb had an impossible job to be quite fair. not a ref on earth could have dealt with the disgusting and un-football attitude of Holland.

Sometimes referees can make the situation worse with unjust sending offs, yes, but imo first half red card would have stopped Holland doing what they were doing in a way no amount of leniency or "enough!" hand waving ever can.

To their credit they, for the most part, did much less of that sort of thing in the second half, perhaps because they knew it was far more likely the red card would be shown, and in the end is that not the point of the red card? If a ref will not show one, then that sort of madness only escalates, and it certainly does nothing to keep players calm in my opinion.

Iniesta, Xavi, Messi and co wouldn't last long for Barca if they were faced with a first half assault like that every week from players who thought it was highly unlikely that they could be sent off in the first half of the match.
Yeah but you don't need to go further than the final to achieve that.
Champions!

Terrible match from Holland, I remember the great Holland of Johan Cruyff, this one has been dissapointing to me Shame on them.

Terrible referee, Holland should have had 9 men for half the match.

FIFA South Africa 2010
(2134 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG