The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Did you read my post? I said NEITHER the 1JZ's or 2JZ's make the region of 260hp.

From what I recall, the 1JZ's make around 280hp or so (Not like I know anything about Soarers. I don't like them.) and the 2JZ's make 230hp or so. Not like I give a crap though.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :From what I recall, the 1JZ's make around 280hp or so (Not like I know anything about Soarers. I don't like them.)

At the fly, Yes. Which is about 240rwhp.

We're talking RWHP. not FWHP.

i couldn't give a shit about the 2j soarers because they're N\A
Oops, sorry. I didn't notice you were talking wheel horsepower. My bad.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Oops, sorry. I didn't notice you were talking wheel horsepower. My bad.

...more proof to the fact that you know nothing about what you're trying to talk about.

Would be more than happy to debate this with someone that had a clue.
End discussion.
You really should not assume I know nothing. If I knew nothing about Cars, I would not be running my own Gearbox Reconditioning company, nor would I have all the Certificates and Course Degrees in my Portfolio right now.

I just didn't notice the little "rw". Don't take it to heart babe!

And yes, I'm up for ending this discussion. :
only on here could u have debate about running a standard airbox being more beneficial to a pod with CAI.

klutch is 100% right, simple as that.
Quote from danthebangerboy :Might be wrong but according to this guy....

Make of that what you will.

unless he used a proper dyno (ie one that measures only the engine without the car attached) in a calibrated environment (same temerature same humidity etc) and used the same professionally calibrated dyno operated by engineers who have a clue what the hell theyre doing (the kind youll only find at automakers and professinal top class motorsport racing teams) anything less than maybe 10% change in hp means jack shit
Quote from R3DMAN :this kit cost me about £4,000

Holy crap thats more than my car!

What sort of BHP gains are you expecting?

My airbox question:

The standard equipment looks a lot like this - the black corrugated tube is for air:

The last owner did a mod to cut the tube to "reduce restriction" that everyone raves about on the owners club:

Surely less directed air means that that in reality while there is more air in the engine bay, the engine itself gets less fresh air?
Your right Jack. That pipe is there for a reason, and that is to get a more direct air feed into the air intake manifold. Removing it or keeping it as is will make no difference to the performance, and I cannot see why such a small pipe would be "restrictive" per say, although I assume the pipe would have a small mesh guard to stop objects entering from the front.
Dunno. Maybe a question for the owners club forum.

Just becasue the air is no longer directed with the mod doesn't mean it's getting less air, in it's orignal state the pipe could be more restricting. Hence why people use such things as K&N air filters, they are not directed at all.

Put the pipe back on and see if you notice anything.

Removing that piece seems to not affect it at all. The overall size stays the same so it won't be getting any more air in than it would anyway...so i can't see how it would remove any restriction.

And as it is now it'd be sucking in hot air from around the engine bay, atleast with the (now missing) pipe it'd be getting cold air direct from the front.

Put it back on.

BMW E30 320i 1983

127.000 km/78900 miles

import?
Bought is from a guy who imported it 6 months ago from germany.
Looks very clean and in a good shape

E: According RDW the car was imported a month ago.
Why the //M badge?
Ouch, Ginho got bimmer!

Nice one, looks very clean. And woah, it's a 320!
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Looks very clean and in a good shape

E: According RDW the car was imported a month ago.

Thats right, he fixed it up a bit and got it registered a month ago.

Quote from Jakg :Why the //M badge?

Idk, i might take it off.

Quote from PioneerLv :Ouch, Ginho got bimmer!

Nice one, looks very clean. And woah, it's a 320!

On the fotos it does look clean but in reality it's not that clean, it has very small rust spots on some places but it has also been painted on some places.

I need some bmw logos for the rims, but yeah i loooove the sound of the 6 cylinder.
get a pic of your familys alfa!!!!
My car until Saturday, the focus is getting painted this week so I get to borrow this, 1.8 GTi (Non turbo) 125bhp, not bad, nice to drive, loving being back in a decent car....

Hopefully going to buy this or a GT TDI as soon as I sell the focus, that's the plan anyway.
Attached images
DSC00442.JPG
Quote from Jakg :Why the //M badge?

Exactly :S Take it off, now! It's a disgrace!
Lol, i will do that!!!!

When i saw the car for the first time that was the first thing i said i would do.
17th in the queue to leave for Brighton after camping at Crystal Palace Park for the night..

Everything went well without a hitch.. until.........

Half way taking my lad home Sunday evening.. some dirty somalian fsckwit decided to turn right across my path.. regardless of the fact I was all but in front of him...

:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

Will now have to wait yet again for the insurance to decide what they're going to do (I suspect a write-off this time ) and then start with the repairs or looking for a new shell for the running gear.

Regards,

Ian
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG