The online racing simulator
Dont worry.

Heard Henry has been training on a basketball court lately.

Should easily help France get out of the group games.
Some say his hands attracts footballs, and that he signed french handball team... All we know, hes called T.Henry!
Quote from TexasLTU :Some say his hands attracts footballs, and that he signed french handball team... All we know, hes called T.Henry!

Some say hes a nub, some say he tells bad jokes... All we know, hes called K.Gasiunas!

Anyway, im still annoyed that Russia didnt make it to the World Cup, could of been something big as the team has evolved during these years.
But i will still place my bets on the big teams, Brazil vs Spain sounds reasonable in the finals to me at the moment.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Easy there tiger, you have Serbia in the group

It's not an easy group by any means. All of the 3 teams are above average but none of them are good enough to beat Germany.

Quote from DeadWolfBones :The France that could barely (or perhaps not at all) beat Ireland?

I would actually say that South Africa and Uruguay are worse than Ireland, though.
Brazil and Spain were drawn too close, if one ends up first and the other ends up second (not unlikely at all), they would meet at the 1st game of the second stage =/ I personally would like to see them meet further down the line...

Also, on the Diego Souza goal, there was nothing else the keeper could imo, i mean what are the odds that the ball you just kicked miles away gets hit mid-air, mid-field, and dives right back into your goal? The keeper did what he could, and was quite smart imo...
Quote from viluglio :Also, on the Diego Souza goal, there was nothing else the keeper could imo, i mean what are the odds that the ball you just kicked miles away gets hit mid-air, mid-field, and dives right back into your goal? The keeper did what he could, and was quite smart imo...

He was a long way out of his area, he was lucky not to get chipped before he got to the ball. He ran out intending to clear the ball so there's always going to be a risk that it goes straight to an opposition player who just belts it back at an open goal. Especially risky playing a big team like Palmeiras.

Still it was a nice strike.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Especially risky playing a big team like Palmeiras.

They just finished 5th after leading most of the championship (with a lead like 15 points.. ).

Still was a good team, no idea what the hell happened.
Quote from zeugnimod :

I would actually say that South Africa and Uruguay are worse than Ireland, though.

South Africa have home field advantage, though. It's a bigger psychological boost than some people give it credit for. Remember South Korea a few years back.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :South Africa have home field advantage, though. It's a bigger psychological boost than some people give it credit for. Remember South Korea a few years back.

Hell, even England won a world cup when they hosted it.
Some would say it was a refereeing boost, too.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Some would say it was a refereeing boost, too.

At the end of the day, the least German team won and that's all that matters.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Hell, even England won a world cup when they hosted it.

and my god, don't you lot tell us ALL the time.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :and my god, don't you lot tell us ALL the time.

Hey don't get all bitter at least you qualified this time.

I think. Didn't you? Oh well at least you qualified for the last one and the one before that.

Didn't you?

Quote from thisnameistaken :Hey don't get all bitter at least you qualified this time.

I think. Didn't you? Oh well at least you qualified for the last one and the one before that.

Didn't you?

if you had to watch the dross that we do in the name of football....you would be bitter too.
Nilmar and Grafite FTW!

I don't think those long-distance shots are all that special. They just kick the ball in the direction of the goal and hope that it gets in. Of course, it still takes skill but not enough to warrant a space in the top 10 goals of the year, IMO.
Meh, why Iniesta's goal is even in the Top 10? As is Ronaldo's? Both are crap.

I liked numbers 8, 6, 4 and 3. Grafite was so crap back in Brazil, I don't see how he managed to do that - luck maybe? But then again I don't watch the Bundesliga, maybe someone is teaching him.

But back in the subject, there must have been some better goals across the world, no need to desperately keep putting famous players in the top 10 if they're not worth it.
Quote from de Souza :I liked numbers 8, 6, 4 and 3. Grafite was so crap back in Brazil, I don't see how he managed to do that - luck maybe? But then again I don't watch the Bundesliga, maybe someone is teaching him.

Grafite was pretty awesome last season. He actually shot most goals of any player in the Bundesliga (28).
#770 - Dmt
Quote from Dmt :IMO, this should have been also in TOP10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB42xiYGxJA

Exactly the kind of goal I was talking about here:

Quote from zeugnimod :I don't think those long-distance shots are all that special. They just kick the ball in the direction of the goal and hope that it gets in. Of course, it still takes skill but not enough to warrant a space in the top 10 goals of the year, IMO.

Quote from zeugnimod :Grafite was pretty awesome last season. He actually shot most goals of any player in the Bundesliga (28).

Wow. Good to hear, I guess.
It's just that sometimes I think the players' managers are insanely good or the european teams are just stupid. The amount of crap players that leave the country to play big teams is impressive.

Quote from zeugnimod :

Agreed.
#773 - Dmt
Quote from zeugnimod :I don't think those long-distance shots are all that special. They just kick the ball in the direction of the goal and hope that it gets in. Of course, it still takes skill but not enough to warrant a space in the top 10 goals of the year, IMO.

Well, go to football field, do a gorgeus goal from 1m and then do one from 30meters, cross angle one and then compare your feelings. Its just not about kicking it into goal direction..
Its 10x times harder to get a good goal from long distance and thats why they should be also in top :P
I'm sorry but Adebayor's goal was just fantastic!

Should of been way higher than No9.
Quote from Dmt :Well, go to football field, do a gorgeus goal from 1m and then do one from 30meters, cross angle one and then compare your feelings. Its just not about kicking it into goal direction..
Its 10x times harder to get a good goal from long distance and thats why they should be also in top :P

I just disagree.

Do you honestly think that Ronaldo's goal is better than Grafite's and especially Nilmar's?

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG