The online racing simulator
So i should keeep ps3 version? and not get the pc one?
Quote from Chrisuu01 :So i should keeep ps3 version? and not get the pc one?

From what I have read PC version is shit. Get PS3
This game is simply a joooooooooooooooke. Unplayable. They say do a lap to help them set up the car. I did a perfect lap, and they put on all the driving aids. Then I removed them manually, and first race the car was steering and brakign itself!! JOKE.

/me back to NFS 3-4-5
Anyone send me a working graphicsconfig.xml file?

EDIT: Wow. I reinstall, black screen, use a friend's profile, BSOD, reboot, get into it, CTD

EDIT: Or send me a profile with the test lap done
You people must do something wrong... Everything is fine except the crappy steering with G25, and framerate on ATi cards.
Yeah I have to say.. I'm very happy that I bought this game.

Firstly I have had no issues with the game at all, and to all those people calling this game crap I have to say, it isn't from my point of view.

When I saw all the preview videos I thought that the motion blur was abit excessive, but thinking about it while driving around a clear track it's actually quite ok. It gives you a chance to focus on the track rather than paying attention to the dials *Not that you really need to*.

Out of all the NFS games this is now my fave, the graphics are really amazing and it seems to run really smoothly on most pc's * Myn isn't quite upto data, CPU is abit old*.

As for the sim part of the game, it is a bit yes and no. For now i've set the wheel up for 360' turning and iam using the same force settings in the logitech profiler as I would in lfs. Ok the steering is a tad slow and there is not much movement going on infront of you. With the pedals I have a mixed feeling, I think I will need more time with the game to find out the true feelings but for now they seem ok. And I will say it feels better than grid.

But my story so far, I have started with the ae86 and it does sound close to the real thing, and after thrashing it around the Nordschleife I found that the car is great fun.

Here are some pics
Attached images
image1.jpg
image2.jpg
image3.jpg
image4.jpg
The game has potential, it seems very good, i had a chance to play 2 laps before crashing, good graphics, but its not optimized, and we haven't heard from EA about the issues...
it works good here, havent noticed any bugs yet, well one actually.. I coulndt launch a viper from start...
Has anybody managed to spin out while drifting in it yet?
I got it working. Finally. It's a lot of fun. I've noticed a few bugs but worked round them.
Well, apart from the game once removing all buttons while viewing a replay (I had to call task manager to finish process), I've never had a problem with NFS Shift since I first installed it. And I'm not using default graphics options, I always change everything (to maximum) when I first open the game. Oh, and, of course, aside the physics bugs (which are exactly the same as GTR's, GTR2's and GTR Evolution ones).

I like the game, it finally seems to be playable now. BUT: Tuning is terrible, car customization has never got so bad in a NFS, you can't see the interiors or anything you're going to install BEFORE installing it and going to a race, there's no showroom to see your car, vinyl customization now takes much more time and it's also much more restricted than before, which means much more boring to create your own vinyls. Some things are also slower to load than on previous NFS's, i.e: cars take quite a while more to show up when you select them.
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :From what I have read PC version is shit. Get PS3

It's the same shit on all platforms.
Works well on my pc, I haven't had any problems and going to a fluid 50fps, the only problem is that I don't get a good setup for the G25, however it's very nice (for screenshot generator) and so but I do not play more than a month I think...
Quote from DiSCiPuLo :It's the same shit on all platforms.
Works well on my pc, I haven't had any problems and going to a fluid 50fps, the only problem is that I don't get a good setup for the G25, however it's very nice (for screenshot generator) and so but I do not play more than a month I think...

When I buy it for my PS3 or Xbox I don't have to worry about it crashing because it's incompatible with my hardware.

So PC is always more shit. That's the exact reason I don't do PC gaming, everytime you buy a game it's a guess if it'll work.
Quote from sgt.flippy :When I buy it for my PS3 or Xbox I don't have to worry about it crashing because it's incompatible with my hardware.

So PC is always more shit. That's the exact reason I don't do PC gaming, everytime you buy a game it's a guess if it'll work.

There's not a single game that doesn't run on my PC. GTA IV ran well when I first installed it on the release, before the release of any patches (1.0.0.0). I didn't find any bugs. Same thing with all other games.

I don't think it's true that "every time you buy a game it's a guess if it'll work". Everything I ever installed until today has always worked.
Quote from Velociround :There's not a single game that doesn't run on my PC. GTA IV ran well when I first installed it on the release, before the release of any patches (1.0.0.0). I didn't find any bugs. Same thing with all other games.

I don't think it's true that "every time you buy a game it's a guess if it'll work". Everything I ever installed until today has always worked.

But not fluidly like you got on PS3/xbox. And no i don't mean FPS but the amount of problems you get.
Just installing it, Tried it on my brothers PC, The game is alot better than I expected, especially with the G25... The graphics are great, Cars sound good, the steering is abit wierd, but the game is alot better than GRiD imo
Does anyone have this super weird car bounce on some tracks its starts to bounce like its a ball
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Does anyone have this super weird car bounce on some tracks its starts to bounce like its a ball

Yeah, when I drove the S14 at Ebisu west, on one of the turns the front of car bounced, but Im sure it will get patched if its a bug?

Also at Spa in the S2000, at the last turn theres a funny dip in the road where it makes the car bounce like hell
Quote from sgt.flippy :When I buy it for my PS3 or Xbox I don't have to worry about it crashing because it's incompatible with my hardware.

I built my computer in February 2007, I've only upgraded from 2 to 4GB Ram and so far all the games that I've tried have worked fairly well.

Here you can see my specs.
Not everyone's a computer geek, I can make most games work aswel. But when I used to buy computer games, I exactly knew my spec and even if it did comply, it sometimes still wouldn't work as it should.

And when you hear about the amount of people having trouble with one or another thing... No thanks! Some might be lucky everything works, but it's never as easy as on a console.
Im trading it for Dirt 2 i had enough of this bouncing
Installed it, Now playing it, I have a bad frame skip problem, had this with NFS Pro Street, but that was before I got a new PC..

My specs are in my signature and Im sure it should run fine, Im not even at max graphics, but I am running 1920x1200... Does anyone know how to fix this?

Other than that, the game is great fun and Im sure it will keep me entertained for a long time
Omg.. wheel lag is killing me O.o... anybody got any solution to that?

Edit. It seems like some kind "steering help" which forbids You to make "unprofessional" moves at high speed(like lock to lock v.fast)... wtf? I've got all settings to "professional".

Edit. NVM GOT IT ...
Quote from Byku :Omg.. wheel lag is killing me O.o... anybody got any solution to that?

Edit. It seems like some kind "steering help" which forbids You to make "unprofessional" moves at high speed(like lock to lock v.fast)... wtf? I've got all settings to "professional".

Edit. NVM GOT IT ...

How did u fix it?
Nah didn't... i mean... there was speed sensivity, but the lag is still there -_-'... bloody hell... it's pathetic EA

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG